• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

So how do the SP patches work? If I have one equiped can I just afk in a safe room and it'll charge on its own? Thinking of hoarding my money and buying one if it can help me grind.

You have to be in a battle. You regain SP every turn.

That said, you could go into a battle with a weak enemy and just guard until your SP is full.

So how do the SP patches work? If I have one equiped can I just afk in a safe room and it'll charge on its own? Thinking of hoarding my money and buying one if it can help me grind.

It's a fixed amount of SP at the start of the character's turn in battle. No charging happens in safe rooms or generally outside of battle.

Xeteh

I like how multiple times during the game someone approaches Joker to ask him about something and you get the option to say something like "Ryuji knows" full well knowing he doesn't know shit about it.

You have to be in a battle. You regain SP every turn.

That said, you could go into a battle with a weak enemy and just guard until your SP is full.

It's a fixed amount of SP at the start of the character's turn in battle. No charging happens in safe rooms or generally outside of battle.

Dang that's what I was afraid of. Still, might just grab a couple of the cheaper ones instead of the 100k one.

Xeteh

Makoto's max confidant...
replacing the motorcycle is almost criminal.
Why do this Atlus T.T

When I saw it I was hoping that she'd still ride it when you open her persona menu but when she casts a spell it flips her off (all cool and shit) and transforms.

Nimby

Banned
Makoto's max confidant...
replacing the motorcycle is almost criminal.
Why do this Atlus T.T

It still is.
It just stands up now too. I haven't used it in battle tho

ULTIMATE Persona stuff: They all look cooler than what people were saying. I like them all more than the standard, minus Yusuke, Makoto is probably my favorite. And I haven't gotten Morgana, Haru or Futaba yet.

RPGCrazied

Winners Don't Use Cheats? request,
I ID'd the guy and talked to the kid in the Arcade now he wants his name posted on the Phan-Site, but have no clue who to talk to next?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can you switch characters mid dungeon? Like in a safe room? Ryuji is almost drained but I have a fresh Makoto.

Nose Master

Post Palace 4 spoilers / question:
Given the length, I assumed that I had to finish Futaba *and* Medjed's palace before the deadline. It's coming up though, and Futaba is still passed out or whatever. I'm assuming she just hacks the gibson the day before and their threat is neutralized? Game has scared me into guilt from all this free time.

Chaos17

Futaba rank 7 S-Link
Fack Atlus, why didn't made the other S-link interesting as her ?

Given the length, I assumed that I had to finish Futaba *and* Medjed's palace before the deadline. It's coming up though, and Futaba is still passed out or whatever. I'm assuming she just hacks the gibson the day before and their threat is neutralized? Game has scared me into guilt from all this free time.
Yes

Xeteh

Winners Don't Use Cheats? request,
I ID'd the guy and talked to the kid in the Arcade now he wants his name posted on the Phan-Site, but have no clue who to talk to next?

Futaba

Keep playing.

(Palace 8 Spoilers)
I'm trying so hard not to rush but I really want to fuck these Shido supporter guys up. Hopefully I don't need any new equipment because I totally forgot to get some new stuff lol. I guess if I get wrecked I can become an OP God with that strength Confidant rank 10 power.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hierophant Request question:
So Futaba messaged me with the name, but when I go to Mementos he's not there? Is there a step I'm missing?

Xeteh

Is 3 the only one worth buying?

And how many? 4 of them?

One of them on either the MC (if you're using him to knock shadows down constantly) or on your healer (and abuse physical skills) makes a huge difference. You can last with just 1 until you raise Death up to 7 for that 50% discount.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Hierophant Request question:
So Futaba messaged me with the name, but when I go to Mementos he's not there? Is there a step I'm missing?

You have to talk to Futaba in front of the cafe to do that request, it's special.

Frimaire

Is 3 the only one worth buying?

And how many? 4 of them?

Might as well buy the rank 3 one, spell costs are only gonna go up.
I got one for my MC but eventually I ended up buying 4 total.
just be sure to get death up to rank
7, it gives 50% off
Honestly, it's not all that much money in the grand scheme of things...

Soriku

1 is basically all you need for a healer.

I bought 3 at first but then I got a ton of money after doing an hour Mementos so I bought a 4th one.

One of them on either the MC (if you're using him to knock shadows down constantly) or on your healer (and abuse physical skills) makes a huge difference. You can last with just 1 until you raise Death up to 7 for that 50% discount.

Just to be clear, buying just one is fine, but you guys mean the Level 3 adhesive or does it not matter?

Just beat Palace 4, probably my favorite so far. Really liked the change of pace from the previous palaces, really enjoyed the story and themes the arc covered too. Also the
egyptian
theme of the palace was cool and the music was fantastic.

Also just maxed out Ryuji's confidant, really enjoyed his as it gave him some character development that he doesn't quite get in the main story. His new persona looks cool but I think I still prefer Captain Kidd overall.

Jintor

i'm only halfway through September but I'm really feeling like this has hit a bit of a lull. Everything here moves too fast and you spend most of your time hitting X.

It also brings the less personal nature of the targets to the fore.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, it's raining. No wonder. She mentions just doing it alone, is it separate from a regular mementos run?

Yeah, you go straight to the boss, no Mementos visit. I had quite a bit of difficulty with that one actually since it's a totally solo fight.

Toki767

Just to be clear, buying just one is fine, but you guys mean the Level 3 adhesive or does it not matter?

Level 3 is highly recommended because it restores 7 SP per turn.

If you plan at all to do the confusing Mementos bosses trick to gain quick money, 7 SP per turn will mean you never run out of SP in battle since Pulinpa only costs 5 SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom