• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not going to be too far off from that time either. And I didn't miss out on much. It probably has to do with me fast forwarding through a lof of those citizen dialogue scenes. Also fast forwarding through a lot of the group text messages since they say a whole lot of nothing.

But that would only cut a few hours at most. My biggest question is how people are finishing this game in so many hours. Unless you're repeating dungeons from dying too much or doing mementos over and over again.

nOoblet16

I think she was, tbh. That's something that could definitely trigger
an attempt to suicide, plus Kaneshiro's shadow told Ann that Shiho took her place when she refused to go to his apartment.

I think the game likes to keep itself ambiguous at times, or at least subtle. Maybe in order to avoid getting a higher age rating.
Well
"Shiho took Ann's place" can also mean he gave up hitting on Ann and started to hit on Shiho and tried to get her to come home. He threatened her place in the team if she didn't comply which could be the trigger cause she didn't want to go but she didn't want to lose her place in team as well.

But it's all up to us to imagine what happened. If she didn't get raped then there is a certain double standard that the other posters were talking about where one is seen as creepy and the other is seen as flattering because in the case of MC the women fall head over heels for him.

Late July/Early August-ish story & Confidant spoilers:

The scene in Sojiro's house is probably my favorite of the game so far. Futaba's brief showing up like a serial killer and Makoto completely freaking out was adorable. Interested to see where this goes as I just started the palace.

Also Yusuke's fourth Confidant link was absolutely hilarious. "Wait...only couples come here?"

Not infinite but just have a storage that lets you keep 4-5. It's annoying having to get rid of current ones to make space for fusion and then buying them back.

If by final boss you mean
Shido then I disagree. All you need for that boss is defense up buff/debuff, attack debuff, items or abilities to cure fear and rage and just do damage using pretty much any heavy attack. I had no issues with that boss fight and did it in my 2nd try once I figured out the pattern. Morgana already had full party full heal so he took care of it. I had to use Soma to recover SP though.

Butdo know that there is a hidden boss as well.
D
Did not mean him, you might regret using that soma!

4bNr0RzxR.png

I feel like I'm good for a while.

You can Google strength confidant, and also Google persona 5 fusion calculator. Some of these fusions will require you to have very specific Personas.

To go from rank 1 to 10 if you haven't caught a whole bunch of Personas, it will cost you a lot of money. Like hundreds of thousands. Particularly because to get persona B with X skill you will need to fuse like persona C and D, and if you don't have persona D you will need to fuse two others to get that one. Etc

I had to use the fusion calculator to get my ultimate arcana Personas.

RalchAC

Well
"Shiho took Ann's place" can also mean he gave up hitting on Ann and started to hit on Shiho and tried to get her to come home. He threatened her place in the team if she didn't comply which could be the trigger cause she didn't want to go but she didn't want to lose her place in team as well.

But it's all up to us to imagine what happened. If she didn't get raped then there is a certain double standard that the other posters were talking about where one is seen as creepy and the other is seen as flattering because in the case of MC the women fall head over heels for him.

Yeah, there probably is a double standard here. That's why I don't really feel comfortable with going out with the doc despite being one of my favourite coops.

If he was a uni student I would have been OK with it.

I think the game wants to imply
rape, but leave itself enough room for plausible deniability

Yep. That's what I think too.

Thud

I think the game wants to imply
rape, but leave itself enough room for plausible deniability

I put it in spoiler tags just to be sure:

He definitely tried and I like to think she refused. Still with no way to address the situation she tried to escape.

Salaadin

Question about game/story progression, possible spoilers in the response:
does p5 have any p4-like endings tied behind the answering of questions correctly?

daveo42

Banned
Im not going to be too far off from that time either. And I didn't miss out on much. It probably has to do with me fast forwarding through a lof of those citizen dialogue scenes. Also fast forwarding through a lot of the group text messages since they say a whole lot of nothing.

But that would only cut a few hours at most. My biggest question is how people are finishing this game in so many hours. Unless you're repeating dungeons from dying too much or doing mementos over and over again.

I've only been to Mementos maybe 4-5 times total up to the 5th dungeon and I'm 10 hours past that. I'm really only in the first 3rd of that dungeon as well. Did you follow a guide for what to do every day/night you have available? Figuring out what to do tends to take up more time for me than anything else, especially if there are multiple things I want to do. I also hit up Fortune for her ability pretty much every time she was available when skill grinding.

jrush64

Banned
Is it possible to get more Leblanc Coffee? Also what are the best SP recovery items? When grinding, I always run out of SP.

Should I get Takemi's Slink up to 6 before the second palace.

nOoblet16

Yeah, there probably is a double standard here. That's why I don't really feel comfortable with going out with the doc despite being one of my favourite coops.

If he was a uni student I would have been OK with it.

Yep. That's what I think too.
Yea the Tae has the best personality by far because she is so different from others. Unfortunately she is a side character so doesn't get much screen time. I hope Persona 5 ditches high school and is set in uni.

Rarius

Ok, the weird breaks for Dungeon 4 take up like 10 days and then you go and leave for no reason. What the fuck, this is so annoying.

I've only been to Mementos maybe 4-5 times total up to the 5th dungeon and I'm 10 hours past that. I'm really only in the first 3rd of that dungeon as well. Did you follow a guide for what to do every day/night you have available? Figuring out what to do tends to take up more time for me than anything else, especially if there are multiple things I want to do. I also hit up Fortune for her ability pretty much every time she was available when skill grinding.
I was following a guide at first fairly strictly but that lasted maybe 2 months at most before I fucked it up. After that I only followed the guide very loosely. Aka when I found a new palace and was ready to go steal it id see which day he recommends going in and I'd go then. Then the rest of the days id use to max points and confidants.

It probably does make it shorter when you have clear goals of when to do major operations. I also found a groove with buying equipment where I only go before a dungeon.

Mementos if you followed the basic idea of the guide you'd only have to go a few times at most because you gather up as many missions as possible at a time.

But apparently even using a guide this way cuts out a lot of time. I'm in the final dungeon and three are 4 confidants I didn't max out though, and I've been getting a lot of social skills points I've already maxed out so yeah clearly there was some wasted time I could have used for confidants

Ydelnae

I'm 30 minutes in the 5th palace and judging by everyone's impressions I expected something bad but I think I'm enjoying it for now. The music and theme is pretty nice.

I guess it goes downhill during the last parts of the dungeon.

I think she was, tbh. That's something that could definitely trigger
an attempt to suicide, plus Kaneshiro's shadow told Ann that Shiho took her place when she refused to go to his apartment.

I think the game likes to keep itself ambiguous at times, or at least subtle. Maybe in order to avoid getting a higher age rating.

Game is already rated M. But, yeah, it does feel like they are trying to leave that but ambiguity. I'm wondering if it's that ambiguous in Japanese.

I'm 30 minutes in the 5th palace and judging by everyone's impressions I expected something bad but I think I'm enjoying it for now. The music and theme is pretty nice.

It gets really bad at the end with a particular puzzle. Only time I had to reload a fucking dungeon save and follow a walk through.

Zafir

Where are you even at? The game is probably longer than you think.

I completed the game on exactly 100 hours(and 11 mins) and I wouldn't say I took my time massively. There's some idle time in the 100hours, but probably not more than 10hours.

Didn't grind, and honestly I'm pretty sure I was under levelled by the final boss (wasn't that hard either way, fortunately).

I didn't lose much time from deaths, I think I lost about 30-40mins in Dungeon 5 because my entire team got despaired. Though I didn't even think that counted on the clock since it just reloads back.

I wouldn't say I spent a massive time in Mementos either, maybe 5 trips maximum to it, and most of the time was literally spent driving through it, not even fighting shadows as I found it to be boring as hell.

Honestly if people are finishing it under 70 hours I feel like they must be playing on a lower difficulty, and/or skipping through a lot of dialogue.

nOoblet16

people who should have portraits:

the foreign tout in shibuya
convenience store clerk
reporter girl
stalker-chan
Reporter girl has a portrait.

Game is already rated M. But, yeah, it does feel like they are trying to leave that but ambiguity. I'm wondering if it's that ambiguous in Japanese.
Well yes which is why it's confusing. Plus the romance is also so PG13 outside of few characters they don't even imply sexual relationship or show them kiss.

When I bought it up last time I was told "they are high school students" as if high school students don't have sex lol. More so in this game where you can date older women.

daveo42

Banned
I was following a guide at first fairly strictly but that lasted maybe 2 months at most before I fucked it up. After that I only followed the guide very loosely. Aka when I found a new palace and was ready to go steal it id see which day he recommends going in and I'd go then. Then the rest of the days id use to max points and confidants.

It probably does make it shorter when you have clear goals of when to do major operations. I also found a groove with buying equipment where I only go before a dungeon.

Mementos if you followed the basic idea of the guide you'd only have to go a few times at most because you gather up as many missions as possible at a time.

But apparently even using a guide this way cuts out a lot of time.

I get that on Mementos. Depending on your goals there, you can easily eat up a ton of time. I could have probably gone there less up to this point, but confidant goals kind of force you in there at certain times and it's a great place to go for money. My groove on missions/mementos/equipment fell in line with getting cash and extra persona in Mementos one day, gearing up the next (including lockpicks
super close on the eternal lockpick...
) and then spending one day clearing a palace.

Qurupeke

Endgame Spoiler

Oh my god!!! I keep hearing how Igor's voice actor was terrible and how it doesn't fit his character and there was actually a reason for that!!!! When I heard his actual voice my mind was blown.

Lusankya

I actually thought the last part is the best.

nOoblet16

Death max rank

Sex is implied.
Yea I know..cause I went with her. That's why I said except for a few of them it's not even implied. Also you don't get any additional real conversations with anyone really once you reach rank 10...unless you date someone in the main cast.

Have you had to find
the chief director
yet?

Jintor

Futaba is really growing on me. I mean, she was always good, but I've finally opened up her slink and her dialogue is really making me grin.

Where are you even at? The game is probably longer than you think.

I completed the game on exactly 100 hours(and 11 mins) and I wouldn't say I took my time massively. There's some idle time in the 100hours, but probably not more than 10hours.

Didn't grind, and honestly I'm pretty sure I was under levelled by the final boss (wasn't that hard either way, fortunately).

I didn't lose much time from deaths, I think I lost about 30-40mins in Dungeon 5 because my entire team got despaired. Though I didn't even think that counted on the clock since it just reloads back.

I wouldn't say I spent a massive time in Mementos either, maybe 5 trips maximum to it, and most of the time was literally spent driving through it, not even fighting shadows as I found it to be boring as hell.

Honestly if people are finishing it under 70 hours I feel like they must be playing on a lower difficulty, and/or skipping through a lot of dialogue.
Im in
the mementos dungeon
which by all means should be the final dungeon.

I didn't play in a harder difficulty so yeah, maybe that's a difference as I didn't really struggle with most battles.

Is "my/your/our justice" a localization error or is that just a quirk the game has?
I don't mind it, but I can't say I've ever heard the word used in that manner before.

timnich

I'm a first time Persona player and am absolutely loving P5...Best JRPG I've played in a very long time. I've beaten the first palace and have gotten to the part of the game where it starts to open up and am kinda paralyzed by the options. Is there an order of priority to which actions I should be taking? Can I permanently screw up my game by focusing on the wrong things? Should I focus on growing certain relationships over others? When the game tells you that it doesn't seem like a relationship will get deeper anytime soon, should I avoid hanging out with the person?

Hyoukokun

One thing I haven't seen a lot of people comment on (perhaps I haven't read enough) is the fact that the combat interface skips menus in favor of using button mappings. It's a small thing, but after a short learning curve it really helps keep the combat snappy.

I'm wrapping up the 3rd palace now. It seemed more straightforward than palace 2 in some ways (no
ducking back out into the real world to bamboozle the target and force a change in cognition
), but the game continues to be a shitload of fun.

Jintor

Is "my/your/our justice" a localization error or is that just a quirk the game has?
I don't mind it, but I can't say I've ever heard the word used in that manner before.

what it means is 'your idea of justice' or 'your conception of justice', but the meaning is clear enough that it's okay. more of a quirk though.

w0s

How does player degradation actually work when going to a palace multiple days in a row?

Also, do most people save the
calling card
for the day before the last day of the mission? Was disappointed when time fast forwarded on me a few days.

Platypus

Goro Akechi (major spoiler)
Good riddance. Really hate this type of character who is so batshit crazy but has a change of heart at the very end cause of love and friendship. Its so... lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom