• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

Just a tip, you can get moist katsu buns that heal 200hp from the bakery on rainy days and nitto that heal 80hp to everyone (outside combat) on rainy days as well.

LotusHD

Banned
After an hour of fighting him I pretty much have a good strategy but I just couldn't keep up with all the damage it was doing. My equipment was shit. MC has pretty good Personas for the job but my team was just getting their asses kicked. Once I get rampage and vicious strike for Ryuji and Yusuke in about a level, this dude is so dead.

I am so surprised people are struggling with him, beat him on my first try. But I did have rampage and what not, so yea...

Zolo

I am so surprised people are struggling with him, beat him on my first try. But I did have rampage and what not, so yea...

Yeah. It's kinda like having Ameno Uzume for Matador in Nocture or Black Frost for a mid-boss in P4. You can beat the boss without them, but it's a lot easier with them.

So I'm at the third palace and I'm still running into SP deficit problems. Is there ANYWHERE I can buy SP items? It's so frustrating. The enemies aren't hard, so it's not like I'm underleveled, but I go through SP like a motherfucker.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I honestly don't think this game is hard at all. On regular difficulty anyway.

So I'm at the third palace and I'm still running into SP deficit problems. Is there ANYWHERE I can buy SP items? It's so frustrating. The enemies aren't hard, so it's not like I'm underleveled, but I go through SP like a motherfucker.

Buy accessories from the clinic.

Also go physical.

I was looking online on how to beat some dude in Mementos and I found a YouTube video that showed how and someone spoiled the game in one of the comments and I read it.

God-fucking-dammit all to hell.

Man, these twitter may-mays are killing me:

I made one earlier that's been getting a good amount of RTs lol:
C9DtakkWAAEqXDY.jpg

This one's good too:

Haven't had fresh Persona memes in too long. I missed this series so much.

When you rank 5 with the clinic lady she'll sell you items that give you sp every turn. They're expensive, but worth it.

Astral

I didn't even need Rampage and Vicious Strike to get through it.

Having Media helps, I believe Morgana should have it by now, and if not there are definitely some Personas you can get at this point that have it.

Up that shit to hard man. This dude was able to one shot Ann almost every fucking time. It was probably due to her shitty equipment but still. Even with it I'm sure it would've taken more than half her health. It's ridiculous.

Rozart

Wow. 6k yen per nearly every other shadow battle. I feel like this is the first Persona game that just showers you with money. Especially once you've unlocked the Sun arcana.

Third Palace spoilers:
Okaaayy Makato I see you and that Awakening
👏👏👏

Ryuji's and Futaba's awakenings are the most obvious, and I could somewhat saw Ann's Awakening beforehand.

But man, Makoto's totally took me by surprise. My heart was taken in that very moment.

Morgana seems like an asshole to Ryuji exclusively.

Everyone is an asshole to Ryuji, and he totally deserves that.

Zolo

So is anyone here actually playing on merciless? I did very hard in P4G, but I felt I would've gotten more fun out of it just doing regular hard, so I opted out of it for P5.

Gator86

Ryuji's and Futaba's awakenings are the most obvious, and I could somewhat saw Ann's Awakening beforehand.

But man, Makoto's totally took me by surprise. My heart was taken in that very moment.

Everyone is an asshole to Ryuji, and he totally deserves that

Agreed with the bolded. Is there a single scene Ryuji is in where isn't yelling something about being the Phantom Thieves in a public place? Man, fuck that guy. Even for a game as goofy as Persona, it starts to stretch suspension too far. Is everyone in the city deaf or severely brain damaged?

Just a quick Q. Am I underleveled for the 4th palace? I'm currently level
and about halfway through. Anytime I see stronger Personas, I get paranoid that I'm too low.

darkwing

I was using a guide for the entirety of April but eventually ran out of money so I couldn't do one thing the guide suggested, then that snowballed into "I'm like 2 days behind now", so I'm abandoning the guide and just doing whatever. If I don't get the true ending oh well

that's the spirit, Persona games are NG+ types anyways

Opa-Pa

Second dungeon boss is definitely a beast on hard. I beat it on my second try and all, but if you don't know what you're doing or take too long on a particular phase, it'll absolutely destroy you.

I had good equipment and it still dealt some heavy damage, so I can see it being brutal if you haven't bought new stuff for a while.

Rozart

Even for a game as goofy as Persona, it starts to stretch suspension too far. Is everyone in the city deaf or severely brain damaged?

There's a guy in your school who apparently tells anyone he sees that he's the Phantom Thief. Fake calling cards are being sent out as pranks. Mementos Request #4 spoiler:
A gang of thugs started vandalising and damaging public property in your name.
etc. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that a bunch of civilians wouldn't blink twice at a couple of teens yelling about The Phantom Thieves.

Still, (despite having no beef with Ryuji) I do agree that it's dumb/irresponsible of him to keep blabbing on about being The Phantom Thieves even after he's made aware that both the school and the police/detectives are on the lookout for any clues regarding them. I think it might be addressed later on though? I mean they
/were/ caught by Makoto
because of their carelessness. So, it's not like the game is ignoring the issue.

Jiraiza

End of 3rd dungeon:

A dead cat is fine, too! Yusuke's comment about Mona's demise was hilarious. The other Metaverse traveling intruder is pretty interesting, though.

Hikami

I was looking online on how to beat some dude in Mementos and I found a YouTube video that showed how and someone spoiled the game in one of the comments and I read it.

I know how that feels, had P3 spoiled that way for me. People will also spoil P4 in comments.

P5 spoilers will be more frequent though this close to launch and due to Atlus' streaming policy outrage.

God, Persona games are pure addiction. Been sitting here for six hours and can't leave my seat. Too many confidants to level up, personas to find and grind... most games that go for all of the addicting, bar-filling type stuff are really lame, but this game just brings it all together.

Also, 6/15
The amount of pressure the principal is putting on Makoto to curb the criminal activity of the mafia because she's student council president is comically stupid.
Fuck off Kubayawatta

Zolo

There's a guy in your school who apparently tells anyone he sees that he's the Phantom Thief. Fake calling cards are being sent out as pranks. Mementos Request #4 spoiler:
etc. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that a bunch of civilians wouldn't blink twice at a couple of teens yelling about The Phantom Thieves.

Still, (despite having no beef with Ryuji) I do agree that it's dumb/irresponsible of him to keep blabbing on about being The Phantom Thieves even after he's made aware that both the school and the police/detectives are on the lookout for any clues regarding them. I think it might be addressed later on though? I mean they
/were/ caught by Makoto
because of their carelessness. So, it's not like the game is ignoring the issue.
For what it's worth,
it's pointed out that Makoto couldn't actually get them put in jail based on the recordings. The main problem is that it'd likely put them under supervision.

aravuus

Sounds like Youtube, alright. I went as far as blocking every Persona related video on Youtube, but got spoiled randomly on reddit cause a completely unrelated thread had a P5 spoiler as its flair. Promptly unsubbed, I'm not gonna give a subreddit with mods as edgy as that any traffic.

Surprisingly, I haven't really minded it that much. The spoiler has seemed so obvious and foreshadowed so far that it almost doesn't even feel like a spoiler. I guess I'll see.

/were/ caught by Makoto

Nah, he's still babbling about their Phantom Thieves identity in public even after
Makoto joined the team.

It's been months since their first operation and he still doesn't get it. It's like he's a static character with no development whatsoever.

People talk about
Makoto's
outfit while completely ignoring the fact that the first guy you play as has the most ballin' outfit of them all.

Joker's Phantom Thief clothing is swaggy as fuck.

Hylian7

I honestly don't think this game is hard at all. On regular difficulty anyway.

Buy accessories from the clinic.

Also go physical.
I agree, I really haven't found the game that difficult so far. The game hyped up the red shadows so much, but they seem like total pushovers.

I'm sure the challenge is probably coming, but I am tempted to check if there is a way to change to hard difficulty without having to start a new game. If SMTIV Apocalypse was any indication, I played that on War (hard) difficulty and it felt like a "normal" to me, even with increased compendium costs.

Mementos:
Makes me wonder if the Reaper is straight up impossible, or just difficult where they say "not recommended". I have yet to hear the chains though.

Rozart

Nah, he's still babbling about their Phantom Thieves identity in public even after
Makoto joined the team.

It's been months since their first operation and he still doesn't get it. It's like he's a static character with no development whatsoever.

I'm hoping to see more development much later Into the game tho. Past
Makoto's recruitment
. Would be really nice to see if there are some real repercussions to his carelessness + constant almost reckless yearning for fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom