• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am really not a fan of
May
, 2 thirds of the way through and I barely had any control, between those
4 days of exams
and the story just eating days away, I havent been able to do anything. the game doesnt even let me make lockpicks or something at night :/

A little sloppy, but here's my first attempt at getting in on the P5 memes
RQOu7hE.gif

Beautiful!

All i am going to say is stock up well. I managed to scrape by but could have made it a lot easier for myself. I found dungeon 6 was worse simply because I kept finding groups of demons that would decimate my team within one turn.

Can anyone tell me if bosses actually have weaknesses. Found myself just hitting them with anything I had.
Later ones don't at the very least. End ones can't even be crit either

nOoblet16

Devil confidant was worth doing several levels just for the charm stat increases. Her abilities are kind of useless. Also, I've been avoiding buying upgraded guns since the start of dungeon two. Is there much of a reason to actually upgrade them as often as regular weapons and armor? Increased ammo?
Well Yusuke gives you charm stats as well, and he is a party member so it's worth more to spend time with him. If you want to increase ammo you level up tower confidant.

Hanged man does pretty much nothing really.

Chaos17

Remember, what I said before that game finally let me play at night during chapter 4 after story event? well you can forget about it in chapter 5 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blunoise

Man this cast really makes me feel connected. I understand what's it's like to be an outcast and trying to find your place to fit in. I loved ryuji until what he did to you know who in September, but I'm glad they squashed that and moved on.

Just an fyi, if you're playing the ps3 version and switching between the ps4 version, you need to buy the dlc for both versions for your save file to work if you have it installed in one version

Is anyone else getting blank card drops fairly often and finding them ×3 per treasure chest?

I thought they were supposed to be hard to come by.

8/5 spoilers
Haha, whoever did the voice for the cinematic classic
Mes Misérables is a worse singer than Russell Crowe.
But nothing will top The
Cake
Knight Rises.

Mengetsu

Why DLC is so expensive :(

Its the price of story DLC in some games
Along with the costumes and BGM they also come with accessories that give you advantage ie Persona 4 costumes come with an item to equip that gives you Double exp and Persona 3 gives you double money in battles.

Does it justify the prices? All depends on each person and preferences. I personally wanted the items and P3 costumes. I don't like it cause costumes used to be free things in games like these but, times have changed and I fortunately had the 15.00 Sony gave me saved from spending 100.00 last month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so if I make the deadline I save
Yusuke
, but if I fail the deadline, I get
Ann nudes
?

nsr.gif

:3

daveo42

Banned
Well Yusuke gives you charm stats as well, and he is a party member so it's worth more to spend time with him. If you want to increase ammo you level up tower confidant.

Hanged man does pretty much nothing really.

Yusuke's not available at night tho and the bathhouse is only worth it on rainy nights or on Monday/Thursday.

(Post October) It was a little jarring at first, but I really like
Haru's
Voice acting now. It's weird at first because her voice is so unlike anyone else in the game, but I found it to be very adorable the more I listened. It's not quite up to par with the rest of the cast, but I appreciate what they were going for.

Holy shit, the story is fucking heating up.
The way they set up Dungeon 6 has me so hyped. I miss the fun and easy-going school festival from P4; the atmosphere here is just so tense.

(Post October) It was a little jarring at first, but I really like
Haru's
Voice acting now. It's weird at first because her voice is so unlike anyone else in the game, but I found it to be very adorable the more I listened. It's not quite up to par with the rest of the cast, but I appreciate what they were going for.

Holy shit, the story is fucking heating up.
The way they set up Dungeon 6 has me so hyped. I miss the fun and easy-going school festival from P4; the atmosphere here is just so tense.

I can say the finale for the game is as strong as prior games and easily stands out from them in certain directions it takes.
Really glad to see each game has its own unique atmosphere and feel fresh from each other even through the core gameplay is very similar.

muteki

Looks like I'll have Death up to the point where I can buy SP regen items before the 2nd place, just won't have the money to actually buy them.

Be nice to work on other confidants I've been neglecting tho.

Rhaknar

Looks like I'll have Death up to the point where I can buy SP regen items before the 2nd place, just won't have the money to actually buy them.

Be nice to work on other confidants I've been neglecting tho.

how??? Ive been trying to do that and it seems impossible. In fact im at the second palace now and Death is still rank 3 >_>

not being able to do fuck all the whole month because the game took over doesnt help.

Griss

Is the Sojiro confidant supposed to be this hard to rank up? I've got the correct persona, but I've met him like 4 times between levels 3 and 4 and still no sign of ranking up.

Should I wait for a story event or something or is this just a particularly long soul-link? Because the doctor, on the other hand, it feels like I rank up every time I go see her, and Ryuji is either every time or every second time.

Plasma

Banned
It's starting to get really frustrating how many evenings I'm losing out on doing stuff because Morgana keeps telling me to go to sleep early

I love this game. Never got too deep into p3 or p4 but man, i really want to go back and give them another shot.

I'm surprised other games havent copied the structure of the persona games, with the days passing and deadlines that need to be hit etc.

Is the Sojiro confidant supposed to be this hard to rank up? I've got the correct persona, but I've met him like 4 times between levels 3 and 4 and still no sign of ranking up.

Should I wait for a story event or something or is this just a particularly long soul-link? Because the doctor, on the other hand, it feels like I rank up every time I go see her, and Ryuji is either every time or every second time.

it's just a long social link, especially at early levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom