• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
Every time you would get relationship points you will get one more. Can be the difference between getting another rank up the very next time or to have to spend time with the confidant before another rank up.

Ok, that makes sense thanks. I've been making sure I always have the right personas for that stuff but I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

Ferrio

Banned
What type of elements attacks does
Makoto
have? I think they'll be joining me soon, and I wanna toss Ryuji to the curb.

HMD

I like how the slavery theme the game was supposed to have is very apparent at some parts, especially in the beginning. I wonder when they decided to drop it for the thievery theme.

shiba5

So stupid, but can anyone tell me if this dog ends up being ok?

54wJjMV.jpg

There's a little story about him if you listen enough - how he's an old dog,blah blah blah. Well, apparently he got sick and he hasn't appeared in a awhile.
He looks exactly like my 14 year old Shiba so UGH! Dem feels.

FluxWaveZ

I like how the slavery theme the game was supposed to have is very apparent at some parts, especially in the beginning. I wonder when they decided to drop it for the thievery theme.

"You are slave, want emancipation?" That definitely wasn't dropped.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

The slavery theme is prevalent in like every palace. It was never dropped.

daveo42

Banned

You are a slave to
your fate
based on on the start of the game.

Yeah, except that Morgana started this shit but then is super sensitive when Ryuji talks back. Fuck Morgana.

Honestly, they both talked about each other and said mean things, but the only difference is that Morgana has always been right. Ryuji is a worthless character. If there was a power to fire people on the team, he would've been gone a long time ago. Would you want someone like Ryuji on your team being the weak link? He is completely stupid, inconsiderate, and basically a stereotypical anime archetype that's just there because it's the popular character to have apparently. In reality, you wouldn't want someone like that on your team bringing everyone else down.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
In all seriousness people seem to hold a grudge for Morgana trying to keep the MC well rested :-x (September related spoilers)
or why else everyone conveniently ignoring the rising anxiety that has been building up within him for months leading him to blow up at Ryuji. Course both don't look great in that, that's the point, it's a stupid fight between friends. Still the build up to it was there from an emotional stand point. It's not like either of them decided to go full asshole just like that.

Toki767

I can't believe they gave Futaba 250 lines of battle dialogue.

Meanwhile Morgana says like...the same 10 things over and over and over for the first 40-50 hours.

Shouta

Fourth palace plot question

When Sojiro was explaining to the group his relation to Futaba, did he say that he and her mother were a couple? I remember him saying that he met Futaba's mom when she was already pregnant, but I don't know if it was implied that Sojiro and Futaba's mother were actually romantically involved.

The implication is that Sojiro and Futaba's mother weren't actually a couple. It's not like Sojiro didn't try though. Rather, Futaba's mother was determined to raise Futaba by herself and wanted to focus on her work. That's part of why Sojiro is an amazing character. he took in the kid of the woman he deeply cared for but never was with.

Kind of living for the Ryuji hate in this thread. All of my friends love love love love him, and I'm like holy heck what he's the worst. He's literally everything I hate about teenagers, both real and fictional.

Setsu00

I can't believe they gave Futaba 250 lines of battle dialogue.

Meanwhile Morgana says like...the same 10 things over and over and over for the first 40-50 hours.

Morgana's best battle line is his reaction to getting angered. It's so cute and probably goes completely against his intentions.

Just finished the second round of exams, before the next dungeon is discovered. (Don't want to check specific day because then I'll spend my daying playing instead of doing work).

How far into the game am I, percentage wise? I really hope it's under halfway, even just a little bit. I've been making some poor progress in terms of making my confidants go "Ha Hoo Ha."

Also, where should my social stats be around here (ballpark)? I have 4 knowledge and guts, 3 charm and proficiency, and 2 in kindness I think.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
For thievery and stealing hearts? If you're going to make such an oblique connection, then the very first teaser trailer works on the same level as well.

Ah in that case I misunderstood I was more referring what tone and what context the whole "chained by something" would take in the end.
Yeah the inception like angle wasn't clear until much later.

The group would be missing something if a character like Ryuji didn't exist tbh. Also (late October spoilers)
everyone pretty much admits to feeling the same way he does, he's just louder lol. And he apologizes for being so dumb!

Toki767

Just finished the second round of exams, before the next dungeon is discovered. (Don't want to check specific day because then I'll spend my daying playing instead of doing work).

How far into the game am I, percentage wise? I really hope it's under halfway, even just a little bit. I've been making some poor progress in terms of making my confidants go "Ha Hoo Ha."

Also, where should my social stats be around here (ballpark)? I have 4 knowledge and guts, 3 charm and proficiency, and 2 in kindness I think.

Sounds like you're up to
Summer
and yes, that is much less than halfway.

MTC100

Banned
They stole your heart and you never saw them coming

Well it was just some great game until a point I realized how insanely well written the characters are, a good believable cast of characters with an intriguing story is all I want from games in the end :)

P4G was also great but P5 trounces it and also has the better Dungeons -and even adds it's own type of Persona 3s Tartarus to the mix.

Ydelnae

Fourth dungeon

I always dread desert/snow themed dungeons but this one does not only feature a very interesting storyline, but also combines Egyptian mythos with technology/alien stuff.

The only complain I have about dungeons so far is the lack of shadow characters. The first dungeon had Shadow Ann, in the second one Shadow Yusuke was a painting and then that plot point seems to have been dropped in consequent dungeons

FluxWaveZ

As a Phantom Thief, there are a handful of moments where Ryuji shines as the "charge commander" he says he is. It's why I wish the game had more moments where the characters had to organize a meticulously detailed, Ocean's Eleven style heist where every member of the team could show off their unique talents. It'd serve to reinforce the idea that each one of them is essential to the team.

I think I remember in one of the trailers, the whole party was scrambling around the dungeon in rat forms.

Doesn't seem to be the case now bc ailments don't carry between battles.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Always genuinely funny to see people in a series that's kind of all about compassion, trying to understand each other and accepting each others faults go "fuck that character", "your ***** is trash" etc etc completely ignoring most of the time that they're simplifying characters that are written with quite a bit of nuance to ridiculous degree.

Not that I'm above that which adds to the amusement, because Kenji is indeed trash :p

Setsu00

Speaking of well-written characters, (3rd Palace spoilers)
I love this game for finally showing a student council president who isn't some kind of celebrity due to their position. Makoto is like some kind of anti-Mitsuru and horribly deconstructs that trope.

Toki767

Fourth dungeon

I always dread desert/snow themed dungeons but this one does not only feature a very interesting storyline, but also combines Egyptian mythos with technology/alien stuff.

The only complain I have about dungeons so far is the lack of shadow characters. The first dungeon had Shadow Ann, in the second one Shadow Yusuke was a painting and then that plot point seems to have been dropped in consequent dungeons

They weren't Shadow versions really. They were how Yamoshida and Madarame viewed the characters as.

Speaking of well-written characters, (3rd Palace spoilers)
I love this game for finally showing a student council president who isn't some kind of celebrity due to their position. Makoto is like some kind of anti-Mitsuru and horribly deconstructs that trope.

Agreed, I was shocked too. She's not what I was expecting, when I really should've expected her to be the way she is...

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Fourth dungeon

Those are not Shadows. They are the cognitive versions of those characters, or how the owner of that Palace views them. The plot point hasn't been dropped, it's there in Kaneshiro's Palace with all the ATM dudes, and it'll be a part of the rest of the dungeons too.

Dany

Banned
Can I do all mementos?

I see on a guide there is a "Sadism Is Just a Sign of Love" memento quest but I haven't accessed it yet. Are they tied to confidants also?

Toki767

Can I do all mementos?

I see on a guide there is a "Sadism Is Just a Sign of Love" memento quest but I haven't accessed it yet. Are they tied to confidants also?

Some are tied to S-Links.

Some require you to work a job to update the request, etc...

daveo42

Banned
I think the thing I've missed the most so far in the first four dungeons are the
unique mid boss from palace 1. That modified slime as 'Mara' was great...and then nothing else so far as unique. Mot at least fit in the fourth palace...but still more unique mid bosses would be nice for each dungeon.

Toki767

Work a job?

Also, I went to mementos to complete a request but the third zone wasn't unlocked yet. :/ wasted a day

I had a couple requests that required you to work at the Flower Shop or Convenient Store to get the name of target to unlock a request.

Toki767

You know what I don't really get.

The MC has a voice actor since he talks in battle.

So it seems weird for them to not just have the MC speak in general.

R0ckman

I love how ATLUS US captured the enemy team frustration cries, like they are literally another human player or something. I chuckled when I knocked an enemy down and they were like "God Dammit!" Exactly how I feel when it happens to me lol.

Setsu00

You know what I don't really get.

The MC has a voice actor since he talks in battle.

So it seems weird for them to not just have the MC speak in general.

It's even weirder in the Japanese version where the MC is "voiced" by one of the most prolific voice actors in Japan.

But yeah, it's to allow the player to insert his thoughts into the MC, which again is kind of stupid since the MC in this one has an established backstory anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom