• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol jeez. I always had a feeling I played these games slow but not THAT slow.

I'm at 57 hours and I'm about to hit the last dungeon, normal mode, but honestly, who cares if you're playing through it slowly? I'm playing through it as fast as I can and I know I'm probably missing out on a lot of stuff, but I am trying to clear the game as fast as I can before a vacation.

Just play the game and enjoy it, don't worry about your playtime. You only get to experience a game like this once. Once you beat a game, it loses its magic, you'll never have that first experience again. So have fun!

Two questions where the answers are technically spoilery but more in a gameplay sense than a story sense:

-What month does the game end on (ie when should I count on running out of free time to do confidants and shit?)

-What in-game date do I start getting choices/events that determine what ending I get (ie when do I start hardcore save scumming)? I presume it'll be obvious or even outright told to me like it was in 3/4 but it's a 100+ hour game so I'm paranoid.

Xeteh

Man, I love the interactions in this game.

5/20 spoiler:

Yusuke: By the way, what is this? (pointing at Morgana)
Ryuji: Huh? A cat.
Yusuke: But it's talking.
Morgana: You have a problem with that!?
Yusuke: No, not really.
Ryuji: Why not?

*Sigh* I'm glad I saved right before because Anubis is the first encounter of bullshit

Isis and status effects.

ramyeon

Getting trolled hard by the RNG in Mementos. Every single chest on the last 3 floors has given me the same weapon for Makoto over and over again.

ST2K

Two questions where the answers are technically spoilery but more in a gameplay sense than a story sense:

-What month does the game end on (ie when should I count on running out of free time to do confidants and shit?)

-What in-game date do I start getting choices/events that determine what ending I get (ie when do I start hardcore save scumming)? I presume it'll be obvious or even outright told to me like it was in 3/4 but it's a 100+ hour game so I'm paranoid.

- Last free time window is in the run up to Christmas. The game explicitly tells you to focus on your bonds.

- First bad ending you can get is in... September, I believe. The next is in December. I wouldn't worry too much about screwing it up, as they make it pretty obvious.

Xeteh

Getting trolled hard by the RNG in Mementos. Every single chest on the last 3 floors has given me the same weapon for Makoto over and over again.

The chests down there always seemed garbage, especially the locked ones. I stopped wasting lockpicks on them.

The game straight up tells you at a point: Shit is about to happen, you should probably save here.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not only is the bad ending choice obvious, if you try to choose it, the game hits you with a "I don't think this is the right thing to do... do it anyway?" warning

Hasney

best Valentines Day ever

Y7crKEu.jpg

Exactly why I chose to romance everyone. The fallout was much better than P4 where all the other girls just meekly gave chocolates and left.

Loved the game, was good from the start, but I didn't think it was topping P4 until the second half of the game and then it somehow surpassed it. Just amazing.

Ending, P3 and P4 spoilers:

They really did the "he's going home" thing again? Come on, he could have worked for the attic room and especially after all that "the world is what you make of it, you can do anything" spiel smacking you in the face.. Compared to P4 and the bleak death of P3, the leaving felt the weakest because there was just no reason for it at all. That and the detective being the big villain were the moments where it felt the weakest, but overall, this is my new favourite.

Gameplay wise, the stealth, palaces and demon negotiation coming back already made it the best in that regard, but the social commentary and build up to the ending of the holy grail pushed it over the edge as my overall favourite Persona game. I know it takes a long ass time to get a game to this level, but I hope we don't have to wait as long for 6.

Not only is the bad ending choice obvious, if you try to choose it, the game hits you with a "I don't think this is the right thing to do... do it anyway?" warning

Yeah, the true ending is far too signposted this time. yeah, I'll sell everyone out in an interrogation. That will go well

Xeteh

Ending, P3 and P4 spoilers:

They really did the "he's going home" thing again? Come on, he could have worked for the attic room and especially after all that "the world is what you make of it, you can do anything" spiel smacking you in the face.. Compared to P4 and the bleak death of P3, the leaving felt the weakest because there was just no reason for it at all. That and the detective being the big villain were the moments where it felt the weakest, but overall, this is my new favourite.

Gameplay wise, the stealth, palaces and demon negotiation coming back already made it the best in that regard, but the social commentary and build up to the ending of the holy grail pushed it over the edge as my overall favourite Persona game. I know it takes a long ass time to get a game to this level, but I hope we don't have to wait as long for 6.

I kept hoping that he'd decide to stay. It drove me nuts in 4 and again in this one where the protag makes these awesome relationships and still decides to leave. At least this one had a better moment with it instead of 4 where they all meet up at the train and watch him go. I loved the "yeah, we're kidnapping you and driving you home but first we're gonna go hangout and shit".

ramyeon

Nothing worse than demons giving you items because you've scared them during negotiation. Just can't get my head around Timid and Gloomy types.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish we got to see more of the protagonist's home, and his parents, who Sojiro apparently knows. It was another Dojima situation like in P4. Dude is your uncle, who is his brother/sister? It's not like they're dead. Let us see them.

Xeteh

I think people are full of shit when they say they have 100% negotiation success. Some of the answers are so vague its hard to distinguish was is what sometimes.

I wish we got to see more of the protagonist's home, and his parents, who Sojiro apparently knows. It was another Dojima situation. Dude is your uncle, who is his brother/sister? It's not like they're dead. Let us see them.

I legit thought it was weird how there's no contact with the parents at all throughout both games. I lived away from my mom for a half year when I was a kid and we talked over the phone often.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love how (Strength mechanic)
Public executions
are basically​
Wonder trades from Pokemon

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait... valentine's day?

End game spoilers

I thought the
game ended in december
?

Hasney

I kept hoping that he'd decide to stay. It drove me nuts in 4 and again in this one where the protag makes these awesome relationships and still decides to leave. At least this one had a better moment with it instead of 4 where they all meet up at the train and watch him go. I loved the "yeah, we're kidnapping you and driving you home but first we're gonna go hangout and shit".

Yeah, I really thought they were going to switch it up this time, especially when Boss asks if it made you want to stay. I really thought that after the P4 spin-offs they'd keep him there instead of coming up with flimsy-ish reasons for him to keep coming back and then never talk about his hometown at all.

The P5 Mario Kart clone is just going to be like "haha oh shit Mementos looks like it's back but we're going to have to race each other. Good job it was in the holidays! What did I do at home? Fuck all!"

Wait... valentine's day?

End game spoilers

I thought the
game ended in december
?

You're there for the hear, remember? The gameplay sections do end there though

Szadek

So I guess in palace 5
the green robot mini-boss is immun to instance death even though curse is his only weakness?

Xeteh

Wait... valentine's day?

End game spoilers

I thought the
game ended in december
?

Gameplay does, postgame stuff jumps ahead to various moments to tell story stuff.

Was money that much of an issue? I didn't use the trick and finished with 4 million.

I was happy with my 900k. But yeah, it never felt like money was really an issue past the halfway point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I STILL dont have dauntless in guts to start the fucking
gun store
confidant, and I've had that stupid bag for like 3 months now :(

I'm currently at
15th December
, I don't think there is any way to get my social links up for Yusuke and Haru by the deadline. Is this going to have any effect on me getting the True Ending if I can't max them out by then (all other party members are maxed out)?

I've got a save from the important moment in
September
but I doubt I can get everything done if I reload as all of the important links are available during 'after school' at the same time with hardly anything for me to do in the evening, Even if I throw all my cash at
Chihaya
I still can't see myself doing it by
December
's deadline.

Am I screwed or OK?

ST2K

I'm currently at
15th December
, I don't think there is any way to get my social links up for Yusuke and Haru by the deadline. Is this going to have any effect on me getting the True Ending if I can't max them out by then (all other party members are maxed out)?

I've got a save from the important moment in
September
but I doubt I can get everything done if I reload as all of the important links are available during 'after school' at the same time with hardly anything for me to do in the evening, Even if I throw all my cash at
Chihaya
I still can't see myself doing it by
December
's deadline.

Am I screwed or OK?

You're fine. Social links are irrelevant to the True Ending.

Jintor

holy shit middle management in dungeon 5 is touuuuuuugh

what determines all out attack damage? is it phys type and then just considering melee damage?

NeoBob688

I am breezing through the first palace with no lockpicks. If I complete it before getting those chests, are they lost forever?

Also, is there a guide somewhere summarizing forced stops in palace progression? I.e. when you are returned to the real world automatically as part of the story before the palace can be completed.

Rhaknar

What level of Guts is that? I keep forgetting to go back to that guy. I raised my Guts earlier mainly for the Death confidant.

I believe it's 4 (im at 3)

should i farm money/personas in safety or easy? i heard enemies die too fast in safety when you hit their weak point

normal is fine imo (its my first Persona game)

SolVanderlyn

(Mild post-3rd dungeon spoilers)

Persona 4 vs Persona 5
Wow, the presentation has really come a long way from P4, hasn't it?

Also the thing about P5 that struck me is that it feels like urban city life. I know P3 was also this, but P3 felt so clean and composed compared to 5, like comparing an upscale private school to a normal public school. P5 is full of urban grittiness and feels more "level" than P3. It even reflects in your house. Fancy private dorm vs. attic of a grumpy cafe owner. I thought it would just be a somewhat repeat of 3's city life, but boy am I glad I was wrong.

Wooooooow so I'm fighting the 6th palace boss

And beating the shit out of her. And I'm so close to winning then she uses a move called Berserker dance on my entire party and it barely does any damage to anyone .....except for Joker who gets one shotted despite me having a Persona that reflects both Physical and Gun damage :/

nOoblet16

Palace 7 calling card spoiler
why does Joker say "Before that happens we'll take this country" Why would they "take the country" ?

Xeteh

Wooooooow so I'm fighting the 6th palace boss

And beating the shit out of her. And I'm so close to winning then she uses a move called Berserker dance on my entire party and it barely does any damage to anyone .....except for Joker who gets one shotted despite me having a Persona that reflects both Physical and Gun damage :/

That exact same thing happened to me.
Joker had more HP than anyone in the party and was at full health, I had JUST been thinking to myself that I finally figured out my party and I was destroying her, no problems. Then she did that shit and Joker was the only one that died. I was so salty.

Palace 7 calling card spoiler
why does Joker say "Before that happens we'll take this country" Why would they "take the country" ?

I took it as "taking it back from the corrupt politicians".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom