• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiops

Is the Sojiro confidant supposed to be this hard to rank up? I've got the correct persona, but I've met him like 4 times between levels 3 and 4 and still no sign of ranking up.

Should I wait for a story event or something or is this just a particularly long soul-link? Because the doctor, on the other hand, it feels like I rank up every time I go see her, and Ryuji is either every time or every second time.

Are you brewing coffee? If I'm not mistaken, it affects the social link progression.

Wiseblood

Is the Sojiro confidant supposed to be this hard to rank up? I've got the correct persona, but I've met him like 4 times between levels 3 and 4 and still no sign of ranking up.

Brew coffee instead of hanging out with him if you're not ready to rank up. Not only does it give you advancement points but you get something useful out of it.

Weebos

Banned

Should I wait for a story event or something or is this just a particularly long soul-link? Because the doctor, on the other hand, it feels like I rank up every time I go see her, and Ryuji is either every time or every second time.

I think one of the ranks is locked behind a story event, not sure if it is 4 or 5.

Voror

Wait, DLC costumes are out? Didn't see them up at launch. I will consider buying them for the NG+ run.

They're supposed to be but looking on the store via computer has only showed the new personas so far.

Edit: Ah had to search for Persona 3 and 4 to bring them up. That would explain it with how I was looking.

Aiming with the gun, and it says press triangle for "special attack" downed the enemy immediately. Discovering new and awesome stuff like this constantly on my 2nd playthrough.

muteki

how??? Ive been trying to do that and it seems impossible. In fact im at the second palace now and Death is still rank 3 >_>

not being able to do fuck all the whole month because the game took over doesnt help.

I'm at Rank 5 a few days before midterms. So I could buy them now (if I had the cash) or wait until Rank 7 when there is a discount. I have currently about half the cash needed to get the best adhesive w/ discount. The only other requirement is Guts Lvl 2 to get past Death Rank 2, which is pretty easy to come by early on.

Other than that it is just going to the Clinic every day it was available, which was every 3 or so days I guess. Getting the first palace done in 2 trips+boss may have helped.

Griss

Are you brewing coffee? If I'm not mistaken, it affects the social link progression.

Brew coffee instead of hanging out with him if you're not ready to rank up. Not only does it give you advancement points but you get something useful out of it.

It takes a long time to get Soujiro to proceed past rank 3 but once he does he progresses really quick.

4 doesn't proc until midgame.

A good Sojiro tip is if you won't progress on a day with him, brew some coffee; it builds points and gets you an SP item.

Thanks guys.

Vic_Viper

Just got some of the DLC that came out today. The 2 Personas and the P3 outfits. Do I have to go get them from the box in my room or will the Personas be in the compendium?

Edit: Yes apparently you do lol.

Recall

How is there time to do both brewing coffee and a social link when the cat tells you to go to bed?

I can't wait for a guide to come out that shows how to do everything super effeciently.

Vic_Viper

How is there time to do both brewing coffee and a social link when the cat tells you to go to bed?

I can't wait for a guide to come out that shows how to do everything super effeciently.

There comes a time when you can actually go out at night. Not sure if that will allow the time to do that though.

Heres a good guide for each month that ive been looking at from time to time:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-07-persona-5-walkthrough-guide-tips-4249?page=2

just got death rank 6, how do i get 7 the fastest now? need dem 50k sp reg accessories

Just keep hanging out with a Death persona in your roster, there aren't any particular blocks that might prevent you from leveling up.

4 of the 7 sp items on my fighting members is awesome, I can basically stay in dungeons forever.

pixxxelz

Oh man Becky is going to be the end of me, every time she texts me "master 💖" I just can't say no to her... I even had to sell some of my equipment once 'cause I was broke.

Wait, DLC costumes are out? Didn't see them up at launch. I will consider buying them for the NG+ run.

That's my approach. Didn't expect myself to be so absorbed into the game that I beat it the same day as dlc release. Guess I'm going back in for mass destruction.

Shengar

Never expect this kind of reference in my weebs game

LRX0zsl.jpg

Question about negotiations/failing thereof:

Say you keep pressing the demon for more money and succeeding for a few rounds, and then subsequently fail, causing him to attack again. Do you still keep the money you pressed out of him successfully?

Opa-Pa

So the personas come with the respective uniforms and music? I thought it was just the personas and that the rest was separate. The price doesn't seem that bad if so.

daveo42

Banned
Oh man Becky is going to be the end of me, every time she texts me "master ��" I just can't say no to her... I even had to sell some of my equipment once 'cause I was broke.

Never ran into that issue, but right now I'm stuck waiting to see her again thanks to (rank 8)
it being summer vacation and she doesn't give you her Memento quest until after you see her at school again.

Oh man Becky is going to be the end of me, every time she texts me "master 💖" I just can't say no to her... I even had to sell some of my equipment once 'cause I was broke.

I know that feel.

It took a lot for me to not romance her, but I had to go with my heart and damnable preference for punky girls and stick with the doctor.

I think it's time for me to take a break from the game.

5th palace is destroying me and I'm really stressed out about my social links, causing me to try and rush through the palace, which of course isn't a very good tactic :p

Will resume in a few days.

Weebos

Banned
So the personas come with the respective uniforms and music? I thought it was just the personas and that the rest was separate. The price doesn't seem that bad if so.

The description doesn't say they come with the Personas.

Reach out to the truth with the Persona 4 Costume & BGM Special Set. This includes 'Yasogami High' for all members of the Phantom Thieves, an exciting battle theme and battle jingle from Persona 4, as well as the special set specific accessory item 'Team Glasses'! Enjoy the phantom life even more with these unique costumes!

Toki767

Never ran into that issue, but right now I'm stuck waiting to see her again thanks to (rank 8)
it being summer vacation and she doesn't give you her Memento quest until after you see her at school again.

I'm in the same boat. Anxious to get to Rank 10 so I can have more free time.

Recall

Ah, I was asking because I can't find either costume pack in the US store.

On the PS4 dashboard you press down on the game to see it's info, you can access directly all relevant DLC tied to each title from there.

You don't need to hunt the PSN store :)

Nose Master

Man, your party members do not shut the hell up about the palace. Meet up in morning, text after school, text at night. We have a week! Get out of my damn face, dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom