• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyful

just got my copy on ps3~

is the persona 4 costumes not out yet, I only see the persona 3 ones on ps store?

I want the catherine costumes the most but i aint waitin till next month
i havent been on psn so long apparently they gave me 10$ for free sometimes

Hasney

Was going to start on the second play through for the platinum tomorrow, but it's got a trophy for advisor lines again. That's what annoyed me and ending up stopping me from getting the P4G one, so I'll leave it most likely, unless it's easier this time?

nOoblet16

That exact same thing happened to me.
Joker had more HP than anyone in the party and was at full health, I had JUST been thinking to myself that I finally figured out my party and I was destroying her, no problems. Then she did that shit and Joker was the only one that died. I was so salty.

I took it as "taking it back from the corrupt politicians".
I see.
The calling card didn't really make much sense if I think about it, if everyone knew the phantom thieves were going for him before they actually did then they would probably disregard any change he shows by saying the Phantom thieves made him say all of that as they are 50-50 on this matter. I know even if they had not gone public they would have said that but atleast their involvement wouldn't have been confirmed directly by the phantom thieves and people would be more inclined to believe Shido's confessions once he goes through a change.

Hasney

just got my copy on ps3~

is the persona 4 costumes not out yet, I only see the persona 3 ones on ps store?

I want the catherine costumes the most but i aint waitin till next month
i havent been on psn so long apparently they gave me 10$ for free sometimes

The P4 set is there. While I love the music in general, the battle theme wasn't as good as Time to Make History, so I had to get it.

PK Gaming

Wow, the presentation has really come a long way from P4, hasn't it?

Also the thing about P5 that struck me is that it feels like urban city life. I know P3 was also this, but P3 felt so clean and composed compared to 5, like comparing an upscale private school to a normal public school. P5 is full of urban grittiness and feels more "level" than P3. It even reflects in your house. Fancy private dorm vs. attic of a grumpy cafe owner. I thought it would just be a somewhat repeat of 3's city life, but boy am I glad I was wrong.

Adding to this, I love how you could easily go back to the previous Persona games, despite the advancements to gameplay/writing, because they're still very much different experiences.

Was going to start on the second play through for the platinum tomorrow, but it's got a trophy for advisor lines again. That's what annoyed me and ending up stopping me from getting the P4G one, so I'll leave it most likely, unless it's easier this time?
I got it without even trying on my first playthrough. Just try to be versatile with your party selection in dungeons.

Thud

So I'm nearing the end I think as I reached
December
. Should I do the calling card early?

Can I raise confidant ranks of my party?

*Sigh* I'm glad I saved right before because Anubis is the first encounter of bullshit

I fused Isis and he literally couldn't do anything to my MC. He was able to kill a party member from time to time but I used only physical attacks on him to let my party SP build it from the accessory. I enjoyed fighting him.

Fuck this brainwashing motherfucking asshole in mementos who somehow always manages to brainwash everyone even with a sukunda on him and somehow always avoids getting taunted

Fuck

MechaX

Hahaha Brainwash is so dumb.

Spoilers for 4th Palace:
Miniboss decides to use brainwash and then spam Magarudyne to wipe everyone but the MC. Reloaded, slapped a Wind Null Persona on the MC, and tried to get my party members killed as fast as possible so they won't waste SP. Then proceed to set the game on autobattle and... it's been going on for like 3 minutes since the boss can't kill me. This status effect is so fucking dumb for it to be party wide.

Zolo

Hahaha Brainwash is so dumb.

Spoilers for 4th Palace:
Miniboss decides to use brainwash and then spam Magarudyne to wipe everyone but the MC. Reloaded, slapped a Wind Null Persona on the MC, and tried to get my party members killed as fast as possible so they won't waste SP. Then proceed to set the game on autobattle and... it's been going on for like 3 minutes since the boss can't kill me. This status effect is so fucking dumb for it to be party wide.

Couldn't you go with the P5 MC alone by removing all the party members in the stats screen?

Stalwart

Yo guys I'm at endgame now, does anybody know where I can find info on A) items dropped by personas (trying to make a treasure trap so those demons will spawn) and B) what sections of the mementos the treasure demons spawn in?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I captured one of those diamond demons, what are those good for again?

I hate the dungeons in this game and am playing on easy.

The stealth, the SP drain, the length, the fact that you have to go in multiple calendar days... ugh, it's so tedious. I really don't like them at all.
So are you literally going straight to sleep during the evening? (I notice some are actually doing this for whatever reason)

TheFlow

Banned
Yo guys I'm at endgame now, does anybody know where I can find info on A) items dropped by personas (trying to make a treasure trap so those demons will spawn) and B) what sections of the mementos the treasure demons spawn in?

rainy days increases treasure demons. found this out randomly when grinding, and then later looked it up.

Kindekuma

Banned
Currently in early July, just before finals.

Regarding the maid, do I need to raise any stat because I can't really seem to get her S.Link to go up any higher. It's kind of like Sojiro where his S.Link won't go any higher.

TheFlow

Banned
Currently in early July, just before finals.

Regarding the maid, do I need to raise any stat because I can't really seem to get her S.Link to go up any higher. It's kind of like Sojiro where his S.Link won't go any higher.

nothing is needed. just have a temperance persona and keep going at it.

Fuuuuuck think I may have just accidentally spoiled myself :/

(Not because of you guys but another site. And I'm so close to the end too goddammit)

nOoblet16

If you guys aren't fusing personas with null and especially damage repel then you are doing it wrong. It's hilarious to see a boss try to hit me only for the attack to hit the boss back while I laugh. It works even better if you have one of those items that makes enemies focus heavily on one character.

I'm like level 60 and I am still using a level 34 maharbaki something, eventh it is like half the level of my other personas I use it because that persona has lots of repel, null and strong traits..more so than any other I've seen.

If you guys aren't fusing personas with null and especially damage repel then you are doing it wrong. It's hilarious to see a boss try to hit me only for the attack to hit the boss back while I laugh. It works even better if you have one of those items that makes enemies focus heavily on one character.

I'm like level 60 and I am still using a level 34 maharbaki something, eventh it is like half the level of my other personas I use it because that persona has lots of repel, null and strong traits..more so than any other I've seen.

Yuuup. Was just doing this too the 6th Palace boss.
Was basically untouchable that fight since she only uses physical attacks which I repelled. Until she used her bullshit ultimate :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom