• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6467

Reposting this since it got lost in the fray here and I'm starting to max out some of my confidants:

Is there any penalty for doing a romance option with all of the characters/more than one? I haven't gotten anybody to level 10 yet (I will soon...), but I want to see the romance scenes for everybody if possible.

No spoilers on specifics, just a simple yes or no - can you romance everybody without it blocking off others or having a gameplay penalty?

I'd like to see a solid answer on this too. From some stuff I read earlier it seems (no spoilers on specifics)
there's no actual gameplay penalties, and you can romance them all,
it just affects a cutscene at some point?

If someone could verify this or correct me I'd appreciate it!

pixxxelz

am I missing something or you cant replace personas? like, if I want a different one I have to fuse to get a free spot first, is that right? everytime I try to summon and im full it wont let me replace like when I negotiate for example.
No you can just delete them if you want, when one joins you and you don't have any space you can just move the cursor up or down with the d-pad and select the one you want to erase.

Chaos17

10/28 continue
Noo, dumb idiots! Don't you think it's too convenient how Akechi came to you, suggest you a plan to save you then to seal the deal you've to disband ? You're kidding me right ?

Weebos

Banned
am I missing something or you cant replace personas? like, if I want a different one I have to fuse to get a free spot first, is that right? everytime I try to summon and im full it wont let me replace like when I negotiate for example.

You get the ability to strengthen and
itemize
Personas at some point, that makes it easier to get rid of ones you don't want.

Totakeke

10/28 continue
Noo, dumb idiots! Don't you think it's too convenient how Akechi came to you, suggest you a plan to save you then to seal the deal you've to disband ? You're kidding me right ?

I think it's a pretty fair deal. What's the alternative? He has to turn you in.

Cathcart

Man, I don't care about streaming this game. I really don't. All I want is a ten hour loop of the evening music on a rainy night for sleeping to. If they hadn't blocked the whole game I'd just stream it to my YT channel and then play the archived video each night. But nooooo. Now I have to hook up AV equipment. Boo.

FluxWaveZ

10/28 continue

And what? Get turned in by him, go to jail and have the Phantom Thieves disbanded anyways?

Ourobolus

Banned
Hierophant:

Please tell me that after I get this fucker to Rank 4 it becomes easier to level. From 3-4 I've had to spend time with him like three times. I'm in September, too.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fuck, another stat wall blocking me from hanging out with the best character, Makoto

Just noticed my kindness and proficiency are at 2 lol. Should probably try and bring those up a bit too.

Which ones do you need so I can focus on them---she's my #1 social link I'm shooting for when I unlock it.

Astral

Who do I get in Palace 3? I want it to be
Futaba since I wanna meet her already but it looks like it's gonna be Makoto.

Chaos17

I think it's a pretty fair deal. What's the alternative? He has to turn you in.

Before making a deal always double check with whom you're making a dea withl. They had the alternative to investigate themselves, why didn't they considered to check if Akechi had a palace too ? Or a shadow in the Metaverse they could ask questiosn too ?

Heroes have the power to ask directly the heart of people and change it if they want and they didn't used that power here. They let Akechi lead them without really asking questions. That's what make me mad.

I would be the first to check the metaverse if the person had a shadow and go talk to it, lol

Weebos

Banned
One minor thing I wish they would do already (in early December):

Just take Sojiro and Sae into the Metaverse with Morgana already so they can talk to him.

Totakeke

Before making a deal always double check with whom you're making a dea withl. They had the alternative to investigate themselves, why didn't they considered to check if Akechi had a palace too ? Or a shadow in the Metaverse they could ask questiosn too ?

Heroes have the power to ask directly the heart of people and change it if they want and they didn't used that power here. They let Akechi lead them without really asking questions. That's what make me mad.

I would be the first to check the metaverse if the person had a shadow and go talk to it, lol

You sound evil if the first thing you want to do is to change the person's heart if they were in conflict with you. What questions do you want them to ask Akechi? He hasn't done anything wrong so far.

Weebos

Banned

I'm pretty sure this is mentioned by that character in the conversation you just had, but just in case I'm going to spoiler it and warn you:

Akechi has a Persona, so I don't think he can have a Palace or a Shadow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Temperance is one of the main ones I should focus on for gameplay right?

also, another sunday taken over by story...I just want to drink my juice game ;_;

daveo42

Banned
How does the Slack Off ability that Kawami gives you work? It doesn't seem to do anything

On certain school days she will let you do a handful of things, though I only saw it twice before summer vacation. May happen way more once you hit rank 5 and during the fall semester.

Neoweee

1) Is there any confirmation that PS4 Pro Boost Mode actually decreases load times? I haven't been able to find good sources. Load times seem pretty short with it on, but I'm too lazy to do thorough testing on my own.

2) I actually love the social stat blocks being more aggressive than they were in P3 and P4. It helps the game a lot for there to be significant benefits to spending early time building stats, while in previous games it always felt like stat-boosts were a fallback plan when S. Links weren't available.

3) Early opinon that may change: Merciless may be awful, but Hard mode is the best Hard mode in the Persona series, and possibly the SMT-series in general? That's a low bar to crawl over, but it avoids a lot of the frustrating stuff that other SMT difficulties have added or taken away, and has enough gameplay mechanics to fiddle with to help keep up.

Khoryos

Speaking of temperence:
how do I ask her to do my laundry and stuff? I got the ability unlocked.

Just go do laundry, and it'll ask if you want to call her. If you look at the tutorial you get when you unlock it, you can actually see in the image that that's how you do it.

Kindekuma

Banned
Finished the third palace, 95% percent explored before running out of SP and recovery items. So I had to explore the
4th lock
section a day later and then send the calling card which felt like a waste of time. Otherwise I have a ton of freetime now.

Gotta get my knowledge, charm, and guts up to start or continue some S.Links. I'm not slacking on 'em, but one S.L I want needs Knowledge at 4 and that takes the most points to upgrade.

Who are you guys using for your main party? I've been using Ryuji, Yusuke and Makoto for most of my dungeon crawling and so far working out pretty well for me.

Weebos

Banned
Who are you guys using for your main party? I've been using Ryuji, Yusuke and Makoto for most of my dungeon crawling and so far working out pretty well for me.

Makoto has been a mainstay, I've kind of been rotating others in and out. Ann was also a mainstay for a long time, but I've been swapping her out recently.

Haven't used Morgana much, but I'm tempted to. Dedicated healer + Lucky Punch are good options, but I haven't needed more healing than MC + Makoto.

Hylian7

I find it amazing that my fiance (knows little to nothing about Persona or SMT, much less would play them) was enjoying watching me play this game because she's invested in the story. She's out of town right now and asking me what is happening where I'm at.

Astral

I'm enjoying the story but I can't help but get annoyed once the deadline for a Palace is over because it means having a lot less freedom. I just wanna raise my social stats and confidants to be honest.

daveo42

Banned

Either the lowest level characters or whatever characters have the right skills to hit enemy weaknesses. Makoto and Yusuke are real great in boss fights for their damage output. Ann is good for minor debuff. Morgana for big heals when needed. Ryuji had been a mainstay for quite some time just because his Confidant Rank was real high.

Chaos17

Finished the intro of chapter 6, gonna take a break before continuing. I still prefer chapter 4 for now. It was a good mix of personal+main story.

Overall
I didn't liked how Akechi forced his way on the heroes, I know that the heroes wanted to use him but I knew it was gonna fail from the start. They were not enough prepared to question him, imo. Futaba could've digged some infos on him beforehand.
I hope that Makato will have a back up plan somehow to get back at Akechi wanting them to disband.

daveo42

Banned
If you haven't, you should do more of the Moon and Star Confidants.

I have and they are both super useful (Moon is sitting at 8 right now...finishing up mementos stuff to wrap that link up). I just want everyone to be the same level outside of the MC. Party Swap is a godsend during boss fights, but I don't use it as much in normal battles cause it eats a turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom