• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I like about Morgana is that I can trash talk him endlessly during our conversations and I still get the !!!RANK UP!!!
Just shows how much Morgana trusts you man. And everybody talks shit in the game anyway. Makes the Thieves way more realistic for me.
Morgana is the best. I need a morgana figure for my desk at work. I haven't gotten far though and just met "him", It was love at first sight.
Try playing with the Japanese VA DLC to hear the most adorable cat mascot voice ever. It's amazing.

Mailbox

Mementos:
I am in the first safe floor in the third section (unlocked after Madarame) and have yet to encounter this Reaper that they made such a big deal about. There were a few times I thought I heard chains, but then I realized it was some other sound or a tone in the music.

What exactly makes the Reaper appear? Is it actually beatable? I would think it is, especially since Red Shadows have been a total pushover to me.

Like in past persona games:
Its a deterrent so you don't dawdle. its based on the amount of time you spend on a given floor. That said, if its anything like past games,
its totally defeatable. But it'll be super hard (and all the bad memories of reaper fights appear before me! )

Lmao, I ended up hanging out with Ryuji and Kawakami, and they both gave me... "Confidant Points" (I dunno what it's called)
when I referred to her as Master Kawakami for being such a pro at fishing.
The way they both reached to that line was hilarious, namely because I didn't even know you could get "points" from two people simultaneously.

persona 4 and 5 so far have so many small moments that are so funny. For a game that deals with some darker subjects I can't think of many other games that do humor as well as this series.

regarding the spoiler tag
Kawakami's glare made me laugh a bit too loud late at night.

Shouta

Lmao, I ended up hanging out with Ryuji and Kawakami, and they both gave me... "Confidant Points" (I dunno what it's called)
when I referred to her as Master Kawakami for being such a pro at fishing.
The way they both reached to that line was hilarious, namely because I didn't even know you could get "points" from two people simultaneously.

This is one of the best additions to the game, IMO. It also explains why no one ever talks about certain things, because they don't know Joker be interacting with this many people, lol.

bryt

Anyone know what the song name is after you beat
Shadow Okumura
? It kinda sounds like a piano version of Blooming Villain.

MTC100

Banned
Some of the months listed may or may not be in the game. He just listed all 12.

True I got confused because the order he listed them was following the game order you play them. I don't think the game will take until march but who knows, I don't even remember what the last month in P4 was. (If you look at the results though, then you're likely spoiled as to what the last month may be anyway ^^)

remz

persona 4 and 5 so far have so many small moments that are so funny. For a game that deals with some darker subjects I can't think of many other games that do humor as well as this series.

regarding the spoiler tag
Kawakami's glare made me laugh a bit too loud late at night.

SAME it was seriously one of my fav interactions. As soon as I saw it I had to go for it

Sölf

Okay, I need some help. I am at the start of the 4th palace, but I am still on the second (or, well, first) Fusion request. I really would like to get that out of the way, but I don't really know how. They want a Shiisaa with Frei. Basically, I have a few questions:

- Is there a specific enemy I could get a Frei Skillcard from? If so, which one would that be? I rarely used the item option and only got a Mudo and one other Skilcard so far.
- At which Confidant level can
Yusuke
start to just create Skillcards (if that is even possible)? I only have level 2 at the moment which only let's me copy existing ones onto blanks.
- Is there a specific fusion combination I could use to give Shiisaa the Frei skill?

Corpekata

Banned
Sölf;233779681 said:
Okay, I need some help. I am at the start of the 4th palace, but I am still on the second (or, well, first) Fusion request. I really would like to get that out of the way, but I don't really know how. They want a Shiisaa with Frei. Basically, I have a few questions:

- Is there a specific enemy I could get a Frei Skillcard from? If so, which one would that be? I rarely used the item option and only got a Mudo and one other Skilcard so far.
Yusuke
start to just create Skillcards (if that is even possible)? I only have level 2 at the moment which only let's me copy existing ones onto blanks.
- Is there a specific fusion combination I could use to give Shiisaa the Frei skill?

Not sure about what the combo was but yeah, it was a simple fusion for me. It only started getting tough around the 4th or 5th one.

So yeah I'd just look into normal fusions for shiisaa, one of the combos has frei very early on.

bryt

Sölf;233779681 said:

Yusuke

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-set/cid=UP2611-CUSA05877_00-ADDCONTENT000021

Download this. It comes with a Frei skill card.

Sölf

Not sure about what the combo was but yeah, it was a simple fusion for me. It only started getting tough around the 4th or 5th one.

So yeah I'd just look into normal fusions for shiisaa, one of the combos has frei very early on.

Is there actually a way to look up fusion options instead of, well, buying older personas and look which become Shiisaa? But anyways...

Okay, I will be lazy and just do that then. xD

Dragner

Good morning.

Daily friendly reminder to the new players. Focus on the Temperance S.Link first. It makes your life easier and you will enjoy the game much more with it maxed.

Also
Becky is love. Becky is life.

Steel book in limited supplies? Tried EB and they were sold out which is a first for me.

I'm tempted to just go digital. I have $16 in my account that I just found it.

So I'm starting September and I still haven't started the politician confidant somehow. Is this worth making a priority. I feel like all the ones I want to do are at night and feel like there are mostly no links during the day.

K.Sabot

I love how they made the non-teammate social links actually as important (or more even) as teammate SLs.

Only complaint I have about this game is that there are too many SLs that are based on story progress.

Ulong

A little frustrating to have a party members social link gated by me not being able to get deep enough into mementos yet.

So I'm starting September and I still haven't started the politician confidant somehow. Is this worth making a priority. I feel like all the ones I want to do are at night and feel like there are mostly no links during the day.

You can fuse any persona regardless of your level, how does that sound to you?

Every time the deadline hits and I get tossed into 20 days of "You're going to the movies with your friends tomorrow, we should go to sleep" my motivation gets drained. :p

Be real, which one of y'all spent $6+ on the dlc outfits?

I have yet to be enticed by cosmetic DLC from any game, especially at some of these prices companies are charging. I MIGHT have gone for it if they did actual costumes from the main characters instead of school uniforms.

Damn. I messed up. Thanks.

What the fuck. Seriously?!

Goddamn it, I knew I should've mainlined that fucker asap.

Wait, just in case I was mistaken.

I think it's not actually for fusing Personas in velvet room, but for forming contracts with wild Shadows. Here's my phone capture from the other day, I haven't tried it myself tbh, too busy with non-stop events and activities.
17880591_10208826010191509_4245972976290418009_o.jpg

Plum

It's been a week since launch and only now do I feel like I've got the time to start playing this proper. Been a long time coming, can't wait!

Yu Narukami

I think it's not actually for fusing Personas in velvet room, but for forming contracts with wild Shadows. Here's my phone capture from the other day, I haven't tried it myself tbh.
Yeah the fusion from any level is from the Strength arcana.

aravuus

I think it's not actually for fusing Personas in velvet room, but for forming contracts with wild Shadows. Here's my phone capture from the other day, I haven't tried it myself tbh, too busy with non-stop events and activities.

Ohhh yeah alright, I thought that'd be a bit too strong a perk from a random SLink lol.

Not that being able to make contracts with high-level personas is a bad perk either.

Makes sense you'd get it from Strength, considering you'll probably be super high level when you do that anyway.

Chaos17

Good morning.

Daily friendly reminder to the new players. Focus on the Temperance S.Link first. It makes your life easier and you will enjoy the game much more with it maxed.

Also
Becky is love. Becky is life.

Don't need to be maxed, I just got her to the rank where she can brew or cook and that's enough for me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Heard Beneath the Mask for the first time ~14 hours in and I had to put the controller down for a few minutes to enjoy the vocals.

The OST is sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom