• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Just to be clear, buying just one is fine, but you guys mean the Level 3 adhesive or does it not matter?

Yeah, the level 3. Its really worth it since it lets you stay in dungeons longer which lets you earn more cash and frees up more time.

Megido pisses me off so much. I get the
coffin boss in the 4th palace down to low health and he just instantly ko's my entire party

Anything I can do to protect myself from that attack?

silva1991

Ryuji's social link

spoilers

What's the deal with yamauchi's drinking schedule? I read that Ryuji will message me about it, but it's 6/29 and I still didn't get shit from him.

Xeteh

Lol jeez. I always had a feeling I played these games slow but not THAT slow.

Are you the type of person that talks to every NPC between chapters or something? I was worried I was going through the game too quick but I still ended up around 93 hours when I beat the game.

FluxWaveZ

Are you the type of person that talks to every NPC between chapters or something? I was worried I was going through the game too quick but I still ended up around 93 hours when I beat the game.

I mean, I did that a lot too. There are some neat sub-stories going on. Not on the level of a Trails of Cold Steel, but decent enough.

Toki767

Ryuji's social link

spoilers

What's the deal with yamauchi's drinking schedule? I read that Ryuji will message me about it, but it's 6/29 and I still didn't get shit from him.

Pretty sure
It'll be during the evening, but after like a week from him mentioning it.

mike6467

Lol jeez. I always had a feeling I played these games slow but not THAT slow.

I just beat the 4th palace at 68 hours :p I've probably spent 10-15 hours playing with fusions, and a lot of time just walking around. For reference, my Yakuza 0 playthrough took 110 hours. I definitely take my time heh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goddamn that palace 3 mini boss with the
3 samurai guys
, I actually thought the palace was easy up until this point but I actually had to use healing items and revival beads, he kept killing my guys :/

in fact im gonna leave it here, save room in the next zone (last?) and I gotta get ready for work and time just completely gets away from you when youre playing this shit, its ridiculous.

Ryuji's social link

spoilers

I think its one of those cases where you won't be able to advance until a certain date, but if I remember correctly you shouldn't be too far off until you can continue.

Xeteh

I do a lot of that, yeah.

I mean, I did that a lot too. There are some neat sub-stories going on. Not on the level of a Trails of Cold Steel, but decent enough.

I've never been able to do that. I did end up doing it in NG+ for Trails of Cold Steel because of the platinum and I wish I was more of that type of player because those stories were really awesome but unless I'm compelled to I can't bring myself to do that consistently.

First time I played the game it took me 173 hours to beat it:

Cyv1a4EVIAIw1ik.jpg

Nose Master

Before I continue to save scum, is it possible to (uhhh, time spending mechanics spoilers around palace 3/4?):
beat the Gambla Goemon game's second part on the first try? I'm like 0/6 atm.

TheFlow

Banned
I am on the 3rd dungeon with 23 hours. 2 hours I left the game on.

but this from a guy who beat persona 4 twice, and played a lot of 3.

Chaos17

Before I continue to save scum, is it possible to (uhhh, time spending mechanics spoilers around palace 3/4?):
beat the Gambla Goemon game's second part on the first try? I'm like 0/6 atm.

Yes, you can go as fa as you can. Story will story when it wants.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am on the 3rd dungeon with 23 hours. 2 hours I left the game on.

but this from a guy who beat persona 4 twice, and played a lot of 3.

either youre rushing or im slow, im on palace 3 with 36 hours

Taruranto

How many coffee do you need for Hierophant Rank 3?

Almost done with Temperance and Death. Death was overall pretty nice, probably the best one so far. Temperance was utterly idiotic and all over the place thematically, it just feels like someone had a
teacher-maid
fetish and really wanted it into the story.

Next one is probably going to be Emperor I guess, since I have the required Proficiency. Makoto is still stuck at Rank 5, not sure if I should max Charm asap and waste the extra points the game gives you later. I like her character but her S.Link has been kinda boring so far.

TheFlow

Banned
either youre rushing or im slow, im on palace 3 with 36 hours

you are slow. lol. I spent a lot time grinding in the mementos today. Got like 800.

non story days go by extremely fast, and I only fuse the personas that will benefit me instead of trying to max out the compendium on my first run.

Xeteh

How many coffee do you need for Hierophant Rank 3?

Almost done with Temperance and Death. Death was overall pretty nice, probably the best one so far. Temperance was utterly idiotic and all over the place thematically, it just feels like someone had a
teacher-maid
fetish and really wanted it into the story.

Next one is probably going to be Emperor I guess, since I have the required Proficiency. Makoto is still stuck at Rank 5, not sure if I should max Charm asap and waste the extra points the game gives you later. I like her character but her S.Link has been kinda boring so far.

A few but Sojiro's link also gets gated behind story progression too. I think until some time in August.

Rhaknar

you are slow. lol. I spent a lot time grinding in the mementos today. Got like 800.

non story days go by extremely fast, and I only fuse the personas that will benefit me instead of trying to max out the compendium on my first run.

or, you know... everyone else is above my time in the same spot, so maybe youre rushing :3

do you skip the dialogue for example? I listen to all of it (even in japanese)

Rhaknar

Shoutouts to the confuse money farm. Messed around and scooped up 1.8M yen while memento diving lmao

yeah I need to go do that when im done with palace 3, to buy 3 more sp items (man what a difference it makes, I have one on the MC) and the
fortune teller
fee

TheFlow

Banned
Shoutouts to the confuse money farm. Messed around and scooped up 1.8M yen while memento diving lmao

I honestly would of been struggling for money if it wasn't for this thread. It really is a game changer and makes a lot of things less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom