• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Maxed female confidant thing

wow, if you decide to start a replationship with an older lady, they kinda give a hint that you actually slept with them. Kinda ballsy especially after the incident with Kamoshida and girls your age.

Dumb ass hypocrisy.

Raxus

Can someone help me on the strength confident rank 5 and 6?

What do I need to hunt down/fuse? I am mementos and guides are really unhelpful.

vkrili

Early game questions:

What does Igor want me to be a
master thief?

Another thing. Is the Volleyball teacher going out with
that student who's a model? If so, is this even normal behaviour in Japan?

And why does Ryuji want to back to the
castle
after nearly
dying with the protagonist when they first entered it

Are you the kinda person who loudly questions everything that happens in a movie the moment it happens?

Dany

Banned
Early game questions:

master thief?

castle
after nearly

Play the damn video game.

PK Gaming

Dumb ass hypocrisy.

Not that i'm condoning it (because frankly, I don't think Joker should have been able to engage in romantic relationships with any of the adults) but there's a huge difference between consensual sex and the molestation/blackmailing students into having sex that Kamoshida indulged in.

MrDenny

How does the online feature about receiving help from other players work?
I'm on the second dungeon, but haven't encountered it yet.

Early game questions:

master thief?

castle
after nearly

1. That's a end game question. I mean if he isn't tellin' there are definitely some behind the scenes stuff right?

2. Play further into the game. To the second part of this question, no. Not really anywhere.

3. I mean Ryuji's
personality is like that. Remember when he tried to save you?
He's also curious. The rest will be answered when you progress further.

In conclusion, play some more and most questions will be answered.

zulux21

Early game questions:

master thief?

castle
after nearly

1. well being a pokemon master is trademarked by nintendo... so... yeah...
2. I don't know, you should ask Shiho.
3. Didn't you notice the blond hair? dude used to much bleach, doesn't think straight all the time.

I had something here, but realized by having that hear it gave context to my answers and thus made them become spoilers, as without context none of those are spoilers.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You gotta wonder what the P3 and P4 cast think of the whole Phantom Thieves thing. I mean,
it's being broadcast nation wide, isn't it?

zulux21

You gotta wonder what the P3 and P4 cast think of the whole Phantom Thieves thing. I mean,
it's being broadcast nation wide, isn't it?

hmmm not sure....
I did notice that the clocks in palace 3 said midnight though. which was odd given the time of day we were going but a clear nod to p3/p4 (
if I am recalling right p3 had the extra hour after midnight only some people experience and p4 had the midnight hour show right?
). I haven't seen other clocks though to see if all the clocks in the palaces are set to midnight.

Nightbird

12 hours in, and I'm not really feeling the new Dungeons.

Maybe it'll get better with the second one, but the first one was just "eh"

I'm more fond of the daily activities though, those are fun!
The story is also really good, I feel like this one is better than 4 so far.

Loci

Do people only contact me to hang out when I can rank up with them?
And why does Sojiro take so damn long to rank up

zulux21

12 hours in, and I'm not really feeling the new Dungeons.

Maybe it'll get better with the second one, but the first one was just "eh"

I'm more fond of the daily activities though, those are fun!
The story is also really good, I feel like this one is better than 4 so far.
the dungeons aren't perfect but are a huge step up from the older games and a good basis for future ones.

Do people only contact me to hang out when I can rank up with them?
And why does Sojiro take so damn long to rank up

nope, people call you randomly and you can't always rank up when they do, and you can often rank up with someone that isn't calling you.

as for sojiro I hear....
you can't get past rank 3 until august.

ChrisD

Palace 4 was great through-and-through in regards to story and characters. Lacked in music imo, and it wasn't exactly fun to traverse, but hey it was funner than 2 and 3, so I'm not complaining. Anubis wasn't really a problem, based Isis.

The SP regen accessory is the truth. Bought three of those and one HP regen. These things are bonkers.

zulux21

Palace 4 was great through-and-through in regards to story and characters. Lacked in music imo, and it wasn't exactly fun to traverse, but hey it was funner than 2 and 3, so I'm not complaining. Anubis wasn't really a problem, based Isis.

The SP regen accessory is the truth. Bought three of those and one HP regen. These things are bonkers.

I eventually plan to have 4 sp ones... but at this time I needed more money for
fortune tellers and maids lol.
I also just finished palace 3 though :p

I'm about where you are in the game, where are the sp accessories at?

nOoblet16

Man the strength confidant is a huge money sink. Plus by the time you can actually do it completely your inventory is full of high level persona which cost even more money to buy back since you'll have to get rid of some of them to make space in your persona inventory.

I don't understand why I can't just store some persona that I already have, maybe have like a limited storage that can hold 5 of them so that you don't have to delete them and buy them back everytime you need some space for fusion.

And the final ability is not that great, I thought it would let me fuse anything but I found out that I have to pay to fuse high level persona and the price is too much. Like 11,000 yen per level.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nice got the route to the third palace done in 1 day, that sp regen thing is wonderful, need to buy for all my guys asap.

17 days left on deadline, feels good.

Also got MC to lvl 27 and all the rest 26 so im crushing now...also feels good :3

zulux21

Nice got the route to the third palace done in 1 day, that sp regen thing is wonderful, need to buy for all my guys asap.

17 days left on deadline, feels good.

did something similar... and then told myself that I would be working on boosting my stats.

instead I spent most of the time visiting people even though I am planning on doing that mostly on NG+

I should at some point likely figure out which ones are good to max on my first playthrough if I want to go for a 100% in general on my second one.

either way, I am really glad I started the social link with the
shogi player

I stopped when I saw
hacker-chan
on screen for the first time in game lol.

MTC100

Banned
Palace 5 took me about 8 hours, that's just insane, I'm used to finishing whole games in the same amount of time, lol...

I am a few days away from the conclusion of this change of heart but I'm certain,
it will end as a heart attack instead
. This will be quite dramatic, I suppose the game theme will end up getting darker and darker at this point...

Dumb ass hypocrisy.

Yup. This is why I don't fuck with the older women in this.

Anyway, just finished the
Hawaii trip. The Ann romance scene there was super adorable and I liked that it was actually tied to the rest of the story for once. Her and Joker are a really cute couple.

Morgana is super emo right now thanks to Ryuji's constant trolling, thanks man. I'm sure that will blow over and not turn into some horseshit like Mona dipping out or something really dramatic.

Loci

So let's say I need 3 affection points to get a rank up with one of the confidants.
If I hand out with them and net +3 and then also give them a present for another +3, will those +3 carry over to the next rank?

In other words, is there a total affection bar you can fill up unrelated to your current rank?

nOoblet16

Dumb ass hypocrisy.

Maxed female confidant thing

wow, if you decide to start a replationship with an older lady, they kinda give a hint that you actually slept with them. Kinda ballsy especially after the incident with Kamoshida and girls your age.
Yea I said the same thing but I was told
One is sexual abuse and the other is a willing relationship. Which is true but it's still kind of hypocritical due to the way it's portrayed. Cause Kamoshida never really did anything did he? He just tried to hit on girls and try to get them to come over but no one ever did, atleast that's what it seemed like and yet that was sexual assault. But when the MC hits on older women they fall head over heels for him and as such it's a willing relationship so it's ok.

I went with the Doctor and she was like "Lets go upstairs and I'll give you a thorough examination"
hah.

Dantis

Palace 5 took me about 8 hours, that's just insane, I'm used to finishing whole games in the same amount of time, lol...

I am a few days away from the conclusion of this change of heart but I'm certain,
it will end as a heart attack instead
. This will be quite dramatic, I suppose the game theme will end up getting darker and darker at this point...

Uh
What
How?
It's not THAT big.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You peeps liked palace 3? I loved it, easily my fave so far. Loved the
vault section
at the end, and I must have lucked out on having some good personas (I fuse a lot, not following a guide just trying shit) so I had anwsers to everything, I had all types of damages ready (except status for onis, I still havent seen those, is it like poison?) so I didnt have issues with the combat in there like some folk. I have the sickest healing persona on the MC which combined with the sp regen really helps too...fuck Morgana.

adz2ka

I eventually plan to have 4 sp ones... but at this time I needed more money for
fortune tellers and maids lol.
I also just finished palace 3 though :p

I'm half way through palace 2 and can just afford 1 of the SP regen accessories (the sp2 item at 80k). Is it worth it at this stage considering that's pretty much my entire money? I could get the sp1 regen item for 40k and get 2 of those for 2 characters?

nOoblet16

Yup. This is why I don't fuck with the older women in this.

Anyway, just finished the
Hawaii trip. The Ann romance scene there was super adorable and I liked that it was actually tied to the rest of the story for once. Her and Joker are a really cute couple.

Morgana is super emo right now thanks to Ryuji's constant trolling, thanks man. I'm sure that will blow over and not turn into some horseshit like Mona dipping out or something really dramatic.
This is why if you date anyone outside the main party in these games you'll end up with a whole load of nothing.
since you will miss good scenes like those as side characters won't really get much attention in all this stuff. I had already asked Tae out by that time and yet Ryuji kept telling me how "we are all single here".

nOoblet16

You peeps liked palace 3? I loved it, easily my fave so far. Loved the
vault section
at the end, and I must have lucked out on having some good personas (I fuse a lot, not following a guide just trying shit) so I had anwsers to everything, I had all types of damages ready (except status for onis, I still havent seen those, is it like poison?) so I didnt have issues with the combat in there like some folk. I have the sickest healing persona on the MC which combined with the sp regen really helps too...fuck Morgana.
The last bit of that section should have been cut out. I'm talking about
the final lock
. Apart from that it was fine, I'd probably rank it at number 4 in my list.

MTC100

Banned
Uh
What
How?
It's not THAT big.

My party died with about 45 minutes of progress a few steps before reaching a save room, thanks to getting despaired(the whole party), it's a great mechanic, watching them slowly die and bleed out while not being able to do anything >.<

I also did a lot of Persona fusing in the dungeon AND wasted quite some time with the airlock puzzle.

Yu Narukami

I'm half way through palace 2 and can just afford 1 of the SP regen accessories (the sp2 item at 80k). Is it worth it at this stage considering that's pretty much my entire money? I could get the sp1 regen item for 40k and get 2 of those for 2 characters?
I would wait till you are at rank 7 with the doctor and buy the 50k one. You are going to waste money with the cheaper ones.

Rhaknar

The last bit of that section should have been cut out. I'm talking about
the final lock
. Apart from that it was fine, I'd probably rank it at number 4 in my list.

Why is that different from the other
locks
?

nOoblet16

My party died with about 45 minutes of progress a few steps before reaching a save room, thanks to getting despaired(the whole party), it's a great mechanic, watching them slowly die and bleed out while not being able to do anything >.<

I also did a lot of Persona fusing in the dungeon AND wasted quite some time with the airlock puzzle.
Uh you can, there are items and abilities that get rid of it. Plus confidant perks that will allow someone to randomly get rid of it on its own.

MTC100

Banned
Uh you can, there are items and abilities that get rid of it. Plus confidant perks that will allow someone to randomly get rid of it on its own.

THE WHOLE PARTY GOT DESPAIRED by a mass despair spell, I think from that stupid succubus.

sorry intended capslock, getting angry only by thinking about it...

Theswweet

I'm really glad I played through the game in JP voices. I decided to listen to the EN voices in some cutscenes after the fact, and although it's definitely a decent dub (they definitely did a good job) the JP voices were firing on all cylinders. I'm really glad we got the JP audio as free DLC.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yea I said the same thing but I was told
One is sexual abuse and the other is a willing relationship. Which is true but it's still kind of hypocritical due to the way it's portrayed. Cause Kamoshida never really did anything did he? He just tried to hit on girls and try to get them to come over but no one ever did, atleast that's what it seemed like and yet that was sexual assault. But when the MC hits on older women they fall head over heels for him and as such it's a willing relationship so it's ok.

I went with the Doctor and she was like "Lets go upstairs and I'll give you a thorough examination"
hah.

Kamoshida was going to kick Shiho off the team if Ann didn't come over/sleep with him. But when Ann didn't show up I think it was implied Shiho was raped before she tried to kill herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom