• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6467

Disagree. There are plenty of characters who I totally understand their situation, I totally get where they're coming from, and I still just fucking hate them regardless.

There's tons of people like this in real life. I'm empathetic to plenty of people who I have no desire whatsoever to be around. I've had to drop several toxic friends who I empathized strongly with because of that.

I'm not all aboard the hate train here, but the dude has done things to earn it. After he did the first thing that bothered me, I was pretty frustrated with him. Then I started to understand him more and start liking him again, it seemed like maybe that was a one off thing and maybe he'd learn from it and grow as a character...Until it happened again and it was clear he was doubling down on everything that had caused problems the first time.

Now I'm expecting nothing from him as a character and am just trying to appreciate the voice actor. I mean my favorite line so far was him talking to Morgana (early, early game)
*gasp* does that mean you've got a phone!?!
The delivery on that was great.

nOoblet16

Flower shop job.

I'm genuinely surprised. You clearly must like the game (nobody plays a game this long otherwise) but it feels like a lot of your comments in the thread were slanted slightly negative.
What ? Where ? I've been so positive about the game in itself. It's possible for me love the game but still admit it's problems.

I'm 90 hours or so into the game and the only other SP game released in the past 2-3 years that I've played this much is FFXV. Though that's also to do with the fact that most other games aren't really as lengthy even if I do close to everything, like I finished Andromeda with 88% completion in about 60 hours.

Nose Master

Everything?

a place that shouldn't have enemies at all is flooded with the shittiest in the game, and as soon as you beat one of them another one spawn in front of your face, 100% hits you and surrounds you because the platforms are tiny and there are no places to hide in most of the area?

I died at least 5 times before deciding to cheese it and forget about the treasure chest

By cheese it do you mean use the built in stealth mechanics? The Anubis aren't a big deal at all, they just don't have weaknesses. They're super susceptible to sleep / forget / every other status ailment.

That chest had like, a Life Balm in it, btw. You didn't miss anything.

I can't lie, the P3 battle theme is dope to have playing but yeesh $7 is bonkers for the outfits!
Are the Persona from the DLC worth buying? I have a bunch of PSN credit I don't mind blowing on it, but only if it's worth owning.

The uniforms look cool and it plays the battle music depending what dlc you get.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Don't pay atlus tax for the DLCs lol.

I don't really like costume DLCs that's from another game anyway. Breaks the immersion for me.

Hikami

Everything?

a place that shouldn't have enemies at all is flooded with the shittiest in the game, and as soon as you beat one of them another one spawn in front of your face, 100% hits you and surrounds you because the platforms are tiny and there are no places to hide in most of the area?

I died at least 5 times before deciding to cheese it and forget about the treasure chest

I wonder if people know there's other infiltration tools besides lockpicks. Haven't seen anyone mention them. Smokescreens are good to use there.
The lack of places to hide gets worse in later palaces too, good to have some for those as well.
You should be able to make infiltration tools the night before going back in.

Disagree. There are plenty of characters who I totally understand their situation, I totally get where they're coming from, and I still just fucking hate them regardless.

You were the one who wrote a few pages earlier something like (spoilers from the first month in the game)
"He didn't get rapped like Shiho, so he's fine".

That's why I felt the need to say that Ryuji as a character is not well understood. And you're not the only one who dislikes him for being like he is.

nOoblet16

Everything?

That 2nd enemy you are talking about, you can avoid being ambushed by attacking it as soon as it spawns. Or you can quickly run back and let it cool down if you want to ambush them. But I agree that you wouldn't know any of this the first time around and will most certainly get ambushed by Anubis who is pretty damn annoying at that point in the game. But if you have an Isis you will be totally immune to Anubis and can just kill him all on your own, even if there are two of them.

Lusankya

The official art for this game is so good

latest

Might have to get that artbook when it comes out.

Yeah, it's really great.
It's too bad there is no more art of her in this "official style". I have the Japanese artbook and there are only her in-game portraits and sketches. Plus of course the full artwork of the image you posted.

silva1991

Don't pay atlus tax for the DLCs lol.

I don't really like costume DLCs that's from another game anyway. Breaks the immersion for me.

I don't usually care about immersion in games, but this is another story. It just doesn't feel right to me to change them here unlike the other games.

ramyeon

I don't usually care about immersion in games, but this is another story. It just doesn't feel right to me to change them here unlike the other games.
I thought the same. Bought them, tried them out and yep... it's weird. Especially since they summon their Persona by ripping off their masks and the masks aren't present in the costumes.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
His
beach wear is kinda messed up. Who wears a hoodie to the beach??
I loved this. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it. Yusuke is such a weirdo, and it's great.

Xeteh

I thought the same. Bought them, tried them out and yep... it's weird. Especially since they summon their Persona by ripping off their masks and the masks aren't present in the costumes.

On that note, whats with the face going black when they do that? Its REALLY obvious with Makoto as she doesn't cover her face as much with her hand but holy shit it looks spooky.

NG+ with maxed attributes and completed the second dungeon. Already worried I'm lagging behind with Confidants.

I can't imagine that'd be an issue. You should have plenty of time.

Corpekata

Banned
In case the Hifumi social link wasn't obvious enough her
mother was trying to live through her vicariously, she appears and flat out says "I need you to accomplish the things I was never able to."

Too subtle for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It should work them. The game isn't clear but I don't think the musical notes are 1:1 representations of how much your s-link or Stats level up.

I think it is, it's just that different attributes have different leveling curves.

Knowledge always required the most points for example.

Chaos17

Fack 6th dungeon it's too long for nothing!
Just put some puzzles and cut it by half!
I'm bored of its pacing (I mean the little story they putted in it of how you go through the dungeon)

Time to take a break.

Nose Master

Question about the true ending requirements / certain social link:
Do I have to grind out Sojiro for it? Does he give you benefits worthy of bashing your head against his slow ass progression? His line is so slow and boring, and I can make the dang maid make coffee for me so there's no reason to do it myself.

Corpekata

Banned
Fack 6th dungeon it's too long for nothing!
Just put some puzzles and cut it by half!
I'm boreed of its pacing (I mean the little story they putted in it of how you go through the dungeon)

Time to take a break.

Feels to me like the latter half of the dungeons so far are all reaching "slog" territory.

Zyrox

It should work them. The game isn't clear but I don't think the musical notes are 1:1 representations of how much your s-link or Stats level up.

I don't think that's true. The notes are pretty accurate.
Her perk DOES work with the fruit juice, gives 2 notes instead of one. This leads me to think that it only works with activities which can not reach 3 notes by default, since 3 is the maximum amount you can earn in one stat at a time. Would have really been nice if they explained that ability better.

FluxWaveZ

I really wonder if Haru went through some personality change or something late in the game's development. I think of:

- Example 1
- Example 2
- Example 3

And she's actually a completely different character than what those would lead you to believe. Like, when does she ever appear as she does in Example 1? Makes me think she'd be the type of character who would like to say "Whatever" and would frequently butt heads with Makoto because of how nonchalant she is.

Really strange.

Venfayth

Pretty sure you get unique dialogue and things to put in your room for taking your friends to various places they like at max confidant rank.

Sophia

I really wonder if Haru went through some personality change or something late in the game's development. I think of:

- Example 1
- Example 2
- Example 3

And she's actually a completely different character than what those would lead you to believe. Like, when does she ever appear as she does in Example 1? Makes me think she'd be the type of character who would like to say "Whatever" and would frequently butt heads with Makoto because of how nonchalant she is.

Really strange.

It's certainly the most out of place. Considering that the animated cutscenes were done as early as 2015, I wonder if they changed something about her?

RPGCrazied

Been playing this almost 50 hours and still don't have the whole party. Still at 6 members. Long game is long.

I really hope when you have them all there are more dungeons.

Haru is just an odd duck of a character anyways. Like she wasn't really fully developed or thought out.

Yeah definitely. She's easily the weakest party member. She sucks at combat, is a boring NPC and her arc/palace was easily the worst one in the game imo. Which is disappointing because I remember her introduction trailer being hyped as fuck.

exhume

Hope this is the right place to post this, but I just received my copy of the artbook from Amazon Japan, and it's amazing. I might double dip when the English version is released.
It's also considerably beefier than the P3/P4 artbooks. Like 4 times the size!

mFVCMC7.jpg
eykka4k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom