• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozart

A special combo basically. Like using a Wind attack on an enemy suffering from Burn.

There's a tutorial section on it you can read, I would recommend everyone look through that whole menu in general since it explains quite a few things in detail the game passes over, like enemy mood types and the negotiation options each one likes/dislikes.

I...didn't even know that there were special combo moves in this game wow. Yeah, I only found out about the mood-based negotiations from this OT actually. Will take a look at the tutorials later. Thanks.

Hylian7

First dungeon:
Was that green penis head miniboss this game's Mara? If so that's kind of disappointing, I miss the awesome chariot design.

mike6467

I'm enjoying fusions a lot more in this game then I have in the past. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm going out of my way to understand the system more or what. In the past I just used the calculators or guides to up my S Links and get special Personas. I'm sure I'll have to do that for some stuff, but I've put in a fair amount of time using the fusion charts, and playing around to expand my compendium and do the twins requests without just looking it up.

I think my first playthrough is going to be well over 100 hours. I've spent a ton of time just wandering around, showing my girlfriend stuff. Fusing, mementos etc...I mean, I'm just starting the 4th dungeon at 50 hours. There's probably 5ish hours of idling in there, but yeah, I'm really taking it in. This usually means I won't do a NG+ for a long time, but I'm ok with that, it's what I did with P4 and it was nice to revisit everything after a prolonged break.

YaBish

Early July spoilers
When Ryuji and the MC go fishing, I thought it was hilarious how when Ryuji was looking for a fishing Master, Becky showed up. Then the game acknowledges it by giving you the dialogue option to call her "Master", and it gives you 3 music notes for both of them XD

zelhawks37

Enemy in the fourth palace:

Anubis is hands down the most annoying enemy so far. He has put a stop to a couple of my runs in the palace and its aggrevating, but thats what hard mode is all about. :)

asagami_

Banned
First dungeon:
Was that green penis head miniboss this game's Mara? If so that's kind of disappointing, I miss the awesome chariot design.

Nah that's not him, he's a late game persona.

It's.

Or, it's almost Mara. It's a callback from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, where a group of demons tried to invoke Mara but they failed, resulting in such demon being a mix of Mara/Slime.

hqdefault.jpg

Anubis is hands down the most annoying enemy so far. He has put a stop to a couple of my runs in the palace and its aggrevating, but thats what hard mode is all about. :)

Do you have the
Neko Shogun
persona? It's a request from the girls and you'll be immune to
Anubis'
insta-kill bullshit.

daveo42

Banned

If you can get a Persona with Tetraja (I think it's a Twin Wardens request), you can cast that to avoid insta-death.

Edit: Principality has it at level 29 btw.

Hylian7

It's.

Or, it's almost Mara. It's a callback from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, where a group of demons tried to invoke Mara but they failed, resulting in such demon being a mix of Mara/Slime.

Oh yeah, I knew that thing looked famliiar! I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I fucking love Nocturne.

I mean outside of the AoE physical attack she starts with, she doesn't seem to get any more physical skills. If she does it's so late in the game that it's not even worth thinking about.

Yeah it's what I noticed. Might sacrifice her physical and go pure magic. Didn't bother going for group spells and kept it single target spells for most characters. Enemies lineup would always have someone who would exploit group spells.

nOoblet16

Do you have the
Neko Shogun
persona? It's a request from the girls and you'll be immune to
Anubis'
insta-kill bullshit.
Isis that you find in the same dungeon is immune to all his shit.

zelhawks37

Well now I have a few options that Ill do on my next play session. Cant believe I missed (fourth palace monster)
Isis
this whole time too. Thanks guys!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Well now I have a few options that Ill do on my next play session. Cant believe I missed (fourth palace monster)
Isis
this whole time too. Thanks guys!

You missed her?

She was spanking my ass all up and down that damn
pyramid.
(4th Palace location spoiler)

Raxus

Man. 3rd dungeon was a pain in the ass to clear on one day. It really doesn't help your social links bleed you dry around that time not leaving any room for upgraded gear. Took a few SP items but I did it. Now to see how long I can last to squeeze every last drop of exp.

Lucky punch is a godsend.

Vengal

Man. 3rd dungeon was a pain in the ass to clear on one day. It really doesn't help your social links bleed you dry around that time not leaving any room for upgraded gear. Took a few SP items but I did it. Now to see how long I can last to squeeze every last drop of exp.

Lucky punch is a godsend.

I found my tactic for grinding there involved some phantoms that sleep you, heal themselves, and having a sp restore accessory. Grind out using my sp then return to them and bait out sleep on my characters to restore so.

For the guys lucky punch is good on I found using combos of mental effects + psychic attacks super effective.

For real. I thought I'd keep Morgana for healing, but now I refuse to get rid of him just for Lucky Punch + Baton Pass.
Baton pass to yusuke should be what follows. Lethal combinaton with them two. Hoesntly all of the characters are pretty powerful except makoto who i found to be a good defence character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If he's not in Shibuya, he's in
Shinjuku

I dont have that second location yet. I cant find him at all tho, and it said I should go to him after
each memento
:(

where does he hang out in
shibuya
? I see
Ann
at the mall.

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member
Afraid of looking at other spoilers so I'll ask this directly. I'm in the opening sections and the game has just now allowed me to begin moving about freely.

I'm told I have to "take Kamoshida's heart" by the time the school board meeting happens or else I'll be expelled. There have been veiled threats that really bad things will happen if I'm expelled from a second school. How serious is it? Obviously, I'll get a game over in the game, but what is the story implying happens to the main characters? No school will accept me again? Execution? It would have to be pretty bad considering we could still invade his castle after May 5th, make him change his heart, and then just deal with whatever the consequences were from there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also im still confused by confidants, is it even worth it to hang out with them if it says the bond wont deepen?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
First Palace Boss Spoilers:
What happens if you send someone to get the treasure instead of the crown?

Something I think P5 does really well is create truly flawed characters. Not just little quirks that they end up resolving, but actual, realistic character flaws that they have to rely on others to keep in check. Ryuji's impulsiveness is obviously the most glaring example, but you notice it in pretty much everyone. Ann is nice but can be a bit of a whiny person and even a little self centered at times, Yusuke is extremely eloquent but can come off as a bit cold, Futaba is a sheltered girl whose lack of social tact is understandable but still very much a problem at times, Morgana can be condescending in a way that he doesn't seem entirely aware of, etc. etc. It feels very organic, and the team plays off of each other's strengths to fill in the gaps their weaknesses give them.

Persona 4 did something similar, but P5 perfects the idea, or at least realizes it more fully. Even the confidants are like this. Mishima is always willing to help but is way too laser-focused and overbearing, relying on the protagonist to be his straight man of sorts.

Without spoiling anything, the villains in the game show the reverse idea too; that scumbags have traces of redeeming qualities/and or sympathetic motivations for what they've become. For a game with an anime aesthetic, the characters are all surprisingly three dimensional.
I agree so with this sentiment. It's subtle in some cases but looking back it makes sense. In the example of Ann, knowing her past makes it understandable why she is clingy.

Is there anything more hype than the music that plays after you send the calling card?
It's God-tier.
Got a link to it? I can't find that version on youtube...maybe i'm blind.

https://youtu.be/9xQZ1zmxyDk

Weebos

Banned
also im still confused by confidants, is it even worth it to hang out with them if it says the bond wont deepen?

You will need to get more points with them for the bond to deepen, hanging out with them in this scenario is the easiest way to get points with them.

Dragner

Ir still gives you 3 points for hanging with them with a persona of their arcana on your team. You will be in that position a ton unless you check the good answers for the questions during the S.Link so may as well do it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

This is something I'm wondering, too. Should you only hang out when it says the bond will deepen?

Ir still gives you 3 points for hanging with them with a persona of their arcana on your team. You will be in that position a ton unless you check the good answers for the questions during the S.Link so may as well do it.
You will need to get more points with them for the bond to deepen, hanging out with them in this scenario is the easiest way to get points with them.

Ah, that's what I figured.

"Bond will Deepend" is the Rank Up scene, but there's still an underlying point system that will increment during the regular, non-Rank Up hangout scenes.

Thanks

It's around November I think (when the flu season starts)

For fast level up:

Go to Mementos when it's flu season. Wait for 5 minutes on a floor. Fight the reaper. The reaper will be in despair and after 3 turns he will be dead and give you massive EXP. Level 70 - 99 in about 20 minutes

I am undecided if I want to take advantage of this or not.

Neoweee

This is something I'm wondering, too. Should you only hang out when it says the bond will deepen?

"Bond will Deepend" is the Rank Up scene, but there's still an underlying point system that will increment during the regular, non-Rank Up hangout scenes.

I'm on 7/18, and have a 4 in knowledge and a 3 in everything else. Is there any stat I should really try to focus on? There are some things I know I need to boost for certain situations, like
Makoto's next rank, and the airsoft guy.

Nose Master

Yeesh, almost got got in the third palace by the mid boss. Landed a despair on the main guy right before it was down to only Joker, and
he killed himself.
Thank god, I haven't saved in like an hour.

Lifeline

Should I use a guide for this game, or just play however? I heard there's a lot of missable stuff and stuff you can screw up. Is there a good spoiler-free guide to use in that case?

Tiops

Temperance SL start spoiler:

Holy shit I was not expecting that lol. Sadayo grew even more on me after that, I felt sorry for her. Becky <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom