• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
What's that new costume DLC that just came out?

Let's you wear normal clothes in the palaces or its alternate costumes for the real world?

MKIL65

If I buy the DLC soundtracks is there a way to set them on "random" so I will get a different track in each battle?

It's a huge shame, because the music is tied to the outfits themselves.

What's an even bigger shame though, is that I can't adjust the volume in the option menu.

What the fuck

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when the story takes over your game on a sunday and you cant go drink your special juice

v059g.gif

Second palace / "Case" is boring me to tears

Hoping for the third one to be a bit more intriguing :/
Literally the worst dungeon section in the entire series.

Six hours of impatiently jamming the 'x' button I'll never get back.

And it's not even close to being the worst dungeon.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
So something funny happened to me while playing the game yesterday

I manage to do the power level method by mistake, I went into mementos on the day 11/14 because there was no social links I could have benefit from, so I went there to train and grab some persona. Well before I started to explore Mona said something about the flu season but I didn't pay attention so I went to a floor and was farming, until nature called, so like a idiot I left my game idle while I went to take care of business and when I came back I was in battle with the Reaper.

Yet something was weird the reaper had despair on it, so I rolled with it and just guarded since I know most despair targets (included us) normally kill ourselves in a few turns, which ended up happen and I was rewarded with 72K exp and got a achievement with it.

I went up to look up to see if that happen to anyone else and it's actually a method people use and I guess I need to start reading how weather effects mementos more.

Totakeke

I have the urge to yell inmate to all the dungeon complaints.

I do wonder at what point of their game design did they still feel like people would actually take multiple days to complete dungeons. Even if they made it longer people would still do it in one day as long they are capable.

Akim

Banned
I suck at this game and I need help. I'm playing on normal.

I'm on the first palace. All of my dudes run out of SP so fast and I can't go forward because I can't heal and I can't afford any damn medicine. I heard you were supposed to try to finish the dungeons in 1 days and I'm about to go onto day 3. Any tips?

daveo42

Banned
Second palace / "Case" is boring me to tears

Hoping for the third one to be a bit more intriguing :/

Yeah, I thought the case itself was fairly weak up until the very end where you find out from the boss that
Sayako was done by Yusuke's mom as a self portrait of her and him. That was pretty touching.

The third and fourth dungeons are real good. I'm now feeling kind of worried about heading into the fifth dungeon based on some of the posts here.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I suck at this game and I need help. I'm playing on normal.

I'm on the first palace. All of my dudes run out of SP so fast and I can't go forward because I can't heal and I can't afford any damn medicine. I heard you were supposed to try to finish the dungeons in 1 days and I'm about to go onto day 3. Any tips?
That's normal in the first dungeon. Try to use attacks that the enemies are weak too.

Weebos

Banned
Yeah, I thought the case itself was fairly weak up until the very end where you find out from the boss that
Sayako was done by Yusuke's mom as a self portrait of her and him. That was pretty touching.

The third and fourth dungeons are real good. I'm now feeling kind of worried about heading into the fifth dungeon based on some of the posts here.

I didn't think the 5th dungeon was that bad, hard to compare to the fourth dungeon though.

Wait...
Futaba
's codename is actually
Oracle
? I've been calling her that for months because she looked exactly like the DC character but I had no idea that I was actually right, lol.

So, all these Batman references... It can't just be a coincidence, can it? I assume it was a localization choice but it's so overt that it's kinda weird.

Chapter 5 was such a step back compared to 4. I'm disappointed to have played it.

Well, shit. I'm about to start it. 3 and especially 4 were a massive improvement after the disappointment of chapter 2. This game really is all over the place.

Totakeke

Wait...
Futaba
's codename is actually
Oracle
? I've been calling her that for months because she looked exactly like the DC character but I had no idea that I was actually right, lol.

So, all these Batman references... It can't just be a coincidence, can it? I assume it was a localization choice but it's so overt that it's kinda weird.

Hashino talked about Batman in one of the interviews so probably not.

ConmanIX

Fighting a Memento boss that kept healing to full when he was at half. It was so annoying D:
Eventually though, when he was just above half, MC countered a brain shake that did a ton, and the rest barely managed to take him down. What a great feeling :D

Holy shit, how? I'm a few days before the third dungeon at 33 hours lol.

I'm not really sure, because I played this the same way that I did Persona 4 Golden, which is finishing up dungeons as quickly as possible.
Maybe it's fast-forwarding through the battle results, or reading the dialogue really fast.
There's probably 1-2 hours more if I count progress lost because I forgot to save.

Really regretting not following the loading screen advice "Take your time"

mstevens

Someone was asking about sp restoring potions. The vending machine in the school courtyard and the vending machine outside the bathhouse restock a few each week.

nOoblet16

Is the Hanged Man arcana worth ranking up? Can i put it off until later?
Except for one character guns don't do enough damage to make it worth it atleast mid game and post mid game.

The requirement to unlock that confidante was way too high considering how early they give you the option to unlock him. Most people won't have rank 4 in guts until like 30 hours or so into the game and by that point you just don't care about gun customisation since the stuff you find or buy is already better.

The Tower confidant is more useful for guns than hanged man who I think is a complete waste of time just like the Devil confidant.

molnizzle

I think it's a good idea. Mementos is pretty easy.

It's more of a time management thing. Will those missions still be available to me later on or will they go away? If they never go away I'd like to wait until I have at least 5-6 of them to knock out at once.

Chaos17

Well, shit. I'm about to start it. 3 and especially 4 were a massive improvement after the disappointment of chapter 2. This game really is all over the place.
Yeah, I'm sad now and begining of chapter 6 just make me facepalm hard. How the heck can you go backward with all the time they had. I mean 80% of my playtime is about reading...

Well, I'm gonna continue and hope chapter 6 will improuve.

Reszo

Except for one character guns don't do enough damage to make it worth it atleast mid game and post mid game.

The requirement to unlock that confidante was way too high considering how early they give you the option to unlock him. Most people won't have rank 4 in guts until like 30 hours or so into the game and by that point you just don't care about gun customisation since the stuff you find or buy is already better.

The Tower confidant is more useful for guns than hanged man who I think is a complete waste of time just like the Devil confidant.

Sweet then i wont woory about it.
Next question, how did you guys get a matador with magaru? lol

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ran out of money in the normal life stuff after the first Palace. 😭

Saw that I can sell a Soma for 50,000 yen

Don't mind if I do 😛

I mean hanged man also has the benefit of raising proficiency if you want to gain social links and social stats simultaneously

DNAbro

Man I just got to October and all my social stats are at 3. I'm worried I won't be able to get them up all the way before the game ends.

Edit: scratch that I just got knowledge to 4 lol

Chaos17

Man I just got to October and all my social stats are at 3. I'm worried I won't be able to get them up all the way before the game ends.

Edit: scratch that I just got knowledge to 4 lol

I'm sorry but you're kinda screw up, a lot of social link ask you between 4-5 level stats:x

daveo42

Banned

Devil confidant was worth doing several levels just for the charm stat increases. Her abilities are kind of useless. Also, I've been avoiding buying upgraded guns since the start of dungeon two. Is there much of a reason to actually upgrade them as often as regular weapons and armor? Increased ammo?

Christ the 7th dungeon is boing and I'm only half way through.

All i am going to say is stock up well. I managed to scrape by but could have made it a lot easier for myself. I found dungeon 6 was worse simply because I kept finding groups of demons that would decimate my team within one turn.

Can anyone tell me if bosses actually have weaknesses. Found myself just hitting them with anything I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom