• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
20170412_204426.jpg

What is this Engrish trying to say?

Allows you to leave a persona to learn an attribute resistance.

Fandangox

I am assuming it means you can sacrifice a persona in a "fusion" to give the receiving persona resistance. Like using up Jack Frost to give some other Persona Ice resistance maybe.

ramyeon

I am assuming it means you can sacrifice a persona in a "fusion" to give the receiving persona resistance. Like using up Jack Frost to give some other Persona Ice resistance maybe.
No it literally means what it says. You can leave them in the Velvet Room for "training" to develop an attribute resistance.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
20170412_204426.jpg

What is this Engrish trying to say?

I'm starting to feel like people are seeing bad translations when there are none. It's the Lockdown ability. You leave a persona in Lockdown and it learns an elemental attribute resistance. Does exactly what it says on the can.

kai3345

Banned
it sounds to me like you leave it in the prison for a short period of time, and when you come back the persona learns a new attribute resistance

Antiwhippy

Nah, to be serious though, it's just one too many term stacking. Attribute is just stuff like, sleep, confuse, forget etc. etc. You leave a persona with them and they can learn to resist them.

The poster was talking about the game forcing players to try and complete Palaces within 1 day as if maxing social links was important to getting a true ending. This isn't the case, never has been. They've always hinged on your answers in a dialogue prompt. They don't really require any planning beforehand.

He's not right when it comes to having to complete the palaces in one incursion, of course. But he's right that P4 needed that you knew the culprit because there were no clues to his identity through playing the game normally (I ignore if they did something to address this issue in Golden) as well to how to unlock the last event in the game that lead to fight the "truer" final Boss.

Aselith

Nah, to be serious though, it's just one too many term stacking. Attribute is just stuff like, sleep, confuse, forget etc. etc. You leave a persona with them and they can learn to resist them.

A random resistance? And can you learn multiple resistances or only one? And how long?

Did you screenshot this and just immediately come here to post? The game provides an explanation. It's not Engrish at all.

Their explanation provides more questions than answers

Explain why people (that have used it by the fucking way) are debating what it is if it's made clear?

He's not right when it comes to having to complete the palaces in one incursion, of course. But he's right that P4 needed that you knew the culprit because there were no clues to his identity through playing the game normally (I ignore if they did something to address this issue in Golden) as well to how to unlock the last event in the game that lead to fight the "truer" final Boss.

I don't know if Golden is different but the true endings in P3 and P4 did not hinge on your S. Links or social stats. Yes, the true ending of P4 requires too many non-obvious dialogue prompts but that's not what he was complaining about.

Zolo

A random resistance? And can you learn multiple resistances or only one? And how long?

The ones I put in seemed to learn their elemental weakness resistance first.
A persona can learn multiple.
Seems around a few days.

I think the twins do give a better explanation when you unlock it, and there's probably a review you can do of it in the velvet room.

ramyeon

How can the poster be right about a point they weren't making?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
photo.jpg

Where is this from? Is it just really good fan art? This is the most out of character Yusuke portrait I've ever seen, haha

Xeteh

Aselith

The ones I put in seemed to learn their elemental weakness resistance first.
A persona can learn multiple.
Seems around a few days.

I think the twins do give a better explanation when you unlock it, and there's probably a review you can do of it in the velvet room.

There's an explanation that says they will "help it grow" which implies experience but it seems like that's not the case.

And for growth it says it will learn a resistance and sometimes "something else" so skills maybe? Idk

So I really want to talk about the seriously mega huge late November spoilers do not click this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

That has to be one of the best executed twists I've ever seen in a video game. The game's nonexistent attempt to hide the fact that Akechi is the traitor is baffling thoughout the game. Like there's no way that Atlus would make a twist so obvious right? Well it turns out that isn't even the twist at all! It's actually that he was outsmarted by an insanely awesomely complex plan because your team had known he was sketchy for an entire month. AND it was because of a scene where 90% of the people playing (like me) didn't even realize that Akechi had heard Morgana speak. Not to mention the game completely mindfucks the player, tricking you into thinking you screwed up and got a bad ending before the big reveal. I've seen some stuff online with people stating "Akechi being a traitor isn't the twist" which is crazy to think about. It's a literal red herring plot twist.

The new "Adachi is the killer" has to be "Akechi was beaten by pancakes."
I was so amazed by that moment. And things just kept ramping up from there! I'm really impressed by all the players here who
noticed about the pancakes. Maybe it's more prominent in the English version, but when I checked that scene in question in NG+, I counted 23 lines of dialogue between Morgana uttering it and him entering the scene.

Realistically speaking though, it is absurd to butt into a conversation by talking about something that happened 23 sentences earlier...

Did you talk to Futaba in your room after that? She goes into great detail about all the contingencies the gang had.

Fandangox

Speaking of Yusuke does anyone has a screenshot of the log where he just sort of starts rambling about food in the chat, Ryuji beings typing, and then Yusuke just finishes writing about food.

Opa-Pa

Is it really an insult if it's true? Ryuji is definitely stupid and ignorant, objectively.

Well yeah he's ignorant, but if I have a friend who's ignorant for whatever reason I don't go and call him stupid or make fun of him whenever I have the chance, that's being an ass and with Morgana it stopped being funny really fast.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Speaking of Yusuke does anyone has a screenshot of the log where he just sort of starts rambling about food in the chat, Ryuji beings typing, and then Yusuke just finishes writing about food.
I wanted to screencap this so badly, but my phone was nowhere near me and I was too lazy to go get it.

Antiwhippy

Well yeah he's ignorant, but if I have a friend who's ignorant for whatever reason I don't go and call him stupid or make fun of him whenever I have the chance, that's being an ass and with Morgana it stopped being funny really fast.

To be fair I really want to call him a dumbass multiple times in pretty much the exact moments that morgana calls him one because he was doing dumbass things.

Like (mid-september spoilers)
I really wish this phan-site thing blows up in the team's face soon just to go "DO YOU SEE RYUJI? DO YOU SEE?"

R0ckman

Hope this is the right place to post this, but I just received my copy of the artbook from Amazon Japan, and it's amazing. I might double dip when the English version is released.
It's also considerably beefier than the P3/P4 artbooks. Like 4 times the size!

mFVCMC7.jpg
eykka4k.jpg

Are demon designs in this?

Opa-Pa

To be fair I really want to call him a dumbass multiple times in pretty much the exact moments that morgana calls him one because he was doing dumbass things.

Oh no I agree, he does act stupid many times, but I'm talking about stuff like "Hey guys exams are soon, so make sure to study so you don't get all Fs like dumbass Ryuji!!" or "Are the results of your exams out yet? I bet Ryuji did horribly!!"

There's A LOT of scenes where Morgana makes fun of Ryuji out of nowhere and sometimes it's off-putting, I mean, Ryuji does ignore studying most of the time, but his situation at school is definitely less than ideal.

Shouta

Yeah definitely. She's easily the weakest party member. She sucks at combat, is a boring NPC and her arc/palace was easily the worst one in the game imo. Which is disappointing because I remember her introduction trailer being hyped as fuck.

She can be pretty powerful actually. She doesn't get an attack in the highest damage tier like the other characters but if you focus her on gun attacks, she's really powerful. Towards the end of the game, Ryuji > Haru > Yusuke in terms of physical damage if you build her properly.

Just started playing

Story question:
Is there some kind of stigma in Japan or something? Why is the main character treated like a hopeless criminal when he did a good thing/acted as a good samaritan?

Unless there's more to what happened, then nevermind

I mentioned this earlier in the thread,
IMO, there's a slight screw up in the translation. The game makes it look like you're treated as a criminal for being a good person but it's supposed to come across as you're being treated as a criminal for punching a guy when he's trying to hit on a woman. For as screwed up as Japan can be, there's no way they'd treat someone horrible like this if everyone knew you were doing a good thing.

Antiwhippy

Oh no I agree, he does act stupid many times, but I'm talking about stuff like "Hey guys exams are soon, so make sure to study so you don't get all Fs like dumbass Ryuji!!" or "Are the results of your exams out yet? I bet Ryuji did horribly!!"

There's A LOT of scenes where Morgana makes fun of Ryuji out of nowhere and sometimes it's off-putting, I mean, Ryuji does ignore studying most of the time, but his situation at school is definitely less than ideal.

Dude, he actively boasts about not studying lol. I don't actually hate this part of him, but call a spade a spade.

Like really, I feel like I've probably gone off on him more times than it's fair really, but I don't mind him being dumb, I do get frustrated when
he constantly wants to blow our cover for fame when we're wanted by the authorities. I know why he thinks thatm I just really hate that character trait.

How can the poster be right about a point they weren't making?
He did question if a guide was necessary for the true ending and to that I said yes, P4's big decision that leads to the true ending is so bad thought that you may need some extra help if you don't want to get thebad ending. That's all I said to your reply that no game in the series needed preparation in order to get the true ending or a guide.

Basically it was me shitting on P4 again, so nothing to see here.

Chase17

Palace 5 has been my least favorite so far.

Just got past the first round of
space jumping
so hopefully I'm getting close to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom