• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domstercool

Was feeling tired last night, so I think I saved right at the end of the game. Shall finish tonight. 107 hours so far....

Things sure went crazy. O_O

Opa-Pa

Time to grind temperance. You can pay out your freedom at least for dungeon days.

Do further ranks let you
hire her for more useful duties or is it always just coffee and laundry
? I pretend to get rank 10 either way but I want to know what I should prioritize.

ramyeon

Do further ranks let you
hire her for more useful duties or is it always just coffee and laundry
? I pretend to get rank 10 either way but I want to know what I should prioritize.
Her rank 10 ability lets you
do stuff at night on days after you've been to palaces/Mementos by getting a special massage from her.

I swear to god, if this fucking cat makes me go to bed early one more time...

4f32d7f6d6b063935f71dc5807b36d15.gif

Domstercool

For fun, I decided to spend all my money before the first time you go to Shinjuku. Morgana will cover you by saying he's taking money out of his secret stash.

Hahah. I hope someone manages to put together a list of little things like that in the game. I'm sure there are a few I've missed.

Opa-Pa

Her rank 10 ability lets you
do stuff at night on days after you've been to palaces/Mementos by getting a special massage from her.

Holy shit that's a game changer. I'll rank that up ASAP.

For fun, I decided to spend all my money before the first time you go to Shinjuku. Morgana will cover you by saying he's taking money out of his secret stash.

Lmao black cats are the best companions in Megaten! He sure earned his Gouto costume.

Astral

Rampage/Vicious Strike were definitely the key for that second boss. My MC just mostly healed and buffed with High Pixie while Ryuji and Yusuke went ham with those two attacks. Killing everything at once really helped.
Very fitting that Yusuke ended up finishing him off.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rampage/Vicious Strike were definitely the key for that second boss. My MC just mostly healed and buffed with High Pixie while Ryuji and Yusuke went ham with those two attacks. Killing everything at once really helped.

Didn't one part absorb physical?

Still wasn't too hard.

Mothman91

Do downed party members still gain experience after a battle or no?

Wondering because if they "die" during a boss battle, I would rather use a resurrect item than win without them getting the big exp boost.

Espada

I beat the 3rd heist and I'm currently on 7/10. The game has been great so far, but I have a few questions:

I fucking suck at shadow negotiation. I read the tutorial on it, check their personalities beforehand, but when it comes to the chat I fail 90% of the time. The topics and responses you're given often feel nonsensical. Are the answers arranged in a predictable way (serious top, joking middle, vague bottom) so I can get some sort of leg up on this?

I am overwhelmed by the amount of things you can do. Do people focus on confidants before stat raising? Being able to do only two things a day (three if you can feed the plant) is rough.

What is the best way to raise intelligence? I have a character in my party that can't baton pass at all because of some insane SLink prerequisite (intelligence). I've been going to the library, reading books for what seems like ages and it doesn't jump to the next rank. Am I doing something wrong?

Enemies sometimes get 3 attacks when their turn comes around, even if they don't get a Critical or 1 More. What's going on here?

Mengetsu

I've hit 50hrs in getting ready for the 4th Palace soon. This game has absorbed me since last week. I haven't played a game like this non-stop everyday since Persona 4 on PS2. FF15 was maybe the closes in second.

This game is everything I wanted and then some since the announcement. My only gripe is that there's to much to do and so little time. Please cat just let me do what I want.

Morgana is the best mascot 😃

Opa-Pa

I was planning on maybe switching Ann for someone else soon, but she decided to learn Diarama, so nope. I still have Joker do the heavy healing with divine grace + media and recarm, but can't say no to that deceng magic stat + agilao, tarunda and diarama haha.

Very fitting that Yusuke ended up finishing him off.

Yeah physical AoEs are key against that one, cheers.

Do downed party members still gain experience after a battle or no?

Wondering because if they "die" during a boss battle, I would rather use a resurrect item than win without them getting the big exp boost.

I'm pretty sure they don't, but don't take my word for it. But I've noticed that I've never had a downed enemy level up.

Antiwhippy

One thing I can't quite get over regarding end of 4th dungeon:
Hey futaba, here's all these really dark, traumatic shit that seems embedded into your psyche.

Futaba: Oh no.

Syke they were lies all along.

Futaba: Oh cool let's get this over with.

Like, with all that shit we saw throughout the dungeon I feel like she accepted that her trauma was born from falsehoods a little too quickly?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there any penalty for doing multiple romance options for side characters that aren't part of the core group?

What is it with people playing Persona games that aim to romance ALL OF THEM.

STICK TO YOUR GUNS AND STAY WITH JUST ONE PERSON AT A TIME YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS.

To answer your question, not really... You can also romance them all and the only 'penalty' you get is just a sense of guilt and an extra scene here and there...

Dragner

One thing I can't quite get over regarding end of 4th dungeon:
Hey futaba, here's all these really dark, traumatic shit that seems embedded into your psyche.

Futaba: Oh no.

Syke they were lies all along.

Futaba: Oh cool let's get this over with.

Like, with all that shit we saw throughout the dungeon I feel like she accepted that her trauma was born from falsehoods a little too quickly?

She hasn forget about it you will have scenes about it later. But at that moment she has the resolve to leave that behind,
It makes sense since she asked for her own change of heart but Shadow Futaba actually showed her the truth.

ckohler

Halfway though the third dungeon.
Makoto is an amazing character. I absolutely adore her combat idle animation.

Also, is SP Adhesive 3 the best?

Astral

Now that the dungeon is complete I can go back to what's really important, leveling charm and continuing the Death SL so that Takemi can love me.

Antiwhippy

She hasn forget about it you will have scenes about it later. But at that moment she has the resolve to leave that behind,
It makes sense since she asked for her own change of heart but Shadow Futaba actually showed her the truth.

I'm saying she seems to accept the truth a little too readily considering that she was having hallucinations in the real world from her own guilt.

Like that's some pretty hardcore shit to recover that quickly from.

I swear to god, if this fucking cat makes me go to bed early one more time...
I came here to complain about that oppressive cat, and this is at the top of the page.

Does the game ever ease up on making you go to bed when you haven't been in the dungeon? These kids are in good shape in the prime of their life, and that cat bastard is telling them they need to go to bed early after seeing an art exhibit.

Wazzy

Banned
Started a couple days ago and I absolutely love everything about this game. I've just finished the second palace and I'm working on social links and increasing my skills. The music is fantastic as expected from Persona games.

Antiwhippy

I came here to complain about that oppressive cat, and this is at the top of the page.

Does the game ever ease up on making you go to bed when you haven't been in the dungeon? These kids are in good shape the prime of their life, and that cat bastard is telling them they need to go to bed early after seeing an art exhibit.

Be prepared to block out a week in the leadup to a new palace.

Ryuji's and Futaba's awakenings are the most obvious, and I could somewhat saw Ann's Awakening beforehand.

But man, Makoto's totally took me by surprise. My heart was taken in that very moment.

Everyone is an asshole to Ryuji, and he totally deserves that.
I'm pretty much set on romancing her. I don't think anyone else can or will come close.

Shit this game is engrossing.

Started it and looked up at the clock, 7 hours had passed. God damn.
Tell me about it. 40 hours clocked in and it doesn't even feel like it at all.

Is this what​ it means to love Persona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom