• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

When did they say this?

Some stuff:

1. Kazuhisa Wada, the director and producer for the recent Persona spin-offs, said he couldn't announce a new title at the beginning of 2016, and that the year would be "one of preparation." He reiterated the preparation line at the end of 2016.

2. Naoto Hiraoka, Atlus bigwig, confirmed there was at least 1 new Persona game in development in December 2016. He basically confirmed the same in March 2017, when he spoke with GNN Gamer and said that plans for a new release in the Persona series were "in preparation."

3. DJ Taku Takahashi said, at the beginning of this year, that he worked on remixing Persona 5 music, which he said "might be included in the next game." His interview was stealthily edited to remove the Persona 5 mention out.

4. A P Studio designer, one who worked on DLC costume design for Persona 5, said she has been working on the design of costumes for characters in a new game. She said the designs might be "surprising" to fans.

5. The Atlus consumer survey released in February 2017 explicitly asked fans if they would want very specific titles, including stuff like "Persona 3 Dancing," "Persona 5 Arena," "Persona Q-2 and a remake of Persona Q," "Persona 1 HD console remake," "Persona shooting game," etc.

I mean, it's at least apparent that Atlus is heavily thinking about making spin-offs and remakes of Persona.

nOoblet16

So is this it then for mementos? Its not as long as I was expecting cause someone asked how big mementos is and he received a reply "It's big let's just leave it at that".

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but I:ll tag it in any case. Inside is the screenshot of mementos overview screen that has all the areas revealed.
pjJwlsjh.jpg

FluxWaveZ

11/20

Goddamnit, I liked Akechi, I even bought equipment and a SP accessory for him, why did he betray me? :( I think it wasn't that hard to imagine Akechi being the bad guy,
but I hoped for something less obvious. Tbh, I hoped he wasn't bad, as I really liked him as a design and a personality, he was pretty useful in battles too...

Anyway, I think I'm nearing the finale now, what should I do before the NG+? I've already maxed all the social stats.

You're not as close as you think; probably should think about that stuff later.

So is this it then for mementos?

No.

So is this it then for mementos? Its not as long as I was expecting cause someone asked how big mementos is and he received a reply "It's big let's just leave it at that".

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but I:ll tag it in any case. Inside is the screenshot of mementos overview screen that has all the areas revealed.
pjJwlsjh.jpg

You should ask yourself why is this more suspicious looking then before

Opa-Pa

Is the game hard? I liked SMT4 but the bosses stressed me out with the difficulty so I quit haha.

They're kinda similar, but the early hours of SMT4 are the hardest part of the game, and P5 on normal is easier than that. You can switch difficulty settings on the fly as well.

I'm going to go ahead and ask a spoiler END GAME question since I'm almost wrapping up the game:

Just began the seventh dungeon. Is this the last dungeon? And will the boss of this dungeon be the final one or is there another boss after the elections? If this is the final dungeon and/or boss I need to mentally prepare lol.

eliza0224

They're kinda similar, but the early hours of SMT4 are the hardest part of the game, and P5 on normal is easier than that. You can switch difficulty settings on the fly as well.
Thanks! That's great to hear. I'll get my copy today and hope to not lose too much sleep over this 😂

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to go ahead and ask a spoiler END GAME question since I'm almost wrapping up the game:

Just began the seventh dungeon. Is this the last dungeon? And will the boss of this dungeon be the final one or is there another boss after the elections? If this is the final dungeon and/or boss I need to mentally prepare lol.

END GAME SPOILERS
Final Palace, not the final boss.

FluxWaveZ

These are questions I wouldn't want answers to, personally, but whatevs:

MAJOR SPOILERS:
It's the last Palace, but not the last area you'll be fighting in. It is not the final boss.

I am not a fan of anime and the the closest I've come to dipping my toe into JRPG's are Super Mario RPG and the Paper Mario series.

Are these games intimidating and/or inscrutable to newcomers? Would this be a good entry point into the genre/series? I see nothing but glowing things about the franchise and am obviously always down for fun mechanics and a good story in a game.

Lastly, if I pick this up and find myself stuck, is there a non-spoilery guide that I could look over or would posting in this thread with questions foot that bill?

Thanks for any replies everyone!

Royce McCutcheon

I'm pretty sure as of early September I despise ryuji, get this fucker out my party and game, I just dislike him, this never happened with P4 best bro, ryuji is the worst.

Chaos17

I don't care about 6th palace, like I care for why it's since it has no impact in real world its story! Let me teleport ASAP to the boss damn it >_<
Dungeons are becoming so long and boring since the 5th.

I am not a fan of anime and the the closest I've come to dipping my toe into JRPG's are Super Mario RPG and the Paper Mario series.

Are these games intimidating and/or inscrutable to newcomers? Would this be a good entry point into the genre/series? I see nothing but glowing things about the franchise and am obviously always down for fun mechanics and a good story in a game.

Lastly, if I pick this up and find myself stuck, is there a non-spoilery guide that I could look over or would posting in this thread with questions foot that bill?

This game a good entry for newcomers, it has 30 hours of handholding/tutorials, you can't go wrong with it and you've multiple difficulty level. So you can start in asy then for for your second playthrough play in normal if jumping directly to nroal make you afraid.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Persona 5 was supposed to be a backpacking adventure, after all, before the earthquake happened and Hashino changed his mind. He's said he's pretty much bringing that concept to Re Fantasy, though, so who knows what that means to it being revisited for Persona.

I would take that bet and win, because there is a 0% chance of us seeing Persona 6 before Re Fantasy is realized. If we see P6 anytime soon, Hashino and Soejima most likely wouldn't be involved, and that in itself is worrying. The new title you're talking about was in the wake of the Studio Zero announcement, where Soejima is now part of the "Atlus Artwork Team" and Meguro is part of the "Atlus Sound Team."

Hiraoka did state that Persona remains their most important series moving forward to GNN Gamer. We'll be seeing spin-offs and remakes in the near future. But Persona 6? What that will be and when is a big mystery.

The biggest reason they aren't going to start earnest work on Persona 6 is because they print money by milking the fuck out of the existing games and characters. There will be a P5A, P5DAN (or something like it), Persona 3-5 crossovers, etc.

Anyone dislike ryuji? I thought he was okay in the beginning but all he wants is
fame, money, pussy, and to be a major dick to Mona
. I thought we addressed these problems in prior palaces. He barely contributes anything meaningful to the group and the things he says and does annoys me.

I personally dislike him. He's the only one that makes me want to punch a teammate in the face. However,
he did have a rough childhood and I do respect a guy who tries to take care of his mom when they both have nothing else in life. You can argue that it doesn't mean he has a free pass to be a douche bag all the time. His heart is in the right place, it's just his inside voice is still pretty loud.

Opa-Pa

I personally dislike him. He's the only one that makes me want to punch a teammate in the face. However,
he did have a rough childhood and I do respect a guy who tries to take care of his mom when they both have nothing else in life. You can argue that it doesn't mean he has a free pass to be a douche bag all the time. His heart is in the right place, it's just his inside voice is still pretty loud.

That's a pretty fair summary of him.

I'm pretty sure as of early September I despise ryuji, get this fucker out my party and game, I just dislike him, this never happened with P4 best bro, ryuji is the worst.

Ryuji sucks but homophobic creeper mopey bro is way worse omg. Granted I'm not in September but I just CANNOT IMAGINE him hitting Yosuke lows. I can't believe I had to defend Ryuji

Gorillaz

I dont really go into the "deep end" on anime/JRPGS alot either but the systems here are all pretty good. The high school stuff is the trojan horse to alot of RPG elements so if you don't mind the daily life/sim like nature of day to day task going hand and hand with combat you should be cool. If you liked Paper Mario at least the early ones ( I didn't play much beyond the 64 one) then you would like this. The tutorial alone is long as hell before it let's you go loose but not to the point where you feel like restricting you too much.

I do think you have to go into this with an openish mind tho. The type of themes and villians have a little depth to it as well.

nOoblet16

You're not as close as you think; probably should think about that stuff later.

No.

You should ask yourself why is this more suspicious looking then before
What do you mean more suspicious looking than before ?

Well I know there is an unopened level door at the end of the area I am at, which will probably unlock after I do the 7th dungeon as was the case previously. But considering the map has run out of screen space I am not expecting another level like previous ones. Maybe it's the thing that Morgana talked about i.e. if we go deep into the mementos we'll find ourselves. Anyhow I'll know soon enough.

Finally beat the 5th palace. That was not good.

Question about what comes after:

How much more free time do you get until dec 24th? Still have some social links I want to max out.

Ryuji sucks but homophobic creeper mopey bro is way worse omg. Granted I'm not in September but I just CANNOT IMAGINE him hitting Yosuke lows. I can't believe I had to defend Ryuji

See above for my personal assessment and view of Ryuji. But at the very least, he also has a Pirate Persona...on a ship. That's awesome.

Also, just for reference, I prefer Yosuke more. If in real life I had to choose between someone like Ryuji or Yosuke to be on my superhero team, I'd choose Yosuke. At least his inside voice is lower. I prefer a quieter sidekick, than a loud sidekick.

AngryMoth

I'm racking up a lot of mementos targets at the moment, how long can you actually stay in there before the
Reaper
becomes a problem? Haven't had any trouble with him yet

Xeteh

I'm racking up a lot of mementos targets at the moment, how long can you actually stay in there before the
Reaper
becomes a problem? Haven't had any trouble with him yet

Its something like 5 minutes on a single floor, I never ran in to it once while going through that place.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ryuji is just Yosuke and Kanji with the Potara Earrings.

Arsene is pretty useless, isn't he? He even has low Magic, even if I teach him some spells it's still worthless. To waste such a cool design...Bad job, Atlus.

Okay, giving poor Ryuji a break for a moment, wtf is up with Akechi? I hate that guy, wow. And I don't even know what his deal is yet. So smarmy and smug though.

nOoblet16

The shirt that Makoto wears with her winter dress is so similar in colour with her skin that it often looks like she is wearing a halter neck dress. Infact when she was first introduced I was often perplexed over why this person is wearing a summer dress in winter, then after a good few hours I noticed the collar lines and went...Oh I see.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Okay, giving poor Ryuji a break for a moment, wtf is up with Akechi? I hate that guy, wow. And I don't even know what his deal is yet. So smarmy and smug though.
There are layers to this character, trust me.

I also like Akechi's casual attire the most out of anyone. He manages to pull off "old man sweater" and make it look good.

Very punchable too, I enjoy giving him smart-ass answers to shut him up.

8/29 spoilers:
Ugh. Just ugh. Gay sexual predators, Atlus? Really? :/ P.S. Ann, your bikini bottom makes you look like a ho, but I guess that's what you were going for. Makoto has so much better taste than you.

Also, good move making Morgana watch your stuff! He can just make any potential thief go to sleep.

I like Akechi because he's smug.

I feel like I would like him if I were not the person he was being an asshole to. If it were a passive media I would find him pretty amusing. Me as MC, and then him triggering an inevitable public outburst from SOMEONE all the time makes me want to shove him in a locker.

This year has just been crazy in terms of how many great games there have been. There should be a crossover between Persona 5's Phantom Thieves and Yakuza's Kiryu Kazuma. Kiryu should join the Phantom Thieves and fight demons, without his own Persona, just his fists should be enough.

...I just need the work day finish so I can go home and play more Persona 5.

What do you mean more suspicious looking than before ?

Well I know there is an unopened level door at the end of the area I am at, which will probably unlock after I do the 7th dungeon as was the case previously. But considering the map has run out of screen space I am not expecting another level like previous ones. Maybe it's the thing that Morgana talked about i.e. if we go deep into the mementos we'll find ourselves. Anyhow I'll know soon enough.

I can't say much but just keep playing and you will find out why

Yeah, figured as much.
Will try to push through next time even when low on sp since there wont be a major boss at the end.

I'm pretty sure the lack of SP regain possibilities early-to mid game and the
calling card
functionality go hand in hand actually. It feels safer to desperately push through these almost unreasonably large palaces knowing that you aren't going to have to walk into the big boss at the end without any chance to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom