• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalchAC

I feel like I would like him if I were not the person he was being an asshole to. If it were a passive media I would find him pretty amusing. Me as MC, and then him triggering an inevitable public outburst from SOMEONE all the time makes me want to shove him in a locker.

But trolling him is awesome.

When you meet him in late Julu
I couldn't help but choose the Ryuji is a Phantom Thief option lol

AngryMoth

Sojiro just mentioned something about 6 more months of probation. Does the game really take place over a whole year? 50 hours in and I'm only at the beginning of september, guess people weren't kidding about this being a 100 hour game...
Its something like 5 minutes on a single floor, I never ran in to it once while going through that place.
Cool, thanks!

Damn, so much Ryuji hate, I'm still in the first palace and I'm thinking that something must go very wrong later to warrant this kind of hate

Dany

Banned
How much SP does SP adhesive 3 give you? I wanna go for it, but you can get it at a discount if you talk to takemi a few more times?

I want to get it before i finish palace 3. I have 10 days left.

PK Gaming

This is way too perfect

C9POJTiXcAEOgQO.jpg
C9POKAxXgAAKa1B.jpg

source

Damn, so much Ryuji hate, I'm still in the first palace and I'm thinking that something must go very wrong later to warrant this kind of hate

It's pretty split. Many love Ryuji, many dislike him. Just play the game for yourself, enjoy the story, experience the journey with all the characters and make up your own mind. Everyone's experience will be different.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
How much SP does SP adhesive 3 give you? I wanna go for it, but you can get it at a discount if you talk to takemi a few more times?

I want to get it before i finish palace 3. I have 10 days left.

7 SP per turn, and the cost halves
at Confidant Level 7.

Some of it's definitely deserved but I think some people have overblown it. He has a tendency to be reckless and very vocal about his frustrations. I still like the guy because he's just so passionate with how he expresses himself (his voice actor nailed the character) and his heart is in the right place, but I can see how for some he can get on their nerves.

microdot

I personally dislike him. He's the only one that makes me want to punch a teammate in the face. However,
he did have a rough childhood and I do respect a guy who tries to take care of his mom when they both have nothing else in life. You can argue that it doesn't mean he has a free pass to be a douche bag all the time. His heart is in the right place, it's just his inside voice is still pretty loud.

True, but all the thieves have had tragic backgrounds. He shows little to no empathy for the victims. Outside of his social link and the first palace all he cares about is
revealing the phantom thieves to the world for recognition, fame, pussy, and money.
He is literally the only one who cares about these things.

And if you get to the point after the 4th palace when
Morgana considers leaving he half ass apologizes to him. What an ass. Morgana transforms into a damn car, I consider that more useful than anything Ryuji does.

I see Ryuji being compared to Kanji. Psh Kanji was a true bro.

mike6467

best Valentines Day ever

I've been trying to get a response to this for awhile. I'm guessing you have some idea of what happens, but I'm not certain since I won't click on that/read whatever was there in this reply.

What are the benefits/drawbacks of romancing all the s links, are there any tangible benefits to sticking to one girl? I'd like to avoid specifics, but it would be good to know if this is deeply integrated into the plot or if it's just one cutscene and then everything is fine.

Well I'm glad I finished before seeing that major spoiler here.

I just checked the thread on my phone and was surprised when I saw an image where there wasn't one just a minute earlier.

Spoiler tags don't hide images on mobile. There's an option to disable loading any pictures without clicking on them in the preferences, which I've now turned on.

Glad I didn't click that :eek:

pbayne

23/11

Lol did they just forget about Haru? She feels so...tacked on compared to everyone else. Like i don't believe she's really a part of the same team as everyone else.

FluxWaveZ

23/11

Lol did they just forget about Haru? She feels so...tacked on compared to everyone else. Like i don't believe she's really a part of the same team as everyone else.

Unfortunately, that remains the case throughout the game, which is unfortunate. The character would have benefited from more build-up, and having a more active role in the team.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
23/11

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I
never even started her confidant because I was too busy with other people by the time she showed up.

Also, if Persona 6 does happen, I guess its color scheme will be green? That's the only color left that sticks out now that all of the primary colors have been used.

6/13
wish ryuji having a bigger mouth than Steven Tyler has some actual repercussions.
Freaking idiot.

yusuke dropping the truth on ryuji.
Ryuji really is a messed up kid.

To date multiple women or be faithful that is the question. What did you guys do?

I'm in November and I still love him. Honestly don't get why he's so hated.

Edzi

Finally got a chance to play the game earlier this week. Still in the first palace arc, but man this is already way better than P4 for me. I really disliked the P4 MCs design, but P5 MC looks great and the game overall reminds me more of P3. All the characters so far are great, Morgana is a fun sidekick character, and the story thus far has been way darker than I anticipated which I'm loving. Definitely wasn't expecting the game to open with such a depraved first villain.

To date multiple women or be faithful that is the question. What did you guys do?

I'm in November and I still love him. Honestly don't get why he's so hated.

Only in June and it's really annoying how he is constantly being a jerk/sarcastic to his friends and when they call him out on it he freaks out.

Nose Master

It's overblown. He's a dipshit, but he's certainly not worthy of such fire. Yosuke was a million times worse. Stupei was awful, too. I kinda like Ryuji. At Palace 5ish, for reference.

silva1991

Do I need to max out social link again if I want to create ultimate persona on NG+? I forgot to fuse Alice on my first playrthrough :(

I have the S.link key item, so I'm assuming that I don't need to max it again?

Zyrox

How does the fortune lv. 1 perk work? I did that (for Kindness), worked at the Flower shop and still only got 2 notes? Is she scamming me out of money again?

True, but all the thieves have had tragic backgrounds. He shows little to no empathy for the victims. Outside of his social link and the first palace all he cares about is
revealing the phantom thieves to the world for recognition, fame, pussy, and money.
He is literally the only one who cares about these things.

And if you get to the point after the 4th palace when
Morgana considers leaving he half ass apologizes to him. What an ass. Morgana transforms into a damn car, I consider that more useful than anything Ryuji does.

I see Ryuji being compared to Kanji. Psh Kanji was a true bro.

I completely agree with everything you said. I find him to be rather useless as well. I just acknowledge that he has some redeeming qualities. But that
story arc where Morgana leaves just made me dislike Ryuji more. True, Morgana also said mean things to Ryuji but honestly, Morgana has always been right and I would've fired Ryuji's rear a long time ago.

With that said, Ryuji is still pretty passionate. Even if his reasons to be a Phantom Thief aren't as altruistic as the rest of the team's, he is still passionate and doesn't want to give up. All good qualities. Just he needs to talk 3 times less and 20 times more quietly.

Qurupeke

23/11

Yeah, Haru is sadly a nobody and I don't understand why. She had a very recent traumatic experience and despite that she acts as a normal person. Also, with the motto of her family being betrayal and considering the fact that the Phantom Thieves didn't really help her father after all, I hoped that she would be manipulated and be the one that sold off the team. Would honestly make a better twist and it would actually help to make her a memorable character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
7 SP per turn, and the cost halves
at Confidant Level 7.

Wait the
death
confidant sp item is literally an item? I thought it was aomethunf you equipped. I bet i can buy it then and never knew lol (im rank 5)

Also its called adhesive? Is there more than one kind? Because I bought a box of 50 of some sort of ashesive on the tv shopping channel.

Verder

I'm on 5/25 and I find it fucking hilarious
that makoto follows you around the school and she turns around if you come nearby and claims it's "for student president" purposes.

ramyeon

I really enjoyed the theme and puzzles of Palace 4. Great stuff, although it felt a bit easy. I don't think I'm overlevelled (At 31 I think at the end of it before the boss) but none of the enemies really posed a threat.

Anubis seemed like they would at first but Pulinpa > Psi attacks made quick work of them.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Wait the
death
confidant sp item is literally an item? I thought it was aomethunf you equipped. I bet i can buy it then and never knew lol (im rank 5)

Also its called adhesive? Is there more than one kind? Because I bought a box of 50 of some sort of ashesive on the tv shopping channel.

It's an accessory. There's three levels of it, that give back different amounts of SP per turn.

You probably bought the 50 bandages, which ends up being a pretty great deal.

nOoblet16

Fucking hell the safe rooms in 7th palace are totally fucked up.

I spent about 1.5 hours on this thing, was almost about to finish this section and I get chain killed by the last fucking in the area who also happened to be a new enemy which I never encountered before. Now I have to reload from the start. Wtf man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom