• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesharey

Bank
(4th I think?) dungeon is so long, I'm in
vaults
section, am I near the treasure?

Did that in one one, if the treasure is far then I'll have to return.

Why aren't the Second Awakening Personas for your teammates just fancier versions of their original Personas?

Why aren't they just fancier versions of the originals??

Ugh.

So salty about losing Captain Kidd.

Logash

Why aren't the Second Awakening Personas for your teammates just fancier versions of their original Personas?

Why aren't they just fancier versions of the originals??

Ugh.

So salty about losing Captain Kidd.

Literally the same feeling I got this morning after finishing up his s.link

nOoblet16

Finished dungeon 6, the boss was way too easy but dragged too much especially near the end. It's kind of annoying when games make you go through a boring and long boss battle and then when you are near the end they can suddenly OHK you out of nowhere.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RCEnDWZ.jpg[/IMG]

Makoto :O
Is this taken out of context or is it actually what it seems like it is? Lol

Logash

Finished dungeon 6, the boss was way too easy but dragged too much especially near the end. It's kind of annoying when games make you go through a boring and long boss battle and then when you are near the end they can suddenly OHK you out of nowhere.

Is this taken out of context or is it actually what it seems like it is? Lol

Out of context lol

4th Palace spoilers :
Damn, never expected a Persona game to almost drive me to tears. Playing in the Japanese dub and not usually a fan of Yuuki Aoi's stuff, but man, she absolutely NAILED Futaba's voice. A perfect blend of sadness, innocence, guilt, and depression. Futaba is easily the best performed character in the game and her performance is especially what made her Palace so special.

Also the enemies were super generous. Racked up almost 400,000 yen in "donations".

I love how this game is unapologetically Japanese. Minor 7/20 spoilers
Ryuji complaining that something is in English so Ann has to translate it. Where I'm playing North American version with English voices, all of this happens in English.

daveo42

Banned
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RCEnDWZ.jpg[/IMG]

Makoto :O

anigif_sub-buzz-31543-1491179702-2.gif

I didn't even think twice about it when I saw this in game...but man...

FluxWaveZ

11/21 spoiler question:
I'm still confused on the fake MC. How did they make it and the guard to fake out Akechi?

(MAJOR SPOILERS):
They didn't "make" them. Cognitive entities are one of the fundamental elements of the Metaverse, right to the beginning of the game with the cognitive Ann by Shadow Kamoshida's side. This is Sae's Palace, so naturally there would be a cognitive version of the protagonist and the guard, especially since she's aware of his imprisonment.

vkrili

11/21 spoiler question:
I'm still confused on the fake MC. How did they make it and the guard to fake out Akechi?

Big spoilers for 11/21:
When Sae leaves the room and shows the phone to Goro, Futaba activates the app and the both of them enter Sae's Palace. Remember that outside of the courthouse, the surrounding city was completely normal. According to Sae's cognition, Joker should be in the room and there should be a guard outside it; thus, there are. Goro kills Sae's cognitions. Throughout this entire segment, the real Joker was just sitting in the room in the real world and twiddling his thumbs.

(MAJOR SPOILERS):
They didn't "make" them. Cognitive entities are one of the fundamental elements of the Metaverse, right to the beginning of the game with the cognitive Ann by Shadow Kamoshida's side. This is Sae's Palace, so naturally there would be a cognitive version of the protagonist and the guard, especially since she's aware of his imprisonment.
Big spoilers for 11/21:
When Sae leaves the room and shows the phone to Goro, Futaba activates the app and the both of them enter Sae's Palace. Remember that outside of the courthouse, the surrounding city was completely normal. According to Sae's cognition, Joker should be in the room and there should be a guard outside it; thus, there are. Goro kills Sae's cognitions. Throughout this entire segment, the real Joker was just sitting in the room in the real world and twiddling his thumbs.
(MAJOR SPOILERS):
Ah thanks, that makes a lot more sense. I don't know where I go the idea of them making one when this was shown way earlier in the game.

Zafir

(MAJOR SPOILERS):
11/21 MAJOR SPOILERS
I'm pretty sure I remember a conversation before the events even happen between Makoto and Sae regarding how she'll be interrogating him, and where. That heavily implied to me that they knew he was going to get caught, or were counting on it. Plus it also shows why Sae would have that cognition.

Vlodril

although i played through 3 and 4 i dont remember so i thought to ask. i "executed" (thanks game for making me feel really bad every time i make a new persona) my original persona. is there a way to keep leveling it up with you? Or i have to constantly have new persona's?

11/21 MAJOR SPOILERS
I'm pretty sure I remember a conversation before the events even happen between Makoto and Sae regarding how she'll be interrogating him, and where. That heavily implied to me that they knew he was going to get caught, or were counting on it. Plus it also shows why Sae would have that cognition.
(MAJOR SPOILERS):
This part I knew. Everything made sense but I guess I got lost on the detail about the fake cognitive MC.

Wiseblood

So can anyone explain to me (Palace 5 spoilers)
how the fucking airlock maze works? Currently on NG+ and would rather not have to repeat my previous experience of randomly pulling levers until a path to the end opened up.

Astral

Lmao. We went from waifu wars to spoilers galore in an instant.

Nevertheless, I'd rather participate in my favorite discussion, #FuckRyuji.

Ryuji is getting pretty annoying. He's cool and funny sometimes but sometimes he's way too loud and I'm already tired of his "adults suck" mentality. I'm hoping the game kicks him in the nuts eventually when he realizes that anyone can be rotten, not just adults. I'm hoping that's what the game is going for. No spoilers please, a yes or no would suffice, does the game touch that at all?

Lmao. We went from waifu wars to spoilers galore in an instant.

Nevertheless, I'd rather participate in my favorite discussion, #FuckRyuji.

At least Ryuji doesn't stop you from doing anything in your room at night. Or tell you you're too tired to do anything else. Or tell you to sleep early for no good reason when all you wanna do is to take a bath with some old guys so you can date Makoto.

nOoblet16

Post palace 6 story spoiler (do not click if you have not gone past post palace 6 story)

"Akechi has revealed his true identity"

"My bond with Akechi has deepened"

Lmao

StoneFox

At least Ryuji doesn't stop you from doing anything in your room at night. Or tell you you're too tired to do anything else. Or tell you to sleep early for no good reason when all you wanna do is to take a bath with some old guys so you can date Makoto.
Morgana is just giving you cat advice. He doesn't know that humans can be awake for more than four hours a day.

I think his awakened one is good as a separate Persona, but as an evolution of
Captain Kidd
, it sucks.
That's how I feel about Yusuke's as well.
Which sucks since Goemon and Kidd are my favourite, and in Yusuke's case it really doesn't fit him. It's not as endearing as Goemon.

Also it's weird that Yosuke and Yusuke's evolved Personas are technically the same lol, even if their designs couldn't be any more different.

Makoto > the other girls

yusuke > the other guys
I like all the characters but I agree. Yusuke took time to grow on me but he's hilarious. Makoto has such a good character arc, and she's cute in a dorky way. Ryuji gets shit for being a loud mouth idiot but he's got passion and heart, Morgana is a surprisingly good mascot character that isn't too annoying aside from the sleep thing. Ann is ditzy but fun and cheerful for the most part. Just met Futaba so we'll see how she is. Overall my favorite Persona cast.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
5th boss down, I liked that one a good deal. Game is getting pretty easy on Normal but I probably won't bump it up until NG+.

nOoblet16

I like all the characters but I agree. Yusuke took time to grow on me but he's hilarious. Makoto has such a good character arc, and she's cute in a dorky way. Ryuji gets shit for being a loud mouth idiot but he's got passion and heart, Morgana is a surprisingly good mascot character that isn't too annoying aside from the sleep thing. Ann is ditzy but fun and cheerful for the most part. Just met Futaba so we'll see how she is. Overall my favorite Persona cast.
Anytime you ask him to hang out and the bond isn't ready to deepen he goes

"Huh? Whyyy?"

Lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dude, ryuji,
I binned you first chance I got and you don't have mediarama.
Don't talk about other people being useless please.

Not really seeing people's problems with the 5th Palace.

Also this track is bumping. Ain't none of y'all never heard Meguro's DDS work, which was fucking immaculate? EGG Facility yo.

Oy you guys. Yes, Makoto is asking you to fuck her in the butt. That's totally a thing that would ever happen in a Japanese videojuego.

Y'all need God. By which, I of course, mean Becky.

Ulong

Yeah the other characters lack of mass party healing really make Morgana and
Makoto
feel like must haves, unless you want to make sure that at every tier you upgrade your persona's through you always carry over a media/mediarama for the MC.

The
airlock puzzles
are boring and time wasting. I'm assuming that's the only real problem people have had with it.

RalchAC

I see why people hate Ryuji, but I don't really mind him. I've just unlocked the 4th palace, which means I'm at the end of July. And while he's certainly a flawed character, he is the one that has suffered the most so far besides the MC.

His father left him and his mother while he was young. And, as sad as it may sound, it probably was for the better. He never had a good father figure to look at, and his mother must have been pretty damn busy.

And he is dumb. In a society that seems to put a big weight in marks and going to a good university as the japanese one, being dumb doesn't seem to be that great. The only way he has to go to university and pursue a life that would make his mother proud is getting a sport scholarship.

And we all know how that went.

So, you know? Who cares if he is annoying. He's endured some shit. He has the right to be salty. And he isn't telling me to go to bed at 7pm. You haters are all terrible bros to him.

Also this track is bumping. Ain't none of y'all never heard Meguro's DDS work, which was fucking immaculate? EGG Facility yo.
Yeah I don't get the hate. It's not as good as the 4th palace but damn it's still fun.

Also best boss battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom