• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Pa

4th dungeon clear. That was really, really good. The dungeon boss was too gimmicky and uneventful, but the drama around it was pretty well done and exciting, plus the mini-bosses were all fun so it's fine.

Regarding our new member...
Futaba is hilarious so far haha. I thought she was gonna be annoying but I like her humor. I thought Yusuke alone was amusing, but these two together are insane lol.

... Were the tentacles there really necessary though? I'll pretend they're there because she's a squid, yeah.

It's 8/26 and Social links are going smoothly too, I got Death to rank 7, Temperance 8, Moon 7 and Sun 9. The rest are all either 5 or 6. Summer vacation was super productive. Still, it's crazy that I'm already 70 hours in.

But anyway, we're going to the beach next, so I'm expecting the absolute worst, you know, tradition.

Don't need to be maxed, I just got her to the rank where she can brew or cook and that's enough for me.

Doesn't her rank 10 ability solve the complaint that has taken the most pages out of this thread? Haha.

Dragner

Don't need to be maxed, I just got her to the rank where she can brew or cook and that's enough for me.

If thats enough for you. I find the level 10 skill being totally bonkers and worth investing. It makes mementos grinding and failing on palaces less punishing since you get extra free time.

Opa-Pa

I'm guessing it needs to be Becky's work days to get her to help me out right

You have to attempt to do the chore you want her to do at night and Morgana will ask you if you want to call Becky to do it instead. It can be any day, but it has to be evening.

Yeah the fusion from any level is from the Strength arcana.

Ohhh yeah alright, I thought that'd be a bit too strong a perk from a random SLink lol.

Not that being able to make contracts with high-level personas is a bad perk either.

Makes sense you'd get it from Strength, considering you'll probably be super high level when you do that anyway.

Yeah, they're totally different things. And it would be too easy for that perk unlocked by Sun.

Anyway, does anyone know the purpose of this cabinet besides MC's bed?

468px-Screenshot_%28226%29.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, they're totally different things. And it would be too easy for that perk unlocked by Sun.

Anyway, does anyone know the purpose of this cabinet besides MC's bed?

468px-Screenshot_%28226%29.png

You get stuff to decorate your room with on the shelves.

I have a ramen bowl display on it.

And I have a chocolate fondue fountain in between my plant and Rise poster.

My room is fucking weird.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You get stuff to decorate your room with on the shelves.

I have a ramen bowl display on it.

And I have a chocolate fondue fountain in between my plant a rise poster.

My room is fucking weird.

You do not have the
Jack Frost doll
from
the Akihabara arcade
? (minor location spoiler early September)

Dragner

Yeah but I've been able to do it like once in two months lol. However I unlocked another ability that supposedly enables it
with all teachers
, but I got it right before vacation.

Yeah is like they designed the skill and then decided it was too broken and nerfed it to oblivion. Or it has a % of happening and is super low or Im the unluckiest guy in earth since I have max temperance since forever. And that rank as soon as you can get it.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Does anyone know of a spoiler-free link to the soundtrack somewhere? I want to listen to some of the tracks without putting myself at risk of Youtube related videos or comments spoiling me on the story/lategame (only finished the 2nd palace at this point).

You guys have some general tips for the 5th palace? What kind of Persona's should I bring/party members? Guess Haru is a good one?

Got wrecked yesterday :-(

Playing on normal.

yagal

Hello Persona Gaf. I have a question for you

How hard is the Hard mode?
I'm in the first palace tower and after few one-shot I'm not that I want to continue with hard.
My only experience with the serie is P4 on normal

And tips?

Dragner

You guys have some general tips for the 5th palace? What kind of Persona's should I bring/party members? Guess Haru is a good one?

Playing on normal.

There are some good psi personas you can fuse. I used Ryuji Morgana and Ann then benched Haru (since no S.L. yet)

Chaos17

Playing on normal.

Elephant is horrible but when you curse it with despair it's a piece of cake. Find a statue alignment that you can use on it if you don't I strongly advice you to fuse a persona who has one because freeze or thunder shock don't always work.

Wow, the
Buffet
eavesdropping after the first Palace.

Atlus's criticism of Japan's social issues is seriously biting here. I actually came out of that genuinely disgusted at how a bunch of Bourgeois reduce
Pedophilia
to
"Meh, Prole problems."

Man, I was told that this game was going to have a lot of Atlus taking a sledgehammer to their culture's byzantine problems, but damn son, "a sledgehammer" seems like an understatement so far.

I mean, I guess decadent capitalism isn't exactly unique to Japan, but still.

Mendrox

Playing on normal.

Makoto+Haru+Ann+MC with bless damage skill for the elephant

These three wreck everything in that dungeons. Easiest dungeon in the whole game imo.

Playing on normal.

I don't use Haru at all in the palace, as I have Joker as my main Psy user.

I mainly use Queen for her Nuclear attacks, Skull for Lightning, and Mona for Wind and healing.

Opa-Pa

Hello Persona Gaf. I have a question for you

How hard is the Hard mode?
I'm in the first palace tower and after few one-shot I'm not that I want to continue with hard.
My only experience with the serie is P4 on normal

And tips?

You get used to it, it's pretty manageable. Basically if you take too long with enemies it can get ugly because they hit very hard. Also if you get ambushed there's like a 80% chance you're screwed.

Basically always go for the ambush, don't skip too many battles, fuse personas constantly and always buy new armor equipment and you should be fine. However if you don't have much experience it's better to just stick to normal, I think it's a decent enough challenge for the most part.

Christmas Eve spoilers
Another fucking dungeon? Please tell me it's gonna be short, after the last one I just don't have faith this will be fun at all.

Spman2099

I went to buy the Persona 4 DLC pack today... but I couldn't get past the sticker shock. I don't know what they are thinking with these prices.

I am still tentatively planning to purchase the Persona 1 DLC pack, but that price tag is a hurdle I may not be able to push myself past. If these had been half of the price they currently are, I would have purchased all of them. As is, they are lucky if they get one DLC purchase out of me. Dumb pricing, Atlus. Just dumb.

Only issue with music is it feels like they reuse some tracks too much. The organ one in particular. But the finishing a dungeon music is so good you cant knock it.

Maxed out the teacher confidant... I enjoy this game too much.

ooteeni

My Kid's were just watching I think a newish episode of Scooby Doo where they enter a dream like world that has good parts of some of the people in the town in it, while their real selves are off being bad. The cartoon and the dream world itself was very similar in artistic style to this game.
Now when I think back to Persona 4 golden I kind get Scooby Doo vibes from that too.

Probably all in my head but I Thought I would share.

kromeo

My Kid's where just watching I think a newish episode of Scooby Doo where they enter a dream like world that has good parts of some of the people in the town in it, while their real selves are off being bad. The cartoon and the dream world itself was very similar in artistic style to this game.
Now when I think back to Persona 4 golden I kind get Scooby Doo vibes from that too.

Probably all in my head but I Thought I would share.

Nah it's not just you

p4grouphbvitawallpapehksu4.jpg

Chaos17

So, I've already decided this is my GOTY and I can't imagine any other game taking it's place.

For me it's Zelda, you can't beat that freedom that I want so badly in Persona 5 and no handholding.
Fack the handholding in P5, they didn't need to make Morgana do it so much.

aravuus

So, I've already decided this is my GOTY and I can't imagine any other game taking it's place.

Pretty much. It's modern Persona. It has its fair share of flaws, but goddamn do I love it.

Lots of amazing games this year, like Yakuza 0, Nier and Tales of Berseria, but there's just no beating Persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom