• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

God this game is stressing me out. I never know what to pick or how long things are going to take. I missed a chance to hang out with Ryuji at some ramen shop on accident because i advanced time. Hoping I don't regret that too much.

I'm on 5/1 and I really haven't seen very many chances to hang out with Ann, is that normal?

She hangs out in the underground mall if you don't get a message from her but still want to hang out.

FluxWaveZ

-Super nitpicky, but why did we need to steal treasure?
Beating Shadow Kamoshida made him change his heart, as he felt he wasn't worth anything anymore after "a loss." Great tie-in to his character and I loved the moment, but it takes focus away from needing the treasure. Sure, the medal was important to him, but beating him down and therefore him having to deal with that loss is what changed the shadow's heart. Without it, he wouldn't have given up the crown. In the end, it doesn't really matter, and I think I like the idea of the loss in battle being what changed him. Plays better in my head.

No, stealing the treasure is absolutely vital to the process.

FluxWaveZ

Oh god, all the
evolved Persona
this time around are hideous.

I wouldn't say they're hideous, but
the original designs are all so amazing that the evolved forms just can't compete. For the P4 sequels, people wished to see the evolved forms in action instead of going back to the original forms. For P5, it's surely going to be the opposite.

TheFatMan

She hangs out in the underground mall if you don't get a message from her but still want to hang out.

Oh ok I was wondering where she hangs out. I never see a Card on the map for her, I assumed I needed one of those to trigger a hang out anyways, guess I was wrong heh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
God this game is stressing me out. I never know what to pick or how long things are going to take. I missed a chance to hang out with Ryuji at some ramen shop on accident because i advanced time. Hoping I don't regret that too much.

I'm on 5/1 and I really haven't seen very many chances to hang out with Ann, is that normal?

At some point you need to search them out in the world to hang out with, though 5 is better at it because most times they'll message you when they are available to hang out.

Also welcome to persona lol. Time stress is part of the fun.

Kalentan

You need Kindness Rank 2 to talk to Ann and sometimes Social Links can be advanced even if they don't message you.

FluxWaveZ

At some point you need to search them out in the world to hang out with, though 5 is better at it because most times they'll message you when they are available to hang out.

Also welcome to persona lol. Time stress is part of the fun.

Persona 5 is better because you can just go to the map, press square on any location with a tarot card, and the game will tell you which Confidants are at that location and if they're ready to level up. You don't need to walk anywhere.

No, stealing the treasure is absolutely vital to the process.
I'll wait to see, but
even if the medal being gone has a large impact, he wouldn't have given up the treasure without the loss, which also leads him to going back to real world to atone. So it might have a real world impact that is vital, but I have a feeling whatever that is, it is going to feel like a continuation of the dominos that fell from the loss
. Guess I'll find out tomorrow and post follow-up thoughts then.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am goddamn confused about how to properly kit Makoto with her skills.

Picking between Diarama/han, Mediarama/han, Dekunda (it's very useful), Energy Shower, Freila. Mafreila, Nuke Boost, Nuke Break, or her physical skills, maybe? Not to mention Evade Psy from her rank 10 bonus....... grahhhhhhhhhh, which one should I stick with her? I am thinking of ditching Diarama/han entirely and stick her with only Mediarama/han.

For those of you already reaching end-game content or have finished it, are the Break skills required whatsoever in the end-game content like in Persona 4 Golden?

Toki767

Persona 5 is better because you can just go to the map, press square on any location with a tarot card, and the game will tell you which Confidants are at that location and if they're ready to level up. You don't need to walk anywhere.

I uh...did not know this lol

I knew the tarot cards meant a Confidant was there, but I didn't know about the pressing Square to see thing.

Man, I got some shit done in July. Finally started a romance, too! Damn, the MC just goes for it, he certainly isn't shy, lol.
I wonder how many confidants I'll be able to max out on my first playthrough. I only missed out on one (the French kid) when I played Persona 3 for the first time (and without a guide of course) and I feel like I'm making some good progress here.

I am goddamn confused about how to properly kit Makoto with her skills.

Picking between Diarama/han, Mediarama/han, Dekunda (it's very useful), Energy Shower, Freila. Mafreila, Nuke Boost, Nuke Break, or her physical skills, maybe? Not to mention Evade Psy from her rank 10 bonus....... grahhhhhhhhhh, which one should I stick with her? I am thinking of ditching Diarama/han entirely and stick her with only Mediarama/han.

For those of you already reaching end-game content or have finished it, are the Break skills required whatsoever in the end-game content like in Persona 4 Golden?

Here's what I did:

Kept the nuke skills ( nuke break included )
Healing in case Morgana dies
No physical skills she's a monster without it.
And I think she learns marakunda or however it's called for giving the entire team Def

silva1991

Morgana's is okay but I'm not sure what they were thinking with the rest of them. Makoto's is particularly disappointing. Really not keen on doing party S Links now.

Morgana's feel like what I would expect from P4's Yosuke persona evolution lol

It's cool, but pales compared to Zorro.

latest

gun_haver

Have the exact amount of points needed to level up social stats been determined yet?

Would be good to have an idea of how far off I was from the next rank to help plan out the days - this is one thing I wish they had included some indication of in the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Here's what I did:

Kept the nuke skills ( nuke break included )
Healing in case Morgana dies
No physical skills she's a monster without it.
And I think she learns marakunda or however it's called for giving the entire team Def

Nah, she ain't learning Marakunda, she's learning Rakujaja/Marakujaja skill, the raising defense for the whole party.

Yeah I suppose it's

Diarama/han
Mediarama/han
Dekunda
Marakujaja
Freila/dyne
Mafreila/dyne
Nuke Boost/Amp
Nuke Break

Is what I am going to after. I guess if she needs to go physical I am just using her normal punches then. I want to keep her Energy Shower though, which is why I am thinking to ditching either Diarama/han or Nuke Break, especially since the latter seems extremely situational, and maybe if there are enemies like in P4G that blocks everything then I suppose I can let the others Break them, but eerghhh,.mulling, mulling, mulling..........

O well I wouldn't know never played aside from 10 minutes of 4
Ahh fair enough, but nah it's just a design change thats it.
Nah, she ain't learning Marakunda, she's learning Rakujaja/Marakujaja skill, the raising defense for the whole party.

Yeah I suppose it's

Diarama/han
Mediarama/han
Dekunda
Marakujaja
Freila/dyne
Mafreila/dyne
Nuke Boost/Amp
Nuke Break

Is what I am going to after. I guess if she needs to go physical I am just using her normal punches then.
Yeah, you'll be fine. That was my set up for her it's good to have break magic for enemies inmune to it.

Is it worth reading the books from Jinbocho in order order to unlock being able to read books in one go? I've already read most of the books available at school and in the store. Dunno how many more books will be opening up at the store after August.

Is it worth reading the books from Jinbocho in order order to unlock being able to read books in one go? I've already read most of the books available at school and in the store. Dunno how many more books will be opening up at the store after August.

Go to red light district and get the
speed reading book
to cover more ground. And yes buy books any chance you get.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, you'll be fine. That was my set up for her it's good to have break magic for enemies inmune to it.

Energy shower seems too important to discard tho -_____- Items that heal the status effects for your entire party are either rare or very expensive, so discarding it seems to be a bad idea >_<

Still undecided >_<

Curious to know how far I am into the game.. I have just under 40 hours played and I'm on the 3rd Palace.

No major spoilers pls

You're not even halfway done.

Energy shower seems too important to discard tho -_____- Items that heal the status of your party are either rare or very expensive, so discarding it seems to be a bad idea >_<

Still undecided >_<

Don't you have a persona with that ability for the MC?

Toki767

Energy shower seems too important to discard tho -_____- Items that heal the status effects for your entire party are either rare or very expensive, so discarding it seems to be a bad idea >_<

Still undecided >_<

Energy Shower to cure Despair made it worth it alone.

Until Makoto gets hit with Despair anyway.

YaBish

I feel like I'm flying through this game. 37 hours in and on 8/13.

Maybe I need to take the game's advice and take my time.

Ulong

I just hit proficiency 3 on 9/24. Realistically is there any chance of getting it to 5 in time to social link with
Haru
without tanking every other Slink?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't you have a persona with that ability for the MC?

For some reason I don't seem to have one in my current roster of Personas, hahah, even after 66 hours of gameplay time. I guess since I always carry her to my battles anyways so I don't really make it a priority? I always focus my MC as the offensive caster with a variety of spells that the main party don't have /back-up HP healer of the group.

Anyways, which Persona(s) has the skill? Despair is the most bullshit status effect in this game so I should look into that.

Energy Shower to cure Despair made it worth it alone.

Until Makoto gets hit with Despair anyway.

That fourth main dungeon boss is such bullshit -__-

This is my first persona game and I've really enjoyed it so far.

It definitely is a major time sink though.

Gfyocd9.jpg

For some reason I don't seem to have one in my current roster of Personas, hahah, even after 66 hours of gameplay time. I guess since I always carry her to my battles anyways so I don't really make it a priority? I always focus my MC as the offensive caster with a variety of spells that the main party don't have /back-up HP healer of the group.

Anyways, which Persona(s) has the skill? Despair is the most bullshit status effect in this game so I should look into that.

By end game I was just managing and buffing up the party, that's the beauty that you can either be an offensive juggernaut or be conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom