• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn. I usually hate special editions of all shapes and sizes.

But this game is hitting me in such a way that I am kicking myself for not going with the ultimate edition with the artbook.
At least I have one of the best looking steelbooks to add to my collection.

If it's any consolation I got the JP collectors mostly for the music and it's honestly just ok.

Not someone that gets every CE for every game but I got a couple during the years most of them I regret(Like the Diablo 3 or God of War warchest one lol). Not even because of the price just because the gimmicks stuff packed in is usually whatever.

Assuming the EN CE isn't that different the best thing about it is just the music collection although there are a lot of great tracks missing from it. I don't regret it cause it gets a lot of use while driving given that my car only has a cd player but I also def could have lived without getting it.

I think the 1 single CE I'm still in love with is the Ni no Kuni one. I love that magicians book.

TLDR: In my humble opinion nobody is missing out without the CE for P5 :-x

Jintor

Dude's just chilling downstairs. You can do whatever you want.

I like hanging with Yusuke though.

dude comes over to my house i'm not gonna not watch dvds with him. but dude if we went to the park you could level up and give me a new ability or some shit.

i levelled charm off him though so it was worth it.

do i need to pull out a Sun persona to chill with Sun, or is it one of those 'just turn up' s-links?

Roussow

12 Slots doesn't seem like enough, at least not enough to keep enough personas of varying Arcana's, and fuse so that you have one of each elemental type, and go for dope high end cool looking stuff. How crutial is it to have the appropriate Confidant Persona on your person at all times? Would you just suggest prioritizing a select few Confidants to utilize the passive Persona buff from? I guess I could abuse the Registry before spending time with people, but it's a bit too much fucking about, my playthrough is long enough as is. I feel like I'm wasting my slots if I have more than one of the same Arcana type.

Maybe I'll have enough time to do most Confidant chains anyway, I feel like I've done well with my 5 pointed star skill points up through to the very first entry of Palace 5 (4,4,4,4,3)

dude comes over to my house i'm not gonna not watch dvds with him. but dude if we went to the park you could level up and give me a new ability or some shit.

i levelled charm off him though so it was worth it.

do i need to pull out a Sun persona to chill with Sun, or is it one of those 'just turn up' s-links?

I think it's the latter, I got 10 with him first out of everyone by the 5th palace, never had a Sun persona. That's Yoshida right?

Jintor

ryuuji thinks we're this kind of phantom tho

be37e91751e2de2d5c653f697931eded.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
12 Slots doesn't seem like enough, at least not enough to keep enough personas of varying Arcana's, and fuse so that you have one of each elemental type, and go for dope high end cool looking stuff. How crutial is it to have the appropriate Confidant Persona on your person at all times? Would you just suggest prioritizing a select few Confidants to utilize the passive Persona buff from? I guess I could abuse the Registry before spending time with people, but it's a bit too much fucking about, my playthrough is long enough as is. I feel like I'm wasting my slots if I have more than one of the same Arcana type.

Maybe I'll have enough time to do most Confidant chains anyway, I feel like I've done well with my 5 pointed star skill points up through to the very first entry of Palace 5 (4,4,4,4,3)

I think it's the latter, I got 10 with him first out of everyone by the 5th palace, never had a Sun persona. That's Yoshida right?

I think it basically just gives +1 to the notes you get. So an answer that gets you 3 would be 2 without the persona. So it adds up, but it depends how strictly you're going after it all I suppose.

I try to keep a slot open to buyback the cheapest persona of each type but there's a few I still don't have and I've still been raising bonds pretty quickly.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's not insignificant but then it's a bit hard to really make a super accurate guess considering you could maybe make a up a lot of the points you're missing out on with abusing the fortune link perk.

Ignoring it though my gut would say you can probably save around 2 weeks of free time(cause missing that 1 note often can mean you're not instantly progressing to the next stage) making sure the Persona advantage is always there. Also I def would try to plan ahead because if you're just changing up Confidants all the time it does get too much with keeping always the necessary Persona on hand.

12 slots have been pretty ok to basically always be covered for an entire month of Confidant activity for me.

Dragner

He wants to be Ironman when he needs to be Batman.

Someone is gonna get Jason Todded... and that someone is the MC in the prologue =_=

Is funny when they (post palace 4 spoilers)
ask futaba how she knew they were the phantom thieves...the true question is how nobody else noticed since Ryuji goes yelling it everywhere

Roussow

I think it basically just gives +1 to the notes you get. So an answer that gets you 3 would be 2 without the persona. So it adds up, but it depends how strictly you're going after it all I suppose.

I try to keep a slot open to buyback the cheapest persona of each type but there's a few I still don't have and I've still been raising bonds pretty quickly.

Cheers, if I take advantage of gift giving appropriately, it's probably not super necessary either, I think it's only Kawakami that I've had to put frequent time into without progressing Bonds. There's a lot of ways to take advantage of the system to get the most out of it, I shouldn't be stressing so much, at least not until exams.

graywolf323

He wants to be Ironman when he needs to be Batman.

Pretty much this, I'm into September now and I still intensely dislike Ryuji

there was a scene in August, I forget what, where he was like
"I don't need to be told twice" about being quiet and it's like yes, yes you do, in fact even twice isn't enough
>_<

Hoo-doo

Banned
(very early september spoilers, minor)

Man, if
Ryuji
keeps dissin'
Morgana
just because
Futaba
joined the squad i'm going to have to revoke his damn membership.
What the hell dude. You're not dissing
my furry friend
like that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is ryuji pretty much the most hated main bro? I still hate yosuke the most but it seems that way.

Junpei still the truest bro.

Dragner

(very early september spoilers, minor)

Man, if
Ryuji
keeps dissin'
Morgana
just because
Futaba
joined the squad i'm going to have to revoke his damn membership.
What the hell dude. You're not dissing
my furry friend
like that.

It gets worse, you will see mid september...

Thud

Yosuke is a real clown. Your first encounter is him in a dumpster. He tries a bit too hard to be cool.

Junpei while stupid develops a lot in the story. Him turning out to be a baseball coach in Ultimax makes a lot of sense. His smile is also endearing, you can't hate the dude.

MTC100

Banned
so wait, you can romance every single female confidant link in this game? (at least it looks that way Judging by the options you have with kawakami) -maybe Futaba not I guess, I'm not far enough to tell. I guess in japan it's okay to have a 30+ year old girlfriend when you're just 16 xD

Palace 6:

Of course. Now that I am the goddamned master of SP, they kick me out when I could have easily done the entire thing in one shot.

Thankfully I have Kawakami maxed and they let me go back in the same day as the trial, so I didn't really lose anything besides a day. All the same, boo. Boo!

Also, this music tho.

Futaba's Palace is still the best dungeon track in the game so far.

Mendrox

so wait, you can romance every single female confidant link in this game? (at least it looks that way Judging by the options you have with kawakami) -maybe Futaba not I guess, I'm not far enough to tell. I guess in japan it's okay to have a 30+ year old girlfriend when you're just 16 xD

Yes except for
The Twins and Sae
you can date every girl. The teacher relationship even goes more into it how they do that including future scenes on the beach and all.

Thud

I would drop them all for Yoshida if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom