• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dont tell me, but the last palace / ending better be in
"real time", aka after the interrogation

PK Gaming

Luck affects your evasion so I wouldn't call it useless. His endurance is pretty bad too. Still, he's good for cheap curse casts so I guess he's useful to a certain degree.

I could always just manipulate the level up stat gains for more endurance, but I haven't found myself needing it all that much. High level armor has a higher effect on improving defense.

Also luck has a considerably smaller effect on evasion than Agility.

Luck is not a trash stat at all.

It doesn't do much. I don't know if its effects changed from 4, but it barely affects base evasion, and it only helps in landing critical hits.

Really enjoying this so far. Six hours in and the time has flown by. It's my first JRPG, and I'm glad I decided to give it a chance. Every aspect of the game has been pretty engrossing and I'm surprised how I'm enjoying the real life stuff as much as the combat and dungeons

Oh man, the references to real life tv shows and movies are amazing, those voice overs are too much. Just watched the X-folders lol.

I also love how fast the game loads, quick travel takes 2 seconds. Great stuff.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone tell me how to fuse a Yoshitsune with all the absorb/drain skills it needs to be unstoppable?

I can't seem to figure it out and don't want to waste a ton of money trying, if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

zulux21

hmmm just finished up palace 3 at a gameplay time
of 27 hours and 12 min.

now what to do with my free time.

I should likely go to momentos and waste some time there since I am still using the same weapons/armor I was in palace 1 lol (I put all my money in
sp regen items
:p)

I'm not a fan of the 3rd palace. Way too many enemies who are resistant to physical damage.
which is why you get a certain accessory and just spam magic :p
I'm starting this game tonight. I've played through P4G 3 times. but any tips for a kinda newbie to make life easier?

not really sure how anyone who has played through persona 4 3 times can be considered a kinda newbie.
just apply what you learned from persona 4 p5 really isn't designed very differently from that.

Lunar15

Really enjoying this so far. Six hours in and the time has flown by. It's my first JRPG, and I'm glad I decided to give it a chance. Every aspect of the game has been pretty engrossing and I'm surprised how I'm enjoying the real life stuff as much as the combat and dungeons

Glad you like it. It's got some warts, but god damn if it isn't one of the most confident games I've played since The Witcher 3. It knows exactly what it wants to do and does it.

Toki767

Are there any easily missable confidants?

I just got the Sun confidant who wasn't hidden, but took ab it of work to get started.

Fortune confidant requires you to
buy a 100K item to start it

Other confidants may require a certain rank for your social stats too.

Weebos

Banned

I just got the Sun confidant who wasn't hidden, but took ab it of work to get started.

Tower requires you to do a Mementos quest before you can start it, but it is part of that questline so as long as you're occasionally dipping into Mementos you should be good.

Tower is the easiest miss. It's
tied to a Mementos quest/encounter you have to do before you can speak to him related to a cheater at the arcade.

The saddest part of finishing this game in my current state is that I'm entering the
second to last
dungeon at level 63 and most of the ultimate personas don't start until like the high 70s. So all of the cool personas I won't be able to grab.

And I'm not going to grind only to get a high level persona and then make these dungeons into a joke.

CHC

Soooo I really feel like they need to change things around with the negotiating for items / money. The items the demons give you are terrible, and the money is a pittance compared to the XP you're missing out on. It seems better to just do a beat-down in all cases unless you actually want the persona itself, right?

Weebos

Banned
The saddest part of finishing this game in my current state is that I'm entering the
second to last
dungeon at level 63 and most of the ultimate personas don't start until like the high 70s. So all of the cool personas I won't be able to grab.

And I'm not going to grind only to get a high level persona and then make these dungeons into a joke.

If you finish Strength
you can fuse personas of a higher level than you by paying some money.

Curufinwe

Thanks all.

I am at 5/20 and am fully up to date on Mementos, so I should be good. I'm really glad they included a random level dungeon as a bonus to go along with the palaces. It's fun and a bit nostalgic for me to just wander around a Tartarus-type structure again. And the
cat bus
was a great surprise.

Hikami

Just finished the game. 116 hours.. whew.
Loved it, P5 > P4 > P3 for me. They just keep getting better.

Managed to max out all confidants except 2.. didn't use any guides or anything.
Wish I would've focused on
Temperance
and
Fortune
confidants earlier, they save a lot of time.

Time for NG+ with English voices now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn story moments on Sundays stealing my juice time :(

LiK

Holy shit, still finding new Confidants. Maybe I could've initiated earlier but it's amazing how many SLinks are in this game. Once again, can't wait to replay with a guide to max out everyone. So far I'm doing well keeping up but I feel like I won't max everyone before I beat it.

Guys, I'm pretty early in my attempt to max-all-social-links-without-a-guide run and I have a question because I don't remember: what do I need for the Temperance SL? Was it guts? If so, how much?

I'm using several save slots to try to give me some chance to "go back in time" to try to get the most out of my time. It's the first time I do something like his.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I think the social stuff can be really hard to sell people. On paper, why would anyone want to simulate high school life? It sounds mundane at best and lame/creepy at worst. But the characters are so likeable and the interactions are so natural that it's so easy to slip into it all.

Toki767

I imagine it must be a lot easier to max out all S-Links on the second playthrough as you don't have to worry about social stats anymore right?

Weebos

Banned
I imagine it must be a lot easier to max out all S-Links on the second playthrough as you don't have to worry about social stats anymore right?

Certainly seems that way, I'm not going to bother with a guide for Confidants on NG+. I've maxed most of my links out already in my first run.

how much is a lot? I have like 4 million. More than that for at least like
Alice
?

You have plenty lol.

Xeteh

Guys, I'm pretty early in my attempt to max-all-social-links-without-a-guide run and I have a question because I don't remember: what do I need for the Temperance SL? Was it guts? If so, how much?

I'm using several save slots to try to give me some chance to "go back in time" to try to get the most out of my time. It's the first time I make something like his.

I want to say its like 3 Guts for it but I could be wrong.

daveo42

Banned

I'm using several save slots to try to give me some chance to "go back in time" to try to get the most out of my time. It's the first time I make something like his.

Guts rank 3 if I remember right.

Correct. You can actually start on Hanged Man
Iwai
in May as opposed to closer to August/September. As well you can skip over most of the other barriers that pop up on confidant ranks.

Everything Yusuke does is hilarious it's probably my favorite character in the series.

Also 9/3 spoilers
I wasn't ready for that Dragon Ball reference

Toki767

So was I wrong in thinking that Yusuke
was potentially gay when he's first introduced? I know he isn't because of course he isn't cause they did the same thing with Kanji.

Chaos17

Yusuke....

Poor dude, he only live with his scholarship, he dodesn't have a home anymore neither guarante always be able to eat food :( Atlus, should let me be his roomate forever \o/

So was I wrong in thinking that Yusuke
was potentially gay when he's first introduced? I know he isn't because of course he isn't cause they did the same thing with Kanji.
I don't know where you got that feeling, he was interested physically in Ann since day 1, lol
Exampla: he was so flusterred when she was taking off her cloth and he is leech like the other boys XD
Also the game secretly ship them, he always catch her, she always listen to him closely and feel bad for him.

question about 4th palace boss

boss was close to death. i had 3 inflicted with despair with no cure, MC was among them. boss was trying to finish me off with her dive but mc was immune. i got the gun scene next where the mc finishes her off. is this scripted? or did i reflect damage back to her somehow?

N30RYU

Beated the third boss... right now it have been all quite easy (all bosses beated at first try).

The hardest part for me right now was the start of the 3rd Castle since a few Rage habilities have killed me 3 times before taking it more seriously.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
dont tell me, but the last palace / ending better be in
"real time", aka after the interrogation
Well, I'd confirm yes or no, but you said not to, so...

7th Palace MAJOR SPOILERS:
Holy shit Persona has some of the most terrifyingly good portraits wow. Now I like Akechi and Alleycat playing really sealed that scene for me

Zakalwe

Banned
Not sure if these are spoilers, 3rd month dungeon stuff.

Are
treasure demons
supposed to be rare? I've found 3 in the same
Momentos
run

Chaos17

question about 4th palace boss

boss was close to death. i had 3 inflicted with despair with no cure, MC was among them. boss was trying to finish me off with her dive but mc was immune. i got the gun scene next where the mc finishes her off. is this scripted? or did i reflect damage back to her somehow?
Scripted

I want to say its like 3 Guts for it but I could be wrong.

Guts rank 3 if I remember right.

Correct. You can actually start on Hanged Man
Iwai
in May as opposed to closer to August/September. As well you can skip over most of the other barriers that pop up on confidant ranks.

Thanks. I want to start her SL as soon as possible, I'm already Rank 4 with the Death SL. Have to max those 2 + Fortune asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom