• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh you can have more than one memento up, cool. I had one for ages that I just didnt have a chance to do and just got another so I assumed the other one was gone but its still there in the list. Can you do multiples in the same run then?

Philippo

On 3rd Palace now, is there really no place where i can buy SP items? 2nd Palace was manageable, but this one i'm running low after just one floor.

Also, the music here is amazing.

Thud

I find it amazing that my fiance (knows little to nothing about Persona or SMT, much less would play them) was enjoying watching me play this game because she's invested in the story. She's out of town right now and asking me what is happening where I'm at.

Cool stuff. Maybe you should keep playing it together :p.

daveo42

Banned
oh you can have more than one memento up, cool. I had one for ages that I just didnt have a chance to do and just got another so I assumed the other one was gone but its still there in the list. Can you do multiples in the same run then?

Yes. I'm in the middle of a run with seven. Someone in here earlier had nine they did. Just an FYI
some confidants require you to clear a Mementos mission prior to advancing their rank or even unlock some new confidants.
Examples:
Fortune and Tower are unlocked this way, while Temperance and Death have missions late in their confidant chains.

Ydelnae

On 3rd Palace now, is there really no place where i can buy SP items? 2nd Palace was manageable, but this one i'm running low after just one floor.

Boost up the Death social link and/or later the Temperance&Hermot and SP will never be a problem again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hate Morgana

But I need him in the party so.... :/

Astral

When do you unlock the Devil confidant? I ran out of ways to raise my charm besides the bathhouse. I think Sun also raises it but I only just started it.

Ydelnae

I'm entering september, have almost every confidant at +5 (still missing three of the eighteen Arcanas due to story reasons I think) and every stat at 4.

Is there a chance I'm able to complete every confidant and stat before the game ends? I losing hope.

Arkeband

Banned
Yeah, they definitely need to patch in a toggle to reduce the amount of battle chatter.

Whoooooaaa! Looking good, Joker!

KILL ME

Weebos

Banned
Lategame question

Are there any other fun/downtime events other than Valentine's Day after December and before the end of the game?

MTC100

Banned
Spoilers for July
Lol, Futaba has been "asleep" for like two weeks but according to Sojiro, that's just a thing she does sometimes! Yeah, it's called a coma...
Some of the writing in this game is the best I've seen in a Persona game but certain elements are... problematic. It's really uneven.

It's been even more hilarious for me as
she
was fast "asleep" for 3 weeks straight -or 21 days...

FluxWaveZ

Lategame question

Are there any other fun/downtime events other than Valentine's Day after December and before the end of the game?

Sure. If you really want to know the structure:

(END GAME SPOILERS):
the supernatural conflict ends in December. The rest of the game happens in real life, and could be said to be an epilogue.

Weebos

Banned
Sure. If you really want to know the structure:

(END GAME SPOILERS):
the supernatural conflict ends in December. The rest of the game happens in real life, and could be said to be an epilogue.

Ah, cool, thanks for the info, exactly what I wanted to know.

Hylian7

Yeah, they definitely need to patch in a toggle to reduce the amount of battle chatter.

KILL ME

IT'S ALMOST SCARY HOW GOOD I AM

Way to go Joker you fucking dumb piece of shit you missed again.

daveo42

Banned
It's been even more hilarious for me as
she
was fast "asleep" for 3 weeks straight -or 21 days...

Yeah, I had the same issue. Was expecting
she'd finish off @medjed after the dungeon and then disappear for a few weeks
but nah...I need to sleep for a few weeks and then I'll get to that "pressing" matter.

8/29
Ugh, that
beach
scene...
Was done better in Persona 3 and man, I feel like the writing has severely regressed since then when it comes to certain subject matters.
I'm being a bit negative, I still love the game, but certain elements really stick out.

Got some extra time today so I dragged myself through the 5th palace. End boss spoilers:

ffs, happy I finally made it, now I have to run towards the boss, on a time limit and making sure you don't get ambushed. Screw this palace. The boss fight better be cool.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
8/29
Ugh, that
beach
scene...
Was done better in Persona 3 and man, I feel like the writing has severely regressed since then when it comes to certain subject matters.
I'm being a bit negative, I still love the game, but certain elements really stick out.

I feel like the writing of P4 is still better than this game. :/

But as an overall game, I still like P5 better.

Weebos

Banned
Got some extra time today so I dragged myself through the 5th palace. End boss spoilers:

ffs, happy I finally made it, now I have to run towards the boss, on a time limit and making sure you don't get ambushed. Screw this palace. The boss fight better be cool.

I used one of those stealth tools, don't forget you have them (if you made any).

zelhawks37

Ditch Ryuji for Yusuke.

Thank me later.

I did. 100KM away from home. It was flawless.
It's one of the best games to remote-play out there.

Ryuji has been great so far though. :( (fourth palace spoilers)
except against the fourth palace boss. Fuck that wind attack.

partime

Man that first dungeon is kicking my ass. I shouldn't have spend so much time out & about. I only have a few days left and I'm half way through.

Dragner

Man that first dungeon is kicking my ass. I shouldn't have spend so much time out & about. I only have a few days left and I'm half way through.

Dungeon 1 is tough for everybody since your personas are underleveled and you have so low SP. I needed 3 attempts to make a safe route. Now I do dungeons in 1 day.

muteki

Vending machines in school courtyard, shibuya arcade, outside bath house have drinks that offer small SP gains for relatively little money, but they only restock once a week though.

That, and the items that unlock from the Death confidant are your best bets.

MTC100

Banned
Yeah, I had the same issue. Was expecting
she'd finish off @medjed after the dungeon and then disappear for a few weeks
but nah...I need to sleep for a few weeks and then I'll get to that "pressing" matter.

Whats so funny about it is, that the whole crew's worried what may happen with medjed until the last day, also implying from time to time that they should perhaps do something -but end up doing nothing at all 'till the deadline hits.

Dragner

Level the death Social link. She sells you SP accesorys early on that will help you A LOT. You might need a day or so of grinding mementos since they are expensive (unless you want to rank it to 7).

Logash

Who are you guys using for your main party? I've been using Ryuji, Yusuke and Makoto for most of my dungeon crawling and so far working out pretty well for me.

I swap out all characters in battle and I use which ever character I ended a previous palace to start the next palace. I started playing this way so that I wouldn't miss the Passionate Listener trophy but it turns out I enjoy this way of play so much better than sticking to a main line up. I feel like I have a much better flow in combat this way and the fact that you can swap party member in battle really helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom