• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

Yes. I get blue enemies. It just depends on how high your level is.

I found out a very good way to farm money on the second palace:

First I spent 100.000 for SP3 accessory.

Then I used the the thief-vision in the first area of the second palace to look after golden enemies, which were ALWAYS 2 APSARAS.

I killed the first, then attacked the second (but the MC on guard) with every other character until it wants to talk, then I ask for money and keep asking for money (Toro Rank 2) until it calls for backup and keep doing the same thing over and over. I was able to get over 40.000 in one battle session. Right now, I have like 400.000 and 4x SP3 rings.

You're better off farming money in Mementos. 15k-30k per turn on a confused mini-boss.

nOoblet16

Yeah the other characters lack of mass party healing really make Morgana and
Makoto
feel like must haves, unless you want to make sure that at every tier you upgrade your persona's through you always carry over a media/mediarama for the MC.

The
airlock puzzles
are boring and time wasting. I'm assuming that's the only real problem people have had with it.
It's the same in every RPG though, only about half the party can do proper healing. In this case it's Morgana, Makoto and MC. In a lot of games the MC is jack of all trades but master of none, in this game he can be both.

Ourobolus

Banned
How the hell do I start the Tower Conifdant?

I got the request, I go to the arcade, the dude is there but he just keeps telling me that I look like I suck at games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I see why people hate Ryuji, but I don't really mind him. I've just unlocked the 4th palace, which means I'm at the end of July. And while he's certainly a flawed character, he is the one that has suffered the most so far besides the MC.

His father left him and his mother while he was young. And, as sad as it may sound, it probably was for the better. He never had a good father figure to look at, and his mother must have been pretty damn busy.

And he is dumb. In a society that seems to put a big weight in marks and going to a good university as the japanese one, being dumb doesn't seem to be that great. The only way he has to go to university and pursue a life that would make his mother proud is getting a sport scholarship.

And we all know how that went.

So, you know? Who cares if he is annoying. He's endured some shit. He has the right to be salty. And he isn't telling me to go to bed at 7pm. You haters are all terrible bros to him.

Dude, MC got a way bigger kick in the nuts and he ain't a freaking idiot.

Yusuke got it way worse too And he's a total bro.

Like it's not about being dumb, it's about stop messing shit up for us.

Astral

Yusuke's been killing it for me with his Giant Slice so far. But Ryuji has Tarukaja and Rampage. I have them both on my team but I don't think I need two physical attackers.

PK Gaming

*eyes Yusuke's Tempest Slash*

I am unsure about your assertion.

Nah, the best physical attacker is definitely Yusuke.

xIgrBMl.png

Okay, maybe he's not the best physical attacker (though judging from both their performances so far, Ryuji is absolutely better) but he's definitely a useful character, especially on higher difficulties.

Zafir

Really? I'm at the third palace now and Ryuji is a beast. Yusuke seems kind of useless.
Yusuke has an attack which gets powered up from Baton Pass.

It's so good that if you're against a single target and are just wanting the damage, it's honestly better doing a Baton Pass to Yusuke than it is to do an all out attack for damage. Assuming the boss/enemy isn't resistant to physical, of course.

I mean, Ryuji is far from useless. Hell he was in my party until like...a palace ago. I just changed him because of preference. He does a lot of damage.

But Yusuke's Rising Slash and Tempest Slash as well as auto-sukukaja make him devastating to me.

Sayers

Is there a strategy to the Persona negotiation? I am terrible at them. Are you supposed to agree with them? Abuse them? What's the deal?

PK Gaming

Yusuke has an attack which gets powered up from Baton Pass.

It's so good that if you're against a single target and are just wanting the damage, it's honestly better doing a Baton Pass to Yusuke than it is to do an all out attack for damage. Assuming the boss/enemy isn't resistant to physical, of course.

I mean, Ryuji is far from useless. Hell he was in my party until like...a palace ago. I just changed him because of preference. He does a lot of damage.

But Yusuke's Rising Slash and Tempest Slash as well as auto-sukukaja make him devastating to me.

I actually just got Rising Slash. If it's as good as the description implies then...

All the party member seem good to me. Morgana's probably the worst...? But his healing and critical hit moves can be a god send, especially for baton passing.

nOoblet16

xIgrBMl.png

Okay, maybe he's not the best physical attacker (though judging from both their performances so far, Ryuji is absolutely better) but he's definitely a useful character, especially on higher difficulties.

Nah, the best physical attacker is definitely Yusuke.

*eyes Yusuke's Tempest Slash*

I am unsure about your assertion.
Actually no, Ryuji is the best physical attacker in the game, but only from late game and onwards. Up until that point it's Yusuke. It's all because of his one ability that puts him above Yusuke (who does have his baton pass buff but it's situational unlike Ryuiji's). Ryuji also has more health.

Antiwhippy

I keep seeing this, but what exactly did Ryuji do that sabotaged the team?

Like when he keeps yelling about the phantom thieves enough to get found out by makoto, and I seem to remember a scene where his bumbling caught us out but I can't really remember.

Like it's all story shit of course that's meant to help gel things together, but it is annoying to see him just barrelling his way through the story. His attention-seeking isn't helping me like him either.

I dunno, at this point it might be entirely irrational.

Wiseblood

Yusuke is better at low-mid levels. Then Ryuji gets Charge and you dump Yusuke to the curb.

EDIT: Ryuji also gets Matarukaja which is another huge point in his favor.

I actually just got Rising Slash. If it's as good as the description implies then...

It's...kinda stupid powerful. People keep complaining about
Anubis
in the 4th palace but my strategy was to hit the adds with their weakness while baton passing up the chain to Rising Slash and then I'd one hit
Anubis
with it. It's why I never complained about it.

Like, I've one hit Physical Resist enemies with it.

All the party member seem good to me. Morgana's probably the worst...? But his healing and critical hit moves can be a god send, especially for baton passing.

Yeah if there's something I'm impressed with it's that the party composition is incredibly varied and solid this time so no one becomes useless or replaced by anyone else. You can viably use a lot of different set ups. Hell, Morgana let me skip a phase in the 2nd Palace Boss thanks to Lucky Punch proccing Crits.

FluxWaveZ

Like when he keeps yelling about the phantom thieves enough
to get found out by makoto
, and I seem to remember a scene where his bumbling caught us out but I can't really remember.

Like it's all story shit of course that's meant to help gel things together, but god maybe make him seem a little bit more apologetic about the shit he's causing?

Chapter 3 Spoilers:
That's as much Ryuji's fault as it is Ann's. Him openly talking about the Phantom Thieves is a problem associated to her at that point as well.

Aside from that, Ryuji's been loud, which has created close calls, and that's pretty stupid of him. But he hasn't actually done anything that sabotaged the team
aside from the one thing.

Actually no, Ryuji is the best physical attacker in the game, but only from late game and onwards. Up until that point it's Yusuke. It's all because of his one ability that puts him above Yusuke (who does have his baton pass buff but it's situational unlike Ryuiji's). Ryuji also has more health.

I did hear about Ryuji becoming better late game. I still pretty much just focused on Yusuke at that point, though; maybe I should have tried Ryuji out a bit more by that point.

Zafir

Does Yusuke get Power Charge though? Ryuji gets it at a higher level...

Don't think so.

That said, Ryuji gets Charge really late, late50s/60. So Yusuke is still better for most of the game.

Course, you could just be like me, and stubbornly still use Yusuke because you like him as a character!

Demonfang

Banned
So i couldn't enter momentos after i unlocked if the other day because morgana kept prompting me to talk to someone outside the school gate but nobody was there ...

Help?

Antiwhippy

Chapter 3 Spoilers:
That's as much Ryuji's fault as it is Ann's. Him openly talking about the Phantom Thieves is a problem associated to her at that point as well.

Aside from that, Ryuji's been loud, which has created close calls, and that's pretty stupid of him. But he hasn't actually done anything that sabotaged the team
aside from the one thing.

Oh I know, I don't mean like actually sabotaging, but when I'm getting into the story I just keep thinking "This is where we need to quiet down, seriously". I just get too serious into the roleplaying. :p

Also MC can already be such a beastly phys user anyway that I tend to just build my team around MC going mostly phys.

PK Gaming

Using both Yusuke and Ryuji on the same team is pretty effective too, since physical attackers are ridiculously clutch in this game, and they have just enough magic to deal acceptable damage when targeting elemental weaknesses.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Using both Yusuke and Ryuji on the same team is pretty effective too, since physical attackers are ridiculously clutch in this game, and they have just enough magic to deal acceptable damage when targeting elemental weaknesses.

thats what im doing... granted, I dont really have much choice so far, but I did drop Morgana for Yusuke, MC has enough healing and you can still heal with Morgana outside of combat anyway.

I see why people hate Ryuji, but I don't really mind him. I've just unlocked the 4th palace, which means I'm at the end of July. And while he's certainly a flawed character, he is the one that has suffered the most so far besides the MC.

His father left him and his mother while he was young. And, as sad as it may sound, it probably was for the better. He never had a good father figure to look at, and his mother must have been pretty damn busy.

And he is dumb. In a society that seems to put a big weight in marks and going to a good university as the japanese one, being dumb doesn't seem to be that great. The only way he has to go to university and pursue a life that would make his mother proud is getting a sport scholarship.

And we all know how that went.

So, you know? Who cares if he is annoying. He's endured some shit. He has the right to be salty. And he isn't telling me to go to bed at 7pm. You haters are all terrible bros to him.
Agreed, favorite bro character. He's like Okuyasu from Jojo a loud mouth idiot punk but god damn he's my bro. The type of guy you can hang out with and just shoot the shit with. I also think he's one of the most relatable characters for me, reminds me in some ways of myself when I was an angry 16 year old frustrated at the world. He deserves some of shit he gets but I still stand by he's great character.

stupei

So i couldn't enter momentos after i unlocked if the other day because morgana kept prompting me to talk to someone outside the school gate but nobody was there ...

Help?

They should definitely be hanging around there, though maybe not on that particular day of the week?

PK Gaming

Oh yeah, the pulinpa strat on Mementos bosses is a quick way to make cash, right?

I need to set up a confidant with Chihaya asap, but that 100k barrier...

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the P5 clothes dlc? I got that free Regular Clothes set and i cant seem to download it from the PS Store. Also the Gekkoukan and Yasogami clothes DLCs are gone from the store. What gives

Antiwhippy

Physical has always been pretty broken in persona since 3, but I always found that you only really need one to be ridiculously OP. I'd rather get the support and magic backup in case I run into enemies that resist it or if I need to do negotiations.

Especially now that you can choose skills where it's a lot easier to just fuse a stupid OP persona.

Opa-Pa

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the P5 clothes dlc? I got that free Regular Clothes set and i cant seem to download it from the PS Store. Also the Gekkoukan and Yasogami clothes DLCs are gone from the store. What gives

Just having them purchased is enough for the game to recognize them on PS4, they can't be downloaded.

And yeah I never found the uniforms without going to related items on the PS4 itself, it's weird.

Like when he keeps yelling about the phantom thieves enough to get found out by makoto, and I seem to remember a scene where his bumbling caught us out but I can't really remember.

Like it's all story shit of course that's meant to help gel things together, but it is annoying to see him just barrelling his way through the story. His attention-seeking isn't helping me like him either.

I dunno, at this point it might be entirely irrational.
Okay response in spoilers up to third palace:
First of all Ann was also caught out in the recording so I don't know why you're placing sole blame on Ryuji. The MC is the only one who shuts the fuck up in the game.

Second, you have to ignore a lot of stupid shit from your other party members to believe that he's the only asshole around. A big one being fucking Makoto going to a Mafia boss to fucking threaten them, I mean what is that shit. We could have gotten murdered or worse...

He's been way more helpful to team by making the calling card in the first place from magazine scraps and also the only one they wouldn't suspect. Ryuji stands up for you when you get caught by shadow Kamoshida too.

Disclaimer: Only on the third palace but you all seem way too hard on him.

Hifumi is cool. It's nice to see an Atlus character who actually resents the idea of becoming an idol. I loved Tokyo Mirage Sessions (
maybe even more than P5
) but the way they presented that milieu was weird.

aravuus

Yusuke's SLink has become one of my favorites in the series so far, and I'm only halfway through it. It's absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom