• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

best Valentines Day ever

Y7crKEu.jpg
Atleast you now have enough chocolates for the real side chick that you've been hiding up until now.

Most people don't enjoy dipshits, or being around them

The character is totally misunderstood in this thread. It may sound too much like a case of "I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert)...", but Ryuji is basically a pariah for circumstances that are not well understood in Western cultures. Imagine the type of teenager that would have it worse in your own country and that is basically Ryuji.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The official art for this game is so good

latest

Might have to get that artbook when it comes out.

The character is totally misunderstood in this thread. It may sound too much like a case of "I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert)...", but Ryuji is basically a pariah for circumstances that are not well understood in Western cultures. Imagine the type of teenager that would have it worse in your own country and that is basically Ryuji.

Cultural disconnect doesn't really matter if you just hate the personality regardless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The official art for this game is so good

latest

Might have to get that artbook when it comes out.

some of my favorite character designs in ages, whos the artist?

He should teach other artists how to design women without being incredibly in your face sexual.

to me it sounds like a lot of people havent watched much anime in their lifetime (which is fine, im not standing on a high horse over fucking anime of all things lol), he is the typical anime loud mouth character, im used to it by now /shrug

Shigenori Soejima, he took over from Kazuma Kaneko since Persona 3.

its the Persona 4 guy? Jesus Christ these characters are so much better (in my opinion of course)

Royce McCutcheon

I'm OK with that, but
going in on my boy Morgana was the last straw
unforgivable

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
some of my favorite character designs in ages, whos the artist?

He should teach other artists how to design women without being incredibly in your face sexual.
Sae is my favorite female character in a Japanese game since Titania from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Composed, in control, beautiful but not sexualized, has agency, and is more capable than most people around her. A great character all around.

It's Shigenori Soejima.

Opa-Pa

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for Morgana getting shit from Ryuji considering he's spent the entire game talking about how stupid and ignorant he is. I like both but Morgana is way meaner way more often too.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Sae is my favorite female character in a Japanese game since Titania from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Composed, in control, beautiful but not sexualized, has agency, and is more capable than most people around her. A great character all around.

It's Shigenori Soejima.

Sae is a ridiculously good character yeah.

nOoblet16

Despite the bs I just experienced in dungeon 7 I'm gonna say this now, Persona 5 is my favourite game ever...it has dethroned MGS3 for me and made me a Persona fan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
by the way, if there isnt a twist and there actually IS a
traitor in the crew
like the intro says, im not going to lie fam... I'm not ready for that ;_;

PixelatedBookake

It's Shigenori Soejima.

My favorite thing about Sae is 11/21
how integral she became to the story. Her relationship with Makoto and how toxic it was and what happened to their father ruined their relationship. And her unknowingly helping the thieves beat Akechi by tricking him into entering the Metaverse was due to her being skeptical but believing the truth was genius. And me being the thief that she is chasing who falls in love with her daughter is a great story lol

SolVanderlyn

by the way, if there isnt a twist and there actually IS a
traitor in the crew
like the intro says, im not going to lie fam... I'm not ready for that ;_;
This is less for you and more for people who have gone past November. Come back and read this post when you get there.

You're ready for it, lol. It's super obvious and no attempt is made to hide who it is.

nOoblet16

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for Morgana getting shit from Ryuji considering he's spent the entire game talking about how stupid and ignorant he is. I like both but Morgana is way meaner way more often too.
I donno, Morgana does it in a joking manner. Ryuji is the butt end of all the jokes within the group, even the other characters make fun of him. But Ryuji alone is an ass towards Morgana and is actually mean about it.

Any reliable way to gain kindness outside of DVDs, books or games?

Best character.

Flower shop job.

Despite the bs I just experienced in dungeon 7 I'm gonna say this now, Persona 5 is my favourite game ever...it has dethroned MGS3 for me and made me a Persona fan.

I'm genuinely surprised. You clearly must like the game (nobody plays a game this long otherwise) but it feels like a lot of your comments in the thread were slanted slightly negative.

R0ckman

Flower shop job.

I'm genuinely surprised. You clearly must like the game (nobody plays a game this long otherwise) but it feels like a lot of your comments in the thread were slanted slightly negative.

I played Xenoblade Chronicles X for 30 hours, snapped and almost broke the disc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Kind of a jerk though.

Nimby

Banned
Can you max female social links in this game without romance? The guide that I'm following implies that you can't, and while I'm pretty sure you can, I just wanna make sure.

Rodin

? What's wrong with it?
Everything?

a place that shouldn't have enemies at all is flooded with the shittiest in the game, and as soon as you beat one of them another one spawn in front of your face, 100% hits you and surrounds you because the platforms are tiny and there are no places to hide in most of the area?

I died at least 5 times before deciding to cheese it and forget about the treasure chest

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"You're the reason everything bad happens in the world! Ugh, sorry sis, stress from my job is really getting to me. You bitch. Do your homework"

Might want to spoiler tag that because it's kinda important for a certain character's development, but yeah, that was the point I went "Oh I'm really digging this character." to "Fuck her."

Everything?

a place that shouldn't have enemies at all is flooded with the shittiest in the game, and as soon as you beat one of them another one spawn in front of your face, 100% hits you and surrounds you?

I died at least 5 times before deciding to cheese it and forget about the treasure chest

Eh, just physical the shit out of everything.

Royce McCutcheon

Is it really an insult if it's true? Ryuji is definitely stupid and ignorant, objectively.

Might want to spoiler tag that because it's kinda important for a certain character's development, but yeah, that was the point I went "Oh I'm really digging this character." to "Fuck her."

I mean, I made it ridiculous so it doesn't actually reference anything in the game. If you say she says something mean, you get the same effect, it's just hyperbolic fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom