• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fought a cursed teddy bear looking demon called Bugs at Mementos... Is this a new demon? I've never seen or heard of it before. If so then that's great, I didn't expect to see any new ones in P5.

Really bizarre thing to bring back! Maybe Snappy will get another shot one day.

Zolo

This second boss is fucking destroying me. It's hard enough
just killing the paintings once.
They do too much damage.

Fuse Shiisha to get rampage. If Ryuji knows it as well, that's helpful. Yusuke also gets an attack that hits all enemies at lvl 17 I think? Have Morgana for healing with media.

Griss

Can't figure out where to go on 6/16... says the back alley behind the arcade but there's no one / nothing there. Have talked to Ryuji / Ann / Yusuke.

...uhhhhhhhhh...this confidant didn't show up. I am...confused.

...dammit, I think the guide ommitted doing a Mementos' request event and now Mishima isn't where he should be

The Japanese version had expensive voice actors so it had less voiced scenes because of it. Not sure what's the dub's excuse.

Probably for the same reason xseed didn't do more dubbed lines for the cold steel games. They wanted to, but since the game wasn't programmed to have lines there and falcom (and likely atlus jp) weren't willing to do the work to allow xseed (or atlus us) to do the additional dubbing it simply wasn't feasible.

The music in the fourth palace is <3

They should make Betelgeuse the P6 MC's persona tbh. Bring him back.

There are like fifty demons who should return and haven't in the longest time. I'm still waiting for Seere, Stolas, Bael, and many others.

I'm happy about Mithras and NINE's Moloch.

Joqu

Oh yeah, Moloch! I knew it wasn't a new demon but I definitely didn't remember where that one came from. That was a nice pick.

Honestly the only new thing I've seen are the treasure demons. I'm not too fond of those tbh but I guess they're more of a gameplay thing anyway

I played and finished Soul Hackers when it was re-released for the 3DS; I enjoyed it. I don't remember that demon, though.

Ah I'm just messing with ya. And I do want more people to play Soul Hackers, I really enjoyed it. ;p

Seems like it was a boss fight demon, I guess that's why I remembered the thing. Honestly? I don't really care for it. Lots of old demons I would've preferred to see used again over it. But it's nice they're going for these really obscure picks!

edit: Ooooh, Betelgeuse. Now that's some good stuff. If Bugs can happen I'm sure he'll get his turn someday.

Just fought a cursed teddy bear looking demon called Bugs at Mementos... Is this a new demon? I've never seen or heard of it before. If so then that's great, I didn't expect to see any new ones in P5.

I can special summon it, but I don't care how unique it is I ain't fighting with a teddy bear persona. That'd be em-bear-assing

Zolo

Thanks man! I always try to keep track of the special items mentioned by the two talking classmates since they tend to pretty good

Yeah. I'm playing on hard and trying to save my money on good items. It's too bad the nitto that restores your party's hp for 80 points can't actually be used in battle. Guess it can save me some sp anyway.

Alucrid

Banned
Gotta play more Soul Hackers :mad:

Snappy REALLY creeped me out for some reason, way more so than the average SMT demon. I guess I just really don't like evil dolphins.

B-but sure, why not?

soul hackers was like one of two 3DS games that i beat and i gotta say it's definitely up there in terms of favorite SMT games.

Probably gonna get a ton of flak from SMT / Persona fans, but I reckon the game would be so much more awesome if the protag had his own unique persona...that eventually changed over time as social links develop, as opposed to constantly fusing and having disposable Personas.

All the party members Personas have such fantastic designs.

ramyeon

Probably gonna get a ton of flak from SMT / Persona fans, but I reckon the game would be so much more awesome if the protag had his own unique persona...that eventually changed over time as social links develop, as opposed to constantly fusing and having disposable Personas.

No thanks. The fusion and demon compendium are one of my favourite elements of the series.

BLCKATK

Just finished the past 9/7.

Quick question about it though.
(9/7+ Spoilers):
How were you able to unlock the different date cutscenes? I got Makoto, which is no problem by me, I loved it. But I didn't realize there was more of them. I had Kawakami at 8 and Ann at 7, was pretty surprised that I didn't get an offer from them. I only had Makoto at 5 because I've been locked out.

Opa-Pa

Not in the slightest! I was thinking about this earlier today actually. It's a shame that these designs tend to be wasted in the most disposable personas around. Sure you /can/ rebuild them into killing machines, but it's a lot of work for something that should be a game mechanic. They should work differently and get stat boosts whenever you, say, get rank 5 with a confidant or something.

3 and 4 did have "evolved" versions for the MC's though, and based on what Arsene says when you fuse him, he probably does too, but that's still not the same.

Yeah. I'm playing on hard and trying to save my money on good items. It's too bad the nitto that restores your party's hp for 80 points can't actually be used in battle. Guess it can save me some sp anyway.
Well it's the little things that help you survive longer in dungeons
definitely saved my ass in the 3rd dungeon

Going to Mementos instead of the third dungeon on the first day. Did anyone else do this here? Feel like I need the money for better gear. Not to mention experience.

I like that idea but not at the expense of collecting and fusing.

He moved to Shinjuku for me once I'd opened that up on the map.

That's his usual spot for me. I can't find him there and I'm really annoyed because the guide I'm following never mentioned doing anything about one of the requests and if that request is needed to trigger his next Level up I'm going to be fucking irate.

Menitta

I 1000% agree. I'd so much rather it be a standard party system instead of Pokémon for just the protagonist (this coming from a huge Pokémon fan). I just don't like Fusion that much.

ramyeon

That's his usual spot for me. I can't find him there and I'm really annoyed because the guide I'm following never mentioned doing anything about one of the requests and if that request is needed to trigger his next Level up I'm going to be fucking irate.
I'm pretty sure he is only either there or before that Shibuya Central Street.

Xeteh

December spoilers:
Man these rat room/maze things can fuck right off. They aren't hard or anything its just annoying busy work.

Going to Mementos instead of the third dungeon on the first day. Did anyone else do this here? Feel like I need the money for better gear. Not to mention experience.

I like that idea but not at the expense of collecting and fusing.
It seems like we are on a similar path and think the same. That was my exact thought process going into mementos. I normally try to build up my relationship but I need money and I must become stronger. We have plenty of days&#8203; too.

Just finished the past 9/7.

Quick question about it though.
(9/7+ Spoilers):
How were you able to unlock the different date cutscenes? I got Makoto, which is no problem by me, I loved it. But I didn't realize there was more of them. I had Kawakami at 8 and Ann at 7, was pretty surprised that I didn't get an offer from them. I only had Makoto at 5 because I've been locked out.

Same thing happened to me.
I believe for the other characters (hifumi/shogo girl too!) you need to actually be in a romantic relationship with them to trigger it (I assume rank 10 for the rest of them). I think Makoto is kind of the "default choice" in that situation for whatever reason so you don't only have to hang with Ryuji. There's a similar situation later where if you don't have a romance there's a "default girl" and Ryuji to choose from, but I had romanced Kawakami by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom