• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat feel when you beat a palace on the first day and still have 24 days before the deadline.

iiwvrfj5ssdf8kdopa.gif

On the other hand, don't tell me that (post 4th palace spoiler)
Futaba is going to be sleeping for 24 fucking days... Getting some major P4 flashbacks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nice deadline on the third palace at least.

Edit: damn even with the discount the sp regen accessories are 50k each :eek:

I should have take not of every Yusuke's lines that made me laugh.

It's been a while since a liked a character so much. The best part about him is that he feels totally out of the place but also absolutely needed

Mid-September Spoilers:

I really wish the game would play more with your expectations when Morgana is gone. They could have done a lot of really fun things with the template of when Morgana speaks to you (telling you to go to bed, the snarky responses after answering a question, etc.) but instead they just replace them with standard thought bubbles or drop them whole cloth.

The player expects Morgana in those moments so it would have been satisfying to see that reflected in Joker. Like... in class, after a question, instead of just dropping the traditional Mona tag, what if Joker thought "Class feels kind of lonely today..." At night, when you're being forced to go to bed, they could have acknowledged that Morgana would have recommended you sleep. Hell, why not have a scene where you decide to stay up despite being tired (since no one is babysitting you) and then you feel terrible the next day or end up ill. Like, "Wow. Morgana was right all along."

As brilliant as this game is, they truly hesitate to subvert the expectations of the player mechanically and (for the most part) narratively. Not saying they'd have to but... it feels like some missed opportunities there.

gun_haver

I should have take not of every Yusuke's lines that made me laugh.

It's been a while since a liked a character so much. The best part about him is that he feels totally out of the place but also absolutely needed

I hated him at first cos I didn't like his introductory storyline, but I've come to like him enough to use him a bit in my team and even do some of his confidant days now. Somebody said they liked him better when they realised he was supposed to come off ass eccentric rather than pretentious (and Yusuke calls himself eccentric at one point so they make that explicit). I just didn't like the art stuff. When media tries to portray art (meaning art = boring paintings) it comes off terribly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
7th Palace MAJOR SPOILERS:
THAT CALLING CARD OH MY GOD NOW IT'S TIME TO CHANGE HIS HEART
I'm gushing so much now
The protagonist speaking a full fledged line threw me off here. In a good way. It wasn't just a quip, it was like a full sentence.

Chaos17

Dat feel when you beat a palace on the first day and still have 24 days before the deadline.

iiwvrfj5ssdf8kdopa.gif

On the other hand, don't tell me that (post 4th palace spoiler)
Futaba is going to be sleeping for 24 fucking days... Getting some major P4 flashbacks.

She is, take that time to max your kindness so you do her S-link+Sojiro.
I recommend them since they're the closest people to the main story so they add a bit of depth about the story of each other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the
fortune teller
only there in certain nights? I talked to her during the story segment and she told me to go back at night but I cant find her for the life of me and
shinjuku
isnt that big.

Qurupeke

About Palace 7, after everything I had heard, it was very enjoyable. One of my top palaces actually. Dope bossfight, fantastic music, the puzzles were fun and the whole place looked good. I feel the save points could have been arranged better though, but in any case, this felt like a good place to test both stealth and fight capabilities.

As for the Palaces ranking: 7>1>6>4>2>>>3>>>>5

12/24
I was certain there wasn't any palace but then Mementos Depths appears... Oh god, this is awful. I'm on a saved point right now, please tell me there's a way to replenish SP later. And please tell me that the boss fight doesn't follow immediately...

So why am I blocked from changing Personas sometimes? I just got a game over because I couldn't swap to hit the weakness of the 5th shadow in a group after getting the first 4.

I hated him at first cos I didn't like his introductory storyline, but I've come to like him enough to use him a bit in my team and even do some of his confidant days now. Somebody said they liked him better when they realised he was supposed to come off ass eccentric rather than pretentious (and Yusuke calls himself eccentric at one point so they make that explicit). I just didn't like the art stuff. When media tries to portray art (meaning art = boring paintings) it comes off terribly.

Yeah he is more of an eccentric guy (and also I didn't liked him at first)

Though I don't understand about what you are saying about the way the game portrays art is actually great I don't want to go into details since it spoilers but the second arc of this game is all about
have respect for art and respect who draws it

Neoweee

So why am I blocked from changing Personas sometimes? I just got a game over because I couldn't swap to hit the weakness of the 5th shadow in a group after getting the first 4.

You can only change once per turn. So you can't swap, hit weakness, and then swap again.

Sciel

About Palace 7, after everything I had heard, it was very enjoyable. One of my top palaces actually. Dope bossfight, fantastic music, the puzzles were fun and the whole place looked good. I feel the save points could have been arranged better though, but in any case, this felt like a good place to test both stealth and fight capabilities.

11/24
I was certain there wasn't any palace but then Mementos Depths appears... Oh god, this is awful. I'm on a saved point right now, please tell me there's a way to replenish SP later. And please tell me that the boss fight doesn't follow immediately...
Yes Palace 5 was truly awful. The
space segments segments where you had to trigger certain switches
really pissed me off.

Go back to the Velvet Room door. Justine/Caroline will restore your SP for free.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Is the
fortune teller
only there in certain nights? I talked to her during the story segment and she told me to go back at night but I cant find her for the life of me and
shinjuku
isnt that big.

She isn't there in the rain, but should be most of the rest of the time.

Rhaknar

She isn't there in the rain, but should be most of the rest of the time.

ah it was raining. And im not even sure if she was even "triggered" because right after that evening I got a scene at the train where I overhear studants talking about her and Mona says we should go there at night.

mike6467

I'm finishing up palace 4, absolutely loved it and how it changed the formula up.

I'm reading all this shit about 5. Is there anything I can do/get that would make it less of a pain? Any preparation at all? Or do I just jump in so I can get it over with?

Qurupeke

I'm finishing up palace 4, absolutely loved it and how it changed the formula up.

I'm reading all this shit about 5. Is there anything I can do/get that would make it less of a pain? Any preparation at all? Or do I just jump in so I can get it over with?

You could always grind to make a segment at the start less punishing, but honestly, it's not that terrible, certainly not a difficulty spike or anything. Just an annoying dungeon.

Toki767

I really wish future games get rid of the anime cutscenes. The in game engine looks so much better than some of the shoddy animation.

I really wish future games get rid of the anime cutscenes. The in game engine looks so much better than some of the shoddy animation.

The animation, art quality, colors, and tone don't match the game at all. I dread the anime cutscenes in P5. Every single one has served only to take me out of the experience. Now the rare in-engine cutscenes? Those rock. And are probably a lot cheaper to produce. Hopefully they drop the anime entirely in P6.

11/24

Ehh talk to that velvet girl

Totakeke

12/24

Fix your spoiler date.

Here's a little QoL improvement I discovered, when there is a spot to jump up, across or down something, you can just hold down X rather than pressing it when the game gives you the prompt. This makes traversing spots with lots of jumps between platforms less tedious, since you just need to hold X rather than press it every single time.

Alucrid

Banned
Here's a little QoL improvement I discovered, when there is a spot to jump up, across or down something, you can just hold down X rather than pressing it when the game gives you the prompt. This makes traversing spots with lots of jumps between platforms less tedious, since you just need to hold X rather than press it every single time.

you can also just hold sprint and it'll do it for you automatically

Weebos

Banned

This also happens if you're sprinting.

7th Dungeon Spoiler
Is it just me or does Akechi's 2nd form armor look like Gut's armor from Berserk?The fact that it drives people crazy but increases their attack can't be a coincidence

Sölf

Beat Palace 4, started Dating Ann, got the politician to 9, got a few other SLs up, did several Mementos Quests and am now at the start of September. ~58 hours of playtime so far.

Game is still good.

So, any help witht the... 5th (?) Summon quest? I need... something with Dodge Psy. I am pretty sure I had a Persona with Dodge Psy at one point, but I think I forgot the spell and and now I can't find a single Persona (up to level 35 with a few missing ones) that actually has that skill. Any help here?

nOoblet16

7th palace...this is gonna be a chore huh.
I found it much better than 5th because 5th did the same thing with padding but much worse due to a considerably worse dungeon design and soundtrack. I think palace 6 and 7 have the best setting by a long shot.

nOoblet16

I'll give you something better, you can do the same by holding down R2 meaning you can run, approach something and automatically jump and continue to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom