• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Third palace:
So smart that he couldn't figure out the incredibly obvious location of the third palace.

I'll chalk that up to us being the viewer and also, hey, I
wouldn't necessarily look up when there are walking ATM machines all around me.

He's behind one of the coolest and most clever moments in the game, though, so that pretty much negates any of it, for me.

Jiraiza

I really hope they remove the MC dying means game over shit in the inevitable Persona 6. It doesn't add anything to the game except for wasting your time.

I really hope they remove the MC dying means game over shit in the inevitable Persona 6. It doesn't add anything to the game except for wasting your time.

Knowing Persona team and how they like to tie all aspects of the game to their story and themes, I'm sure it's done to build up the importance of the main character. But I agree, I would like it gone.

nOoblet16

5th palace boss is quite something ! I mean that in a positive way, I can't believe that it's the end boss of what has been an exceedingly disappointing dungeon.

Do yourself a favour guys and atleast unlock star confidant before this fight..You'll thank me later.

Kinsei

Banned
I'll chalk that up to us being the viewer and also, hey, I
wouldn't necessarily look up when there are walking ATM machines all around me.

He's behind one of the coolest and most clever moments in the game, though, so that pretty much negates any of it, for me.

I was referring to
him not realizing that the location of the palace for the Metaverse Navigator was the entirety of Shibuya.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is that the same for the next perk which is conducted from home?

Nah, for that you can trigger the perk yourself by doing the activities described in the perk. For example, as you approach the dishwasher in the Laundry, the game will ask whether you want to do it by yourself or let her do it for you. Same with making tools, approach and activate your work desk.

Nooooooooo!!! I just now realized that I ran past an elevator when I first died to that heavenly angel guy....I could have saved before I fought him in tower.

My soul is filled with much shame and regret.

molnizzle

I can do romance option with everyone, right? I won't get locked out after the first?

Nooooooooo!!! I just now realized that I ran past an elevator when I first died to that heavenly angel guy....I could have saved before I fought him in tower.

My soul is filled with much shame and regret.

Hard lessons to learn. Always backtrack to a save room if you're suspicious of bullshit ahead.

I wish there were more 3D animated scenes. They're the best.

That you can do whenever you want

Nah, for that you can trigger the perk yourself by doing the activities described in the perk. For example, as you approach the dishwasher in the Laundry, the game will ask whether you want to do it by yourself or let her do it for you. Same with making tools, approach and activate your work desk.

Thanks!

Edit: lol fuck you Sae.

FluxWaveZ

AtlusJP needs to stop hiring expensive voice actors if they're going to shove in so many voiceless scenes. This shit is so lame.

With the amount of text in these games and the amount of resources/budget a game like P5 requires, it probably wouldn't be fully voiced even if the VAs weren't among the best in the business.

The transitions from voice to voiceless can be a bit jarring at times, but it's something that I get used to quickly, with the understanding that this isn't an AAA game, where less than 100 people worked on it at a time during active development.

60 hours in the only complaint I have is that the 5th dungeon is kind of ass
with a really good boss fight though.
and that (post 5th dungeon)
Haru is obviously rushed

The in media res scenes took a complete 180 from "ugh why are these here" to "holy shit these are great." Seeing the plot unfold from two different angles is great.

With the amount of text in these games and the amount of resources/budget a game like P5 requires, it probably wouldn't be fully voiced even if the VAs weren't among the best in the business.

The transitions from voice to voiceless can be a bit jarring at times, but it's something that I get used to quickly, with the understanding that this isn't an AAA game, where less than 100 people worked on it at a time during active development.
I'm not like expecting fully voiced scenes for every part of the game or anything but there's so much inconsistency here. It's really glaring especially with how polished the rest of the game is.

60 hours in the only complaint I have is that the 5th dungeon is kind of ass
with a really good boss fight though.
and that (post 5th dungeon)
Haru is obviously rushed

The in media res scenes took a complete 180 from "ugh why are these here" to "holy shit these are great." Seeing the plot unfold from two different angles is great.
Ugh. The 5th Palace was a giant pain in the ass. Not looking forward to replaying that.

Zesh

How do I advance the Moon confidant? I'm on 5/26 and just finished the second palace. I see that people are spending time with them, but I haven't seen any option to do so. Did I miss something?

Astral

This second boss is fucking destroying me. It's hard enough
just killing the paintings once.
They do too much damage.

How do I advance the Moon confidant? I'm on 5/26 and just finished the second palace. I see that people are spending time with them, but I haven't seen any option to do so. Did I miss something?

You may have to do some Mementos quests for him? See if you have any requests at the hideout. I also know at one point he moves to Shinjuku instead of being in Shibuya at night, but I don't know if he changes location before you get access to that place.

FluxWaveZ

I'm approaching the end of the game and one thing I'm a bit disappointed by is that:

Dungeon 2 spoilers:
Madarame's Palace was the only one that culminated in a meticulously planned heist sequence to steal the treasure. Everyone had their own unique roles to fulfill to bypass security (which fit their roles in the group as a whole, too), there was deliberate tension regarding whether it was actually going to be pulled off correctly, the catharsis of it all coming together, and then the twist of the treasure having been a fake, replaced by Madarame. Man, that was some cool stuff. I wish that there had been more sequences like that throughout the game. Possibly more elaborate and where you could also decide on how you would approach things as the leader, GTA V style.

Zesh

You may have to do some Mementos quests for him? See if you have any requests at the hideout. I also know at one point he moves to Shinjuku instead of being in Shibuya at night, but I don't know if he changes location before you get access to that place.
Ah, thanks. I do have one open request; I'm not sure if it's specifically for him, but I was planning on waiting until I had a few more lined up to go to Mementos.

Mumei

On the Kamoshida calling card:
Does Ryuji write something different depending on the conversation you have on the rooftop, or is that just for flavor?

Ah, thanks. I do have one open request; I'm not sure if it's specifically for him, but I was planning on waiting until I had a few more lined up to go to Mementos.

No prob! Some of the quests he gives you will act as barriers to progression, even if they're not directly related to him. It's still a pretty good idea to wait for a few more quests to line up, though.

Opa-Pa

Just fought a cursed teddy bear looking demon called Bugs at Mementos... Is this a new demon? I've never seen or heard of it before. If so then that's great, I didn't expect to see any new ones in P5.

FluxWaveZ

Just fought a cursed teddy bear looking demon called Bugs at Mementos... Is this a new demon? I've never seen or heard of it before. If so then that's great, I didn't expect to see any new ones in P5.

Isn't the very first demon you encounter in the game a new one?

Opa-Pa

Isn't the very first demon you encounter in the game a new one?

Oh, I meant any new demons aside from main characters personas haha. Those are usually new but never appear outside of the titular game. This looked like a brand new, non-plot important demon.

Edit: Wait, you meant that bull thing? I could swear I've seen a similar one somewhere else but since you have to uncover their names, I couldn't tell.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, I meant any new demons aside from main characters personas haha. Those are usually new but never appear outside of the titular game. This looked like a brand new, non-plot important demon.

That's also what I mean. I'm pretty sure the very first enemy you face in the game is a non-plot important, new demon to the series.

Edit: Wait, you meant that lion thing? I could swear I've seen a similar one somewhere else but since you have to uncover their names, I couldn't tell.

Yeah. I'd need to check its name again, but I don't recall it from other Megaten titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom