• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Seriously? That's a bit lame TBH :(

P5 improved a lot of things over P4, but something they didn't really address was how romancing a character affects events and dialogue outside of specific romance scenes.

On one end, I like that there's not too much emphasis put towards this, as a player could feel they were left out if they didn't romance anyone, and it'd probably become really complicated to design, depending on how many people you romance, dialogue choices, etc. But, on the other, it always feels like this secret relationship that can't be mentioned to anyone else, and doesn't make sense with certain story-important interactions.

It'd probably be really hard to improve upon this, but it's one aspect of the game which clearly has room for it.

GSR

Yeah, Persona 3/4/5 definitely has this weird thing where romance subplots dominate a lot of discussion of the game... but they play a smaller part in the game than like, even Fire Emblem or Mass Effect.

Then again Persona isn't very good about interweaving social links and the rest of the game to begin with, so I guess it's not surprising.

GNOSIS

The only thing I don't like about Velvet room and fusion is that I have to get in there to do it.

It would be nice if you could fuse your Persona any time. It's especially annoying when you are in a dungeon and have to teleport back and forth between safe room and Velvet room.

Cronen

I see that the Izanagi and Orpheus DLC is up on the EU Playstation store. Does anyone know if they are worth the £2.49 asking price (each)?

Opa-Pa

Anyone knows if Invigorate skills stack with invigorate rings? I just made a Neko Shogun with Invigorate 1 and I'm wondering if I should replace the skill eventually.

Anyone knows if Invigorate skills stack with invigorate rings? I just made a Neko Shogun with Invigorate 1 and I'm wondering if I should replace the skill eventually.

The SP+ regen item from the doctor? Yeah it stacks, I got 10 SP for my MC each turn using Neko Shogun

Yeah, Persona 3/4/5 definitely has this weird thing where romance subplots dominate a lot of discussion of the game... but they play a smaller part in the game than like, even Fire Emblem or Mass Effect.

Then again Persona isn't very good about interweaving social links and the rest of the game to begin with, so I guess it's not surprising.

Yeah, and I don't think they don't realize this 'issue'. It's just that they're already too comfortable with the formula. Applying more factors into the relationships will only make things more complicated for them. I hope they can somehow come up with a win-win solution for their next Persona game.

Zaru

But, on the other, it always feels like this secret relationship that can't be mentioned to anyone else, and doesn't make sense with certain story-important interactions.
Well it made sense to me in P4G because I was a quadruple-timing piece of shit going behind everyone's back
Thankfully they put in that Valentine's day scene to remind me of my infidelity

Jintor

God I wish Australian internet was good enough to remote play

I'm in a train for forty minutes and I could really do some dungeon grinding

Jiraiza

L5Bc4Dw.jpg

Remove all the members and just confuse spam all day.

Opa-Pa

... Has it always been possible to just switch party members at will everywhere by going into the Stats screen or did I unlock this with a confidant? The fact that they teach you to do this only at the entrance made me think it wasn't possible lol.

Nemesis_

... Has it always been possible to just switch party members at will everywhere by going into the Stats screen or did I unlock this with a confidant? The fact that they teach you to do this only at the entrance made me think it wasn't possible lol.

If you progress the Star confidante you will unlock that ability. Initially it's for Joker (ie. you can only swap when it's his turn) but eventually if you pursue that line you'll be able to do it for anyone.

edit oh wait you mean't outside of the battles. I'm not sure. Does that stats screen trick work even when you're not in a safe area?

Frimaire

Naw, you could always do it.

Opa-Pa

Naw, you could always do it.

This is precisely the kind of thing they should teach you with a forced tutorial instead of stuff they let you do without explanation in the prologue lmao.

If you progress the Star confidante you will unlock that ability. Initially it's for Joker (ie. you can only swap when it's his turn) but eventually if you pursue that line you'll be able to do it for anyone.

edit oh wait you mean't outside of the battles. I'm not sure. Does that stats screen trick work even when you're not in a safe area?

You can do it literally in any area of a dungeon. You just go into Stats and press Square on a member to add/remove them from the party.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
asking again just for my sanity's sake lol

officially finished the first "case", the days seem to be going at a lightspeed pace (doesnt the game end in
december
? im already in may) and I feel I've barely done anything, its weird. Not story wise but all the social link stuff and whatnot. With so much to do and all taking 1 day to do it, it just feels strange, I guess its just a Persona thing.

Hell I dont think I even got
Ann
as a confidant yet, or was it automatic when she joined? Either way I certainly didnt have any chances to raise it with her, much less romance her.

I'm 14 hours in and everybody says its 80-100 so im not too worried, but it feels im rushing when Im really trying not to.

I also only found 2 confidants outside the main cast, the
leblanc guy
and the
doctor lady
, was I supposed to have more at this point?

game is stressful lol

Mendrox

asking again just for my sanity's sake lol

You are fine. The game just started for you. After the second dungeon the game starts for real and you will have more than enough time. There are certain confidants that will give you even more time to use. Also no you are not to fast. May is also the second month of the game... chill. :) May, June and July will take alot more time.

Opa-Pa

Party members that join you in dungeons will only be available as confidants after said dungeon is beaten. You can find her in the underground mall.

Also your number of confidants is fine, P5 introduces them little by little, and most of them are hinted via mandatory dialogue. I think I've only discovered 2 by myself in 60 hours playing haha.

Also you might want to spoiler tag the dec
ember
part of your post.

Game is long and there's a LOT of stuff to do, but it's fine if you don't see everything, just do things at your own pace and don't think too much about it. P3 was my first game of this kind and I think I only maxed about 4 confidants and I still had an extremely fulfilling experience.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Do the dungeons as soon as you can, because you will finish well before the deadline and have all those days to do confidants, Mementos, or whatever.

Always do dungeons first mate.

Yes, better then keeping it for the last days.. lesson learned!! Thanx
Abt those Memento's... i assume these will appear on my way after i finished the first Dungeon plus boss?

Dragner

Just a reminder if you are stressed about the time to do anything try to prioritize Arcanas that will give you qol advantage. I cant state how good is to level Temperance asap for your free time management.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cheers peeps.

Just a reminder if you are stressed about the time to do anything try to prioritize Arcanas that will give you qol advantage. I cant state how good is to level Temperance asap for your free time management.

I dont have that one. Ive been trying to focus on
death
for the sp thing

Hoo-doo

Banned
Any place out there where I can just listen to the extended versions of the OST?

I love the song 'What's going on?' so damn much and I want it to be longer like how it is in the game. The drum loop is godly.

RalchAC

P5 improved a lot of things over P4, but something they didn't really address was how romancing a character affects events and dialogue outside of specific romance scenes.

On one end, I like that there's not too much emphasis put towards this, as a player could feel they were left out if they didn't romance anyone, and it'd probably become really complicated to design, depending on how many people you romance, dialogue choices, etc. But, on the other, it always feels like this secret relationship that can't be mentioned to anyone else, and doesn't make sense with certain story-important interactions.

It'd probably be really hard to improve upon this, but it's one aspect of the game which clearly has room for it.

I haven't finished any coop yet, but one of my biggest issues (besides romancing) is how you don't really feel the need to hang out with maxed SL in P3/4. Which is weird, considering level 10 means you two are BFF.

They could give you some perks for doing it. Like a boost in a stat (like, Ryuji giving you points in Guts), a perk (Ann making it easier to convince Shadows to join you for the next few days) or other stuff if you hang out with them.

About romancing, I understand not being record voice lines for every single possible situation. But some comments here and there, not voices, like Sojiro asking you to bring your girlfriend to the Café when you arrive home, some reaction if you say something flirty to a different character in front of them would be cool, or some NPCs asking you something about it before you hang out with them to level up their coop. Nothing too fancy, but that kind of acknowledges it.

And go all out in cheating lol. If they find out, have the SL reversed. And once you've been exposed, make it so you can't Direct Command those reversed characters for a while due to her being really angry.

wbEMX

Quick question about time management. I did not make more lockpicks than the initial ones in the tutorial. I had to drop out of the first dungeon midway because SP ran out. I now have 10 days left and I would love to make more lockpicks, but going to LeBlanc basically ends the day. Should I ignore the lockpicks and treasures for now and concentrate on getting further into the dungeon and clear everything up later?

First-time Persona player, so I'm not quite in the groove yet in terms of time management.

FluxWaveZ

I haven't finished any coop yet, but one of my biggest issues (besides romancing) is how you don't really feel the need to hang out with maxed SL in P3/4. Which is weird, considering level 10 means you two are BFF.

They could give you some perks for doing it. Like a boost in a stat (like, Ryuji giving you points in Guts), a perk (Ann making it easier to convince Shadows to join you for the next few days) or other stuff if you hang out with them.

About romancing, I understand not being record voice lines for every single possible situation. But some comments here and there, not voices, like Sojiro asking you to bring your girlfriend to the Café when you arrive home, some reaction if you say something flirty to a different character in front of them would be cool, or some NPCs asking you something about it before you hang out with them to level up their coop. Nothing too fancy, but that kind of acknowledges it.

And go all out in cheating lol. If they find out, have the SL reversed. And once you've been exposed, make it so you can't Direct Command those reversed characters for a while due to her being really angry.

I like your ideas. Subtle touches like that could go a long way to making the advancement in relationships feel meaningful throughout the game.

For those having SP problems. You should just use HP based skills like Rampage or Swift Strike. Swift strike hits 3-4 times in a row and is enough to kill most normal enemies in 1 use.

Also you just need one SP regen accessory, just give it to your healer and just spam HP based skill and have them heal you.

Xeteh

I just always thought an easy fix for that stuff was during scenes where you're all together talking, whoever you're dating is sitting/standing close to the protag... instead it comes off as WE CAN'T LET ANYONE KNOW OF OUR SECRET because they never act like they're close in any conversation and don't interact at all. Hell, once Ann invited me to go to a Shrine and Ohya showed up. She asked if we were on a date and my 3 options were like "We're just friends. We're classmates. Why are you here?". It just comes across as awkward.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Quick question about time management. I did not make more lockpicks than the initial ones in the tutorial. I had to drop out of the first dungeon midway because SP ran out. I now have 10 days left and I would love to make more lockpicks, but going to LeBlanc basically ends the day. Should I ignore the lockpicks and treasures for now and concentrate on getting further into the dungeon and clear everything up later?

First-time Persona player, so I'm not quite in the groove yet in terms of time management.

Well i fucked up on time management but i was able to create abt 3 of them in the last couple of days so there is deff time and space for it.
Finish the Dungeon until you reach the treasure room and then come back later with them lockpicks to open the chests before finishing the Dungeon.
And try to do all this in the beginnig rather then in the end because you might fuck up on time and start all over again (like i did)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom