• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgana is the equivalent to Navi, he can get really, really annoying.

image.php

Nah, Morgana is awesome.

Teddie was a mistake.

Menitta

5/7:

"For some reason, 'carts turning into buses' is an extremely widespread cognition among the general public."

0 words.

10/10. Best game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I kind of rushed through the game and I regret it. 94 hours well spent, but this is one of the rare games that completely captivated me from start to finish, and now I'm sad I won't ever get to experience it for the first time again. I can't remember the last time a game made me feel this way. It's like a good book. Games need to be more like books.

On that note, I can't believe it came out almost exactly a month after Breath of the Wild, which is an equally great game for completely opposite reasons. They both scratch totally different itches, and playing both so close to each other has been amazing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I believe they were referring to the interpersonal relationships between the individual SEES members. Moments like Yukari bonding with Mitsuru, Ken opening up to the rest of the group, Fuuka... being Fuuka.

Yeah pretty much. It's a lot more natural. Especially given the circumstances they were thrown into.

aravuus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Xn8wIUv1o

Almost 20 min version of this dope ass song.

Aww hell yeah

Thanks!

I kind of rushed through the game and I regret it. 94 hours well spent, but this is one of the rare games that completely captivated me from start to finish, and now I'm sad I won't ever get to experience it for the first time again. I can't remember the last time a game made me feel this way. It's like a good book. Games need to be more like books.

On that note, I can't believe it came out almost exactly a month after Breath of the Wild, which is an equally great game for completely opposite reasons. They both scratch totally different itches, and playing both so close to each other has been amazing.

Time for NG+ 100% run

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Time for NG+ 100% run
I'm not sure I can play such a huge game again so soon (although I did already start)

Also, huge spoilers.

HUGE SPOILERS. Do not read unless you are past November.

Morgana's love for pancakes is literally what defeated the villain.

k1t4j

Man i'm so glad my gf ended up buying this game, as she is a big persona fan. I played P4 on the Vita and... it it didn't grab me whatsoever. The first two supporting characters were annoying as hell as well.

This one though.... THIS ONE THOUGH...

The soundtrack is amazing, the story is fairly interesting, the whole premisse is badass, although after finishing the second palace I didn't feel the reason behind it to be as strong as the reason behind the first palace.

Anyways, 2 days in, lv 23 with 22h on the clock (thank you holidays) and every time I stop playing I want to get back in there for more.

Fantastic fucking game.

Morgana - "WOAH HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THIS DVD? YOU NEED TO GIVE IT BACK!"

FUCK YOU you stupid cat its your fault for forcing me to not do anything for an entire week at night

Jiraiza

Random but, with Makoto in my party thus far, I'm a little disappointed with Makoto and Yusuke's PERSONA scream. So far, MC, Ryuji, and Morgana have the ones with the most oomph to 'em in the Japanese dub. MC being the best, of course. As expected of Jun!

ramyeon

Morgana is so much better than Teddie. I'm not sure what they were thinking with Teddie, honestly couldn't stand him most of the time.

PK Gaming

I'm actually quite fond of Teddie (his character becomes much better once he
obtains a human body
, though Morgana is the better written character hands down.

Corpekata

Banned
I didn't care for him during his intro story but I think Yusuke might be my favorite character so far. He makes for surprisingly great comic relief. I find a lot humor in Japanese games doesn't translate well for me, but his sort of deadpan oddness is great.

Man i'm so glad my gf ended up buying this game, as she is a big persona fan. I played P4 on the Vita and... it it didn't grab me whatsoever. The first two supporting characters were annoying as hell as well.

This one though.... THIS ONE THOUGH...

The soundtrack is amazing, the story is fairly interesting, the whole premisse is badass, although after finishing the second palace I didn't feel the reason behind it to be as strong as the reason behind the first palace.

Anyways, 2 days in, lv 23 with 22h on the clock (thank you holidays) and every time I stop playing I want to get back in there for more.

Fantastic fucking game.
You're probably gonna go try 3 and 4 after finishing this one. I played 3 soon after I got done with 4. 4 didn't really hook me in the beginning either, the thing is now you know what the game's about so you'll be itching to try another persona experience.

SolVanderlyn

MTC100

Banned
Kamoshida sounding like a normal guy is pretty disappointing. His weird nasally voice in Japanese made him seem somewhat more monstrous.

I think his quite normal English voice fits very well too though, he is also very kind in his demeanor when there are lot's of people/other teachers around, because of that only few believe the "rumors" of him until he admits what he has done. Kawakami also states later in the game that she didn't knew anything about what he has done to his students and I don't think she lies there.

Rather large Life is Strange Spoiler(definitely play it through first, if you haven't already, and you should!):

This
guy
also had a totally normal voice acting and you would never have guessed that he's a
crazy psychopath
, I think the voice actor it fit the character as well as the English VA of Kamoshida.

The one thing I like about Morgana is that I can trash talk him endlessly during our conversations and I still get the !!!RANK UP!!!

Lol indeed.

But what I mostly hate about Morgana is not his restrictive advices, but his constantly in uptight behavior. He couldn't even take a joke most of the time.

Just chill, dude.

I didn't care for him during his intro story but I think Yusuke might be my favorite character so far. He makes for surprisingly great comic relief. I find a lot humor in Japanese games doesn't translate well for me, but his sort of deadpan oddness is great.

Yusuke is easily the best male character in the game, by far.

Confidant memento mission
I'm doing kawakami's memento mission and holy cow does pulinpa do wonders. confused the shadow Mr. takase and he's thrown away 50,000 yen.
and getting another 17,600 for finishing the battle.

ramyeon

Yeah he is definitely better than Teddie, hmm is this already a P5 spoiler, comparing him to Teddie? Oh well I guess we all knew what Mona was about after a few hours into the game anyway.
People are comparing him to Teddie as the game's "mascot" type character and nothing more.

Hylian7

Mementos:
I am in the first safe floor in the third section (unlocked after Madarame) and have yet to encounter this Reaper that they made such a big deal about. There were a few times I thought I heard chains, but then I realized it was some other sound or a tone in the music.

What exactly makes the Reaper appear? Is it actually beatable? I would think it is, especially since Red Shadows have been a total pushover to me.

Domstercool

You spoilerd me there, didn't expect the game to play THAT long, so I'm only have way through with having completed the
4th dungeon and
going to Hawaii
... But a few of the latter months will rush over I guess.
It's not spoiled really, the in game calendar shows all those months that are in those options.

You spoilerd me there, didn't expect the game to play THAT long, so I'm only have way through with having completed the
4th dungeon and
going to Hawaii
Some of the months listed may or may not be in the game. He just listed all 12.

aravuus

Alright Ryuji, with that perfectly timed f-bomb in the fourth dungeon! No effin' would've done that line justice.

He's obnoxious a lot of the time, but he definitely still gets his moments.

Mailbox

4th dungeon and
going to Hawaii
I'm still on dungeon 4. (stuck on one of the puzzles but i'll figure it out)
Anywho. Each persona game since 3 takes place over ~a year. (Persona 3 is a lil shorter because story reasons). And the game outright tells you "you are here and on probation for a year", so yeah :p

Either way, i wouldn't expect things to "rush over". I mean, unless you count doing your confidants as "rushing over".

LotusHD

Banned
Lmao, I ended up hanging out with Ryuji and Kawakami, and they both gave me... "Confidant Points" (I dunno what it's called)
when I referred to her as Master Kawakami for being such a pro at fishing.
The way they both reached to that line was hilarious, namely because I didn't even know you could get "points" from two people simultaneously.

Hikami

Mementos:
I am in the first safe floor in the third section (unlocked after Madarame) and have yet to encounter this Reaper that they made such a big deal about. There were a few times I thought I heard chains, but then I realized it was some other sound or a tone in the music.

What exactly makes the Reaper appear? Is it actually beatable? I would think it is, especially since Red Shadows have been a total pushover to me.

From what I've read,
it shows up if you stay longer than 5 minutes on a floor.
I've had him show up twice because I idled and forgot to pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom