• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryhannura

Neo Member
Or if you are at level 19 or beyond, you can fuse Matador which learns Swift Strike, a physical attack that can hit all enemies for 3~4 times each.

It's handy for (second boss)
hitting 3/4 parts of the boss, since you can only use magic attacks on the mouth

I will do it too. Starting to think that I am a bit underleveled at level 16. It's kinda hard to level up on hard...

Post-11/20 spoilers

That part with the confidants that figured out your identity texting you to make sure you're ok was such a neat touch.

Opa-Pa

Does Marin Karin not work on memento bosses? Can't get it to land?

How do do the money cheese

You need to use Pulinpa (or stuff like mind slice) instead, but either way, some bosses are immune to status effects, it's usually the ones that try to use them /against you/. Pisaca, for example.

Opa-Pa

I'm in mid July and I still haven't unlocked the
Hifumi
Confidant.

They say she's at a church, but I don't see one?

They only mention it as a curiosity at first, but they'll talk about her again in one of the texts and the church will unlock right after.

Edit: Ah, so it's stat based? I had no idea.

A.J.

Banned
11/20 spoilers
I picked up on the pancake line but I thought it was just foreshadowing for Akechi to join your party. I never saw him as suspicious because talking to him repeatedly made him seem way to sympathetic and likeable to be a true villain.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone have the list of confidants that need a persona in your party to boost?

Like Chariot does but not strength.

Numb

Just got the game so.....What are the cheats and broken stuff/tech?
heh.png

Auctopus

Mid-July and
Mishima
is starting to get on my nerves. Is that intentional?
I don't like his "this is my doing" self-righteous attitude whilst also having his head half-way up my ass.

Haru max rank confidant

I've been complaining about the awakened personas being a downgrade all the time but this has to take the cake. Where's the gun motif for a Persona that specializes in gun skills? x_x

Weiss

Banned
Anyone have the list of confidants that need a persona in your party to boost?

Like Chariot does but not strength.

OTOH

Chariot
Priestess
Empress
Emperor
Hierophant
Hermit
Star
Temperance
Sun
Fortune
Devil
Death
Lovers
Tower
Hanged Man

I think Moon is just taking requests for Mishima. I've never not ranked up with him.

Weebos

Banned
Beat the 7th Palace last night, just waiting for the results now.

Great game, I know there is still a little more. The fights with Akechi and Shido were fun, I especially loved the battle theme for the Shido fights. I was going to wait on beating it, but it seems like a lot of the party social links can't be advanced while Shido is at large.

I need to stop beelining these palaces and dropping down the calling card. As far as mechanics go, locking yourself into the boss encounter before even knowing you're prepared is dumb as hell. Plus the calling card taking a day itself. It's bs all around

DNAbro

Just got to the end of the 6th palace, I want someone to explain something

How does the calling card work for this one? Do I still fight the boss immediately afterwards or does it force me to wait until a certain time?

Zafir

Just got to the end of the 6th palace, I want someone to explain something

How does the calling card work for this one? Do I still fight the boss immediately afterwards or does it force me to wait until a certain time?

The game will explain momentarily.

RalchAC

My bet for Persona 6 is something based on rumours, urban legends and that kind of stuff. With the dynamism of modern social media, you could have the world being distorted if enough people think something is real. For example, I dunno, if enough people thinks there are Crocodiles in the sewers, they would suddenly appear.

Evil group could try to manipulate people in social media in order to spread rumours and create distortions that benefit them.

Use Pulinpa (confuse).

Pulinpa + Confuse boost is awesome. It's been carried since forever.

I love status effects in this game.

Jintor

My bet for Persona 6 is something based on rumours, urban legends and that kind of stuff. With the dynamism of modern social media, you could have the world being distorted if enough people think something is real. For example, I dunno, if enough people thinks there are Crocodiles in the sewers, they would suddenly appear.

Evil group could try to manipulate people in social media in order to spread rumours and create distortions that benefit them.

wasn't this persona 2 tho

DNAbro

Pulinpa + Confuse boost is awesome. It's been carried since forever.

I love status effects in this game.

isn't that basically Persona 2? I haven't played it but I'm pretty sure there is mechanic to spread rumors that become true.

I feel so silly but I had such a great moment in the game:

I had ran into the wrong red enemy and was getting my ass handed to me. Then the most threatening shadow of the group decided to attack me(MC) and Ann pushed me out the way, took the insta-kill attack and then fucking survived with 1 HP left and we then proceed to kick ass.

So fucking glad I went with her.

RalchAC

wasn't this persona 2 tho

isn't that basically Persona 2? I haven't played it but I'm pretty sure there is mechanic to spread rumors that become true.

Thanks for reminding me I have to play Persona 2 :p

But, in any case, I think in the current society it'd be a very interesting story to tell. Because of how social media works and all, there would be plenty of differences with a game that's 15 years old.

A question about the
teacher
social link: how do you have her do laundry once you unlock that ability?

Go to the laundry, proceed as normal, once you've put everything on the washing machine you can choose to pay her or do it yourself.

I feel kind of bad when I make her do the laundry. But hey, I'm playing a fair amount of money. I'd totally watch after anybody's laundry at that price.

daevious

11/10
I'm amazed how the heroes are not suspicious about Akechi who knows a bit too well about everything (dungeon, sister, phantom thieves) and now he just asked them to wait a specific time. Take the hints heroes!

Please post back when you get to the end of that dungeon, I want to hear your reaction.

Yes, unfortunately. Mementos will have all of them when you're late enough in the game.

I see. I'm trying for max link on my new game plus without a guide so will see how it is. Trying the English dub this time and honestly only weak point is makoto. Sojiro sounds great in the English dub. Think it's papa Nier voice actor so might be a bit bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom