• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gojeran

This is my first Persona game so I have a question about social links with the female cast. Does just raising my social link high enough cause me to date them? I'm hesitant to keep spending time with people because I don't want to get forced into a relationship. Or is it something else you have to opt into after a time? I don't understand how this works exactly.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't recall exactly but I think it's the level of the Persona more than Joker himself. When I did NG+ with this custom Arsene, I was doing pretty high damage for the level Joker was at most of the time but I also was keeping my Arsene maxed out in the stats I wanted as I played.

Apt Pupil raises crit chance? Then yeah, it should be possible. I had it on my Yoshitsune as I transferred it over from Futsunushi. I had a huge crit rate with the skill, something like 50-60% of all attacks I did with Joker was a crit.

Some skills cannot be transferred to other Personas. I tried to get Hassou Tobi onto Arsene but he couldn't learn it or it wasn't transferable to anyone.

Also, in regards to Yoshitsune, END GAME SPOILERS so don't click on this next link unless you've beaten the game or are on the last boss This is my favorite thing in my entire run of the game. I'm so glad I was streaming to catch this moment because it was amazing. It was all because of Yoshitsune too, lol.

ok, that was easier than i thought it would be

nHvGYHCl.jpg

Jiraiza

Shoot, feels like I should've gotten the Temperance SL up to rank 5 early in June or something, missing out on all these slacking off opportunities to increase my proficiency.

Currently on July 12.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is my first Persona game so I have a question about social links with the female cast. Does just raising my social link high enough cause me to date them? I'm hesitant to keep spending time with people because I don't want to get forced into a relationship. Or is it something else you have to opt into after a time? I don't understand how this works exactly.

Max rank, you choose to date or friendzone.

Exodust

Banned
Need help with something near the very end of the game, so I'll spoiler tag the question but please help if you beat it:

I know I'm supposed do something with Igor to get the true ending, but so far I'm not sure if I'm doing exactly as I should. And It's not clear to me whether the trigger is in the velvet room the night before I head in to mementos or if it's somewhere in the final dungeon.

So what am I supposed to do exactly? I talked to him in the velvet room and he got awfully pissy with "ruin is nigh" shit. Is that the right path? Also I've been rotating saves so it's easy for me to go back and change it for the true ending if need be.

silva1991

Honestly Helel not being in this game is really annoying me

Was always my favorite ultimate persona

tumblr_inline_mwydl0sUPG1qhrpyu.jpg

at least he should be available as a DLC.

ok, that was easier than i thought it would be

nHvGYHCl.jpg
OP as fucc
Need help with something near the very end of the game, so I'll spoiler tag the question but please help if you beat it:

I know I'm supposed do something with Igor to get the true ending, but so far I'm not sure if I'm doing exactly as I should. And It's not clear to me whether the trigger is in the velvet room the night before I head in to mementos or if it's somewhere in the final dungeon.

So what am I supposed to do exactly? I talked to him in the velvet room and he got awfully pissy with "ruin is nigh" shit. Is that the right path? Also I've been rotating saves so it's easy for me to go back and change it for the true ending if need be.
You choose the common sense reply.

Just keep playing. It's literally
just a dialogue choice that determines your ending.

aravuus

Someone's gotta have a 30-min extended version of the dungeon 4 music, right? Or an hour? Ten hours?

I want this song to play in the background for the rest of my week

Dany

Banned
Persona 5 is better because you can just go to the map, press square on any location with a tarot card, and the game will tell you which Confidants are at that location and if they're ready to level up. You don't need to walk anywhere.

HOLY SHIT

God I suck at negotiations. What constitutes as a vague answer? I never know which one is considered vague.

I have a secret for recruiting Demons. I never negotiate with them. Since I know I'm going to be hours in each dungeon I get my level up.

Then......

I beat the fuck out of them. I beat them so bad that they beg for their lives. I tell them to join and they join without negotiations while thanking me.

I don't use magic or my gun. I even bring Ryoji with me so that they feel extra disrespected when he kicks them.

Speaking of Ryoji...

He's no Junpei which is sad because Ryoji started off great. Junpei is still my boy.

Ugh...this game sometimes. Just did the boss fight when
you first get Yusuke
and I had to repeat it twice because the boss could one shot any character, and randomly chose the protagonist.

The protagonist KO = death rule is soooo dumb/illogical.

HOLY SHIT

They tell you about the tarot card thing at the start of the game when you first get free reign to actually move anywhere....so maybe not the start.

Antiwhippy

One really irrational thing about the music in this game is that I feel like the all out attack syncs better when the battle music reaches the "You never see it COMIIIIIIIING" part but most of the time I'm wiping them out before that.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
anyone got pic of haru's evolved persona? shes the only one i couldnt get cuz she shows up so damn late

also her awakening
why was she not doing the mask ripping like everyone else?

PK Gaming

Ryuji's Bad Beat skill (Medium Phys, low Despair chance) skill basically carried me when everyone ran dry towards the end of the 3rd dungeon. Crazy handy against those obnoxious 0 weakness demons.

His combat effectiveness just keeps getting better and better.

CmdBash

Is it me or is the sun arcana's ability completely op? You can get so much yen from it, sorta breaks the game a bit from what I can see.

FluxWaveZ

anyone got pic of haru's evolved persona? shes the only one i couldnt get cuz she shows up so damn late

also her awakening

Might be because
it wasn't a "true awakening." She had already experienced one, off-screen, when she came to Morgana's rescue. I guess the excuse was that her convictions weren't fully cemented, so her persona was still too weak and without a true physical form. So what was happening there was essentially her rebellious nature fully manifesting itself, instead of partially.

??they evolve? I gotta get outta here

It's not really a spoiler. It's a Persona thing and it's optional.

also her awakening

Maybe because
she's already done that in front of Morgana while they're in a separate group in the other day.

Yusuke and Futaba are hilarious. I totally ship them.

Oh, totally.

Antiwhippy

The cast mesh so well together. Better than P3, which was mostly MC, Junpei, and Yukari.

Eh, I feel like it's mostly the point. If anything I like how they developed how SEES starts to develop relationships over time instead of everyone being BFFs instantly.

Zolo

Got 200k off the mementos boss from the thief group. Decided to stop there since I didn't want to use up all my sp-restoring items, and I figure that'll last me until the next time I go in fairly easily.

aravuus

Is it me or is the sun arcana's ability completely op? You can get so much yen from it, sorta breaks the game a bit from what I can see.

The one that gives you the ability to ask money over and over again? I wouldn't say break, but it is pretty goddamn good. Unless it's a real strong enemy, I always ask until they get pissed off.

Finally made myself look up the lyrics after hours of thinking the chorus to "Beneath the Mask" went "I'm a chef, chef, too / That bow is suede"
It's actually "I'm a shape shifter / At Poe's masquerade" but I'm sure everyone could hear it but me :|

MTC100

Banned
Persona 5 brought me out of that dark hole and shown me the light.
Best JRPG I've played in a while. Everything about this game frigging amazing.
Not only is the gameplay, its like I'm also watching very long interesting anime.

They really nailed that part, yes.
Persona 5 has stolen my heart. This and Breath of the Wild are now at the very top for me.

To think both were actually last gen titles and released within a month is quite insane too ^^
I guess my only problem with the game is that
FUCK YOU MORGANA YOU STUPID CAT, I SWEAR I'LL THROW YOU AND YOUR SLEEP FETISH OUT THE WINDOW. LET ME DO WHAT I WANT!!!11

Morgana is the equivalent to Navi, he can get really, really annoying.

PK Gaming

I never felt that the MC was close with Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Ken at the end.

I believe they were referring to the interpersonal relationships between the individual SEES members. Moments like Yukari bonding with Mitsuru, Ken opening up to the rest of the group, Fuuka... being Fuuka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom