• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

No idea how people are replaying this back to back. Just finished palace 3,~30hours in, there is no freaking way I'm replaying this for like 3 years.

I think, although I'm not sure, but a lot of people simply fast forward a ton of the dialogue on their second playthrough and only play out the stuff they missed or want to experience again.

It's more like a cleanup playthrough than a full one.

I think, although I'm not sure, but a lot of people simply fast forward a ton of the dialogue on their second playthrough and only play out the stuff they missed or want to experience again.

It's more like a cleanup playthrough than a full one.

Yea, in ng+ you roll through. Dungeons take no time at all too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No idea how people are replaying this back to back. Just finished palace 3,~30hours in, there is no freaking way I'm replaying this for like 3 years.

aye. I mean to each its own, but yeah. Reminds me of the last few games I played, Horizon when I was about 20 hours in I was like "yeah I hope this lasts forever" but when I finished it at 50 hours I was just about ready to be done with it 10 hours previously. Same for Zelda, I finished it at 70 hours or so because I was just done with it, but back around 20.30 hours I was saying to myself "yeah im gonna play this for months".

So with P5 im not even going there, im loving it at 35 hours in or whatever im at, but I know for a fact that near the end I will be more than ready to move on to something else. I never understood people that imediatly restart games, especially long games, but like I said, to each its own.

Xeteh

Tricking Akechi literally requires Sae's palace to be active.

Oh, duh.

(ENDING SPOILERS):
That means my initial impression was correct: they did not steal Sae's treasure.

Shit. Yeah, I guess you're right on that. Huh, never really put that bit together. I legit thought it was that handbook because one of the options when Sae asks what hers was is "Do you really want to know?" or something to that effect.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh, duh.

(ENDING SPOILERS):
That means my initial impression was correct: they did not steal Sae's treasure.
But
we don't know when or how the other Thieves made it out of the palace. It was active when Joker left because his case was a fake, but the others could have made off with it after that.

FluxWaveZ

Shit. Yeah, I guess you're right on that. Huh, never really put that bit together. I legit thought it was that handbook because one of the options when Sae asks what hers was is "Do you really want to know?" or something to that effect.

Nah, it was
"Why do you want to know?" notable difference there.

Xeteh

Nah, it was
"Why do you want to know?" notable difference there.

Really? I might just be retarded, I legit thought it was "Do you really want to know..." I'm already playing through NG+, if I'm right I'll call you out if I'm not I'll quietly pretend this didn't happen (I'll actually call myself out, I'm used to being wrong).

Thud

NG+ is for people that want everything out of the game, like a platinum trophy would.

I'm glad I got Futaba's navigation trophy. This means a second playthrough is enough to cover the things I probably missed.

Xeteh

aye. I mean to each its own, but yeah. Reminds me of the last few games I played, Horizon when I was about 20 hours in I was like "yeah I hope this lasts forever" but when I finished it at 50 hours I was just about ready to be done with it 10 hours previously. Same for Zelda, I finished it at 70 hours or so because I was just done with it, but back around 20.30 hours I was saying to myself "yeah im gonna play this for months".

So with P5 im not even going there, im loving it at 35 hours in or whatever im at, but I know for a fact that near the end I will be more than ready to move on to something else. I never understood people that imediatly restart games, especially long games, but like I said, to each its own.

I learned long ago I'm a weirdo. I love replaying games even if I have new games I haven't played. I immediately started NG+ once I saw the end to P5.

I'm glad I got Futaba's navigation trophy. This means a second playthrough is enough to cover the things I probably missed.

I didn't fucking get it and now I'm triggered because Risette's Fan Club trophy from P4G gives me (not really) nightmares. I hopefully will get it before finishing NG+.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

First time took me around 90 hours, the second time has taken about 30 to get to November, because I'm playing on Safety and skipping all of the conversations and cutscenes (outside of the confidant stuff that I missed the first time around).

I'm flying through.

FluxWaveZ

But
we don't know when or how the other Thieves made it out of the palace. It was active when Joker left because his case was a fake, but the others could have made off with it after that.

No, (ENDING SPOILERS):
The other Phantom Thieves explicitly state that they had to act completely normal in real life while Joker was held in captivity, so that alarm bells wouldn't be sprung for observers knowing that it was all part of their plan. So while they were out acting like normal teens, the Palace was still active so that the plan could happen at all. Palaces get destroyed when the treasure is stolen, so they couldn't have stolen it.

well to be fair
the problem wasnt just the age thing, (hell that doesnt even come up I think?), it was that it was against their will, which clealy it is not with the MC and whatever lady he romances.

but still, like I said, its the "nice.gif" mentality

True. It's not hard to surmise though, that in most cases except
Shiho, who straight up got forcibly attacked it seems,
Kamoshida
used power dynamics to "get what he wanted" out of younger girls. Of course, as the player character, we feel like we have agency in the world of the game, and certainly the underlying character traits of MC do seem to point to kind of a playboy type, but think about some of the confidants. They hold social power over you, and can directly fuck your life up in one fell swoop similar ways, if they so chose. You have
Your homeroom teacher. The morality of this link is all over the place. You have dirt on her and she's in a compromising position.
You're also paying her. You seem to hold power over her, but she's your teacher and you're in a precarious position at school, she has that power over you. You don't out her to other people, but you continuously call her, but she needs you to call her because she doesn't get many customers. We're both pretty fucked up here, honestly.
Then you have
Your doctor. Well, she's giving you these odd medicines that you keep taking for that dungeon crawling steroid discount. It's not really legal so you seem to have a little sway, but she's still a doctor, one who is treating/seeing you, and an adult woman
Then there's
A journalist. I haven't started this link, but does she catch wind that you're a phantom thief? Because that's all you really need right there

Thud

With Sun rank 10

Joker: "Join my cause."

Shadow: "Whoa you're a smooth talker!"

Tells it like it is.

It gets even better if you combine it with Tower.

Stuff you can do:

Down an enemy
Persuade
"This is taking too long"
Fires gun
Wins over high level persona

It also works with money/items, although there's still the risk factor.

LiK

NG+ is for people that want everything out of the game, like a platinum trophy would.

What's this trophy? If it's not story spoilers, is it hard to get?

Gestahl

No, (ENDING SPOILERS):
The other Phantom Thieves explicitly state that they had to act completely normal in real life while Joker was held in captivity, so that alarm bells wouldn't be sprung for observers knowing that it was all part of their plan. So while they were out acting like normal teens, the Palace was still active so that the plan could happen at all. Palaces get destroyed when the treasure is stolen, so they couldn't have stolen it.

And by the time things cooled down enough to consider stealing it, Sae had already repented willingly and turned to their side. Her palace had probably already disintegrated by the time the group started to tackle the cruise liner and Shido.

Thud

What's this trophy? If it's not story spoilers, is it hard to get?

It's easy to miss if you basically use the same team and kick ass in combat. So luring out attacks and ailments is not a bad idea, if you can hamdle it of course.

Risette's trophy was way harder as she didn't have that many lines.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No, (ENDING SPOILERS):
Oh shoot, you're right. The whole plan hinges on it still being there. I guess her treasure wasn't stolen after all.

LiK

It's easy to miss if you basically use the same team and kick ass in combat. So luring out attacks and ailments is not a bad idea, if you can hamdle it of course.

Ok, guess I know what I'm doing in the next Palace. Rotate the shit outta my party lol

Splinter

What is the map like in this game? Is it open world like FFXV, Witcher, etc? Can you run around doing whatever you want, side quests, fights, and collecting items? Or is it compartmentalized in some way? Having to unlock certain pathways and areas as you progress? It's hard to get a sense of the map type watching the streams.

Naite

Am I really screwed out of the infiltration tools crafting trophy until NG+ because I
asked Kawakami to make the eternal lockpick? Even though I have enough resources to craft a second one?

LiK

What is the map like in this game? Is it open world like FFXV, Witcher, etc? Can you run around doing whatever you want, side quests, fights, and collecting items? Or is it compartmentalized in some way? Having to unlock certain pathways and areas as you progress? It's hard to get a sense of the map type watching the streams.

Not open world. Compartmentalized. The latter as you mentioned.

Alucrid

Banned

Yeah I was surprised at how easy this one was to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom