• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Should I use a guide for this game, so just play however? I heard there's a lot of missable stuff and stuff you can screw up. Is there a good spoiler-free guide to use in that case?

yes there is a lot of missable stuff, but you can't really screw yourself badly. Game is designed so you should be picking what is important to you.

I'm on 7/18, and have a 4 in knowledge and a 3 in everything else. Is there any stat I should really try to focus on? There are some things I know I need to boost for certain situations, like
Makoto's next rank, and the airsoft guy.

Kindness. At least 4 to make your life easier.

Dragner

I'm on 7/18, and have a 4 in knowledge and a 3 in everything else. Is there any stat I should really try to focus on? There are some things I know I need to boost for certain situations, like

It depends on what you pursue. If you want to train the strongest arcanas you need Guts 3 and charm 4 for death, Charm 3 and Knowledge 5 for star, guts 3 and money for temperance, money for fortune, and Kindness 4 for Hermit.

Thats probably some of the top tier arcana, from the companions Makoto requires charm 5 at some points as the hardest requirement.

Kindness the hardest to level for me, I had to sell TONS of flowers for that...and charm is guts is needed a lot but the best bonuses are hidden behind knowledge 5(star) but thats easy to level.

molnizzle

7/5

Yusuke just recommended that I wrap up any Mementos missions I have before the deadline because I will probably get new ones, but I was purposefully waiting to get more after the deadline so that I have a fuck-ton of them to do all in one run and maximize my time.

Is my plan sound, or should I go do some missions?

Thanks for the tips. Has anyone figured out the exact mechanics of the benefit of the 5k readings from (still mid july)
the fortune arcana?
Saw someone suggesting it only raised things from one note to two, and perhaps had no visible effect if you select like, charm and then take a bath.

MKIL65

Should I use a guide for this game, or just play however? I heard there's a lot of missable stuff and stuff you can screw up. Is there a good spoiler-free guide to use in that case?

If you're going for 100% and Platinum, you should wait until NG+ for that.

Enjoy the game on your first playthrough.

Weebos

Banned

You'll want 4 in Kindness for an upcoming link, and a 5 to advance in
Sojiro's

Weiss

Banned
So I got the bad ending. I gotta say I did see that twist coming.

I thought Goro was really well done! The entire dungeon was about him being this awkward, bumbling charming guy who effortlessly melts the gang's worries about him and them BAM SHOT TO THE FACE! I imagine once I replay the game and actually get past the bad ending I'll like him even more.

7/5

Yusuke just recommended that I wrap up any Mementos missions I have before the deadline because I will probably get new ones, but I was purposefully waiting to get more after the deadline so that I have a fuck-ton of them to do all in one run and maximize my time.

Is my plan sound, or should I go do some missions?

I think it's a good idea. Mementos is pretty easy.

Afraid of looking at other spoilers so I'll ask this directly. I'm in the opening sections and the game has just now allowed me to begin moving about freely.

I'm told I have to "take Kamoshida's heart" by the time the school board meeting happens or else I'll be expelled. There have been veiled threats that really bad things will happen if I'm expelled from a second school. How serious is it? Obviously, I'll get a game over in the game, but what is the story implying happens to the main characters? No school will accept me again? Execution? It would have to be pretty bad considering we could still invade his castle after May 5th, make him change his heart, and then just deal with whatever the consequences were from there.

I'm fairly sure it states that the main character would go straight to juvenile hall (kid prison) because he's already on probation. Ryuji would probably just drop out of school. So pretty bad for them in the real life sort of way.

SHarris78

Is there really nowhere to buy any SP regeneration stuff once you've run out in the first dungeon?

I'm virtually at the end but had to leave due having used up all my items. Back in the real world, there's loads of HP items to buy but I can't find a single SP one. Checked all the vending machines, the clinic, supermarkets - nothing.

How many actual persona 4 Easter eggs are there. I only came across one I think
rise poster
. By the way I've beaten the game so feel free to spoil me on that topic.

Dragner

Is there really nowhere to buy any SP regeneration stuff once you've run out in the first dungeon?

I'm virtually at the end but had to leave due having used up all my items. Back in the real world, there's loads of HP items to buy but I can't find a single SP one. Checked all the vending machines, the clinic, supermarkets - nothing.

You can buy SP regen accesorys leveling up the death arcana.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How many actual persona 4 Easter eggs are there. I only came across one I think
rise poster
. By the way I've beaten the game so feel free to spoil me on that topic.

Early on in the game after the first palace they mention
Naoto on TV as the first Detective Prince.

Zesh

I haven't been this hooked on a game for a long time; I'm having trouble doing other things because my mind just wanders back to the game. Feel like I should've taken time off work for this.

Talking with my friend about Persona 5 and her actual cat apparently starts trying to herd her family into bedrooms at night and howls/meows at them constantly if they stay up.

So Morgana forcing you to sleep is based in reality, apparently!

Dragner

Talking with my friend about Persona 5 and her actual cat apparently starts trying to herd her family into bedrooms at night and howls/meows at them constantly if they stay up.

So Morgana forcing you to sleep is based in reality, apparently!

My cat actually goes in top of my chest and meowths at my face to wake me up minutes before the alarm sounds. And if I try to set it up a bit to sleep a bit more...hell no he will cry like theres no tomorrow until I wake up.

gun_haver

You can buy SP regen accesorys leveling up the death arcana.

I haven't got these yet (they're available just don't want to spend all of my yen), so maybe it doesn't matter, but these almost feel like a bit of a cheat. SP works differently than MP in most games - it's really important and is the main limiter on you just running through enemies, since everything has a weakness and the strategy of when to use your SP is part of what makes battles a challenge.

Also, it adds some fun tension to dungeons when you try to one-shot them and by the end are scraping for a few points of SP however you can get it.

Seems like regenerating SP (dunno how it works, per turn i guess?) would kill some of that, since the scarcity of it is what balances out how easy enemies are to kill.

Then again, who cares. I'll buy em anyway.

I haven't got these yet (they're available just don't want to spend all of my yen), so maybe it doesn't matter, but these almost feel like a bit of a cheat. SP works differently than MP in most games - it's really important and is the main limiter on you just running through enemies, since everything has a weakness and the strategy of when to use your SP is part of what makes battles a challenge.

Also, it adds some fun tension to dungeons when you try to one-shot them and by the end are scraping for a few points of SP however you can get it.

Seems like regenerating SP (dunno how it works, per turn i guess?) would kill some of that, since the scarcity of it is what balances out how easy enemies are to kill.

Then again, who cares. I'll buy em anyway.
The SP regen accessories are really powerful early game, but the sp heal is a flat 7 so as you progress it'll remain useful but be far less op. I felt like they were damn near mandatory by the endgame even on normal difficulty

Weebos

Banned
If I buy the DLC soundtracks is there a way to set them on "random" so I will get a different track in each battle?

I assume not, but I can dream.

So without levelling up the death arcana there's no way of getting SP, is that right?

For the first dungeon? Not that I can think of. More options open later.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Maxed out the doctor, oh my...

So without levelling up the death arcana there's no way of getting SP, is that right?

If you are willing to pay double the price, but I think you need at least rank 3 or 4 for it to appear, not sure.

Oh I misread, you can get regen in other ways too.

there's also coffee and curry from the hierophant link (And with temperance at a certain level those can be made without taking up time). I've also heard some of the vending machine drinks give a tiny amount of sp back

Wiseblood

There are SP regen sodas available in the vending machine by the bath house, the one in the school courtyard, two of them in Shinjuku, and I think two more in Akihabara. They sell two types of SP soda you can buy 1-2 of per week. Only 5 SP per soda though.

Dragner

You can get it with items like soul balms. Or with items like coffee but that requires leveling another arcana. In the end the items from death are super poweful, both the consumables and the accesorys

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I haven't got these yet (they're available just don't want to spend all of my yen), so maybe it doesn't matter, but these almost feel like a bit of a cheat.
It's not a cheat. In dungeon 5, you will need to use SP smartly even with the accessory on all four characters, but you can do the dungeon in 1 day. It gets hard later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom