• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Why is that different from the other
locks
?
Cause by that time it starts to drag out.
You are already expecting to see the treasure when you get to that room because everyone is talking about how the "treasure is right there" and previous dungeons have taught you as well that when you get to the final room there is not much left. But instead you see a lock which you need to unlock by going somewhere else. You do that and you are greeted with another lock, you do that and there's yet another lock ! Thankfully the later dungeons are generally better in this regards.

Dantis

Kamoshida was going to kick Shiho off the team if Ann didn't come over/sleep with him. But when Ann didn't show up I think it was implied Shiho was raped before she tried to kill herself.
This was my interpretation also.

The game is somewhat ambiguous, though.

Hasney

Figured out how to switch my save to Japanese, but I was already attached to most of the English voices so it felt weird. Switched straight back.

9/20 and Temperance spoilers
Finally got max rank in the temperance arcana,
if only I could unlock the memento quest before the summer break I would go a lot more far than now, I don't know if a max rank run is possible... eh I shouldn't worry about that it's my first run after all but I don't know If I can restart over since the game is so freakin long

MTC100

Banned
Kamoshida was going to kick Shiho off the team if Ann didn't come over/sleep with him. But when Ann didn't show up I think it was implied Shiho was raped before she tried to kill herself.

I don't think it was
rape, Kamoshida would have admitted that, when his heart was changed, he only confessed that he abused his students and harassed the girls
. Shiho was a very unstable character from the start though, so any kind of sexual advance might have triggered her
to commit suicide.

Figured out how to switch my save to Japanese, but I was already attached to most of the English voices so it felt weird. Switched straight back.

No worries you can do that for the second play through then :)

nOoblet16

THE WHOLE PARTY GOT DESPAIRED by a mass despair spell, I think from that stupid succubus.

sorry intended capslock, getting angry only by thinking about it...
Yea the whole party getting stuck with rage/despair is totally broken. I just had a boss fight where this dude would do an AoE attack and it would most certainly atleast get 2 people enraged and because he has repels physical attacks I needed to spend all my turn just getting rid of it only for him to inflict it on all 4 party members where I just sit there for 2-3 turns watching them kill themselves.

RalchAC

I'm at September, about to start the 5th dungeon and Morgana
has just decided to leave because she is jealeous of how much we all love Futaba
. And, while it was supposed to be a big and dramatic moment, it's kind of failed to grab me.

I mean, the cat has been since the very beginning of the game
badmouthing Ryuji for no reason. After a while the guy gets tired of it and decides to pay him with the same coin. And now, 6 months after Morgana starts being an asshole to another person,
it founds out people has feelings and can be hurt by what other people say.
No shit, sherlock.

I wish the game would have allowed me to tell Morgana
to shut the fuck up during one of those outbursts. I know people won't support me that much, because most of you hate Ryuji. But those are just my 2 cents.

Dumb ass hypocrisy.

Everybody knows that
a girl and an adult man is abusing while a guy and an older women is living the dream.

Jokes aside, I have to say I have a sweet spot for the doc. I've really liked her design since day one and her coop was quite cool. If the main character was a bit older I'd probably go out with her.

I'll probably settle with a party member. I'm at September and I have to say
Futaba
is totally hilarious at times while being more serious when she wants to. I've just started her coop, we'll see. If the
little sister
angle is pushed too much I won't do it though.

Makoto
has been fantastic so far though, and she totally feels like she is the canon pairing, seeing how there are scenes especially written to build her relationship with the MC.

She is a great character too.

Yea I said the same thing but I was told
One is sexual abuse and the other is a willing relationship. Which is true but it's still kind of hypocritical due to the way it's portrayed. Cause Kamoshida never really did anything did he? He just tried to hit on girls and try to get them to come over but no one ever did, atleast that's what it seemed like and yet that was sexual assault. But when the MC hits on older women they fall head over heels for him and as such it's a willing relationship so it's ok.

I went with the Doctor and she was like "Lets go upstairs and I'll give you a thorough examination"
hah.

He says that
when Ann refused to go to Kamoshida's home he brought Shiho instead. So I'd say he did assault her. Fucking scumbag

Darkman M

Just finished at a little over 121 hours, loved every minute of this game and I can say easily my favorite in the series. Morgana was so much more enjoyable than Teddie.

Domstercool

HA! Oh Jesus. I'm at 85:02 and just at the beginning of the 5th Palace.

Even if you account for an entire eight hours of idle time (this doesn't have a traditional pause function, after all), that still has me at exactly your hour count with
supposedly two dungeons, plenty more Mementos, and nearly three months
to go.

What am I doing?

I didn't idle and it took me 110 hours to beat the game on my first play. I did have 5 max stats and 14 maxed confidants. I finished at level 76.

Rivers in the Desert is a pretty great last boss song, but I still feel Persona 3's The Battle For Everyone's Souls is still tops. The impact it has on that final battle.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
has just decided to leave because she is jealeous of how much we all love Futaba
. And, while it was supposed to be a big and dramatic moment, it's kind of failed to grab me.

badmouthing Ryuji for no reason. After a while the guy gets tired of it and decides to pay him with the same coin. And now, 6 months after Morgana starts being an asshole to another person,
No shit, sherlock.

I wish the game would have allowed me to tell Morgana
to shut the fuck up during one of those outbursts. I know people won't support me that much, because most of you hate Ryuji. But those are just my 2 cents.

I did the same part earlier and mirror your thoughts exactly. It's the only part I haven't gelled with much and actually started getting mad at,
Morgana was being straight up stupid and led you on a big goosechase, getting someone else caught up in the Metaverse which is super dangerous, egging her on to continue while she is clearly a complete newbie that is out of her element, damn near running over your party members, you catching him anyway but him STILL running away...and the actual reason for leaving and being instigated was really petty. The convo he leaves at was the party being unsure who to target, him lashing out (which goes against the Thieves always unanimously agreeing on who to target), I just couldn't get into. He was obviously feeling like that before the Hawaii trip anyway but like you said it's not like the Ryuji stuff is one sided, Morgana is an absolute dick to him right back. I really wanted some sort of angered or underhanded remark at him, especially everyone apologizing when nobody did shit to him in the first place.

Never getting him his fatty tuna again.

Kolx

Is there any guide for all mementos missions for confidants? I wanna do them all in one day so I don't wanna find out I missed some before going in.

For those who have finished the game
for someone like me on mid-september,
Do I still have time to max S-rank ? I only maxed 2 so far (and a lot of 8 s-rank tho)

Also is it me or the game is much longer than P3 et P4 ?

Chaos17

7th palace
I just lost 1hour of play through because of the game over wh3n MC dies and there wasn't any safe room close (~_~メ)
Gonna take a break.

BluWacky

How can you people finish a 100 hours game in 2 weeks? I should get a divorce and quit my job.

I've managed to finish it in a week and a half at about 70 hours by:

i) Being on vacation and not doing much else of note in that time (I'm a teacher so get long holidays)
ii) Playing on Normal difficulty, nothing higher (and actually ended up dropping it down to Easy for the very final boss :( )
iii) Fast-forwarding a LOT of cutscenes as I started to find them boring and I can read fast enough that I can read enough in the flashes that appear on screen to know what's going on

I can't play these super-epic RPGs in short spurts, I just get bored of them if they end up stretching out that long (it would be a different story if I wasn't lucky to have fairly disposable income). When I'm at work, conversely, I can barely play them at all; I basically work seven day weeks then and my gaming reduces down to whatever I can concentrate on for an hour or so at most if anything, particularly with lots of evening commitments.

I can't imagine how people with actual lives go anywhere near something like Persona 5 or the Trails games.

Chaos17

For those who have finished the game
for someone like me on mid-september,
Do I still have time to max S-rank ? I only maxed 2 so far (and a lot of 8 s-rank tho)

Also is it me or the game is much longer than P3 et P4 ?
The game seems much longer because of useless talk and filers chapters. This game could have been cut in 3 big arc but no they decided to put every at the of calendar... So almost everything before that is kinda pointless for the main story which piss me off.

MTC100

Banned

No shit, sherlock.

Mona is a "he" though :p

It gets better once Morgana gets his act together again but this bad impression I got of him during September won't leave ever again I guess. I mean Teddy went through more or less the same stuff in P4, with the nightmares and all, he also gets depressed at some point but at least isn't making such a scene.

Man the strength confidant is a huge money sink. Plus by the time you can actually do it completely your inventory is full of high level persona which cost even more money to buy back since you'll have to get rid of some of them to make space in your persona inventory.

I don't understand why I can't just store some persona that I already have, maybe have like a limited storage that can hold 5 of them so that you don't have to delete them and buy them back everytime you need some space for fusion.

And the final ability is not that great, I thought it would let me fuse anything but I found out that I have to pay to fuse high level persona and the price is too much. Like 11,000 yen per level.
You can't keep an infinite amount cause the game wants you to keep pushing forward, making decisions on what abilities you want/need.

The final ability is ridiculously good for end game, since if you've levelled the right social links you'll have a lot of yen and can craft some level 80-90 personas that will do severe aoe damage with 50% boosts, full party heals + buff cures.
The final boss will be a lot harder without it.

nOoblet16

You can't keep an infinite amount cause the game wants you to keep pushing forward, making decisions on what abilities you want/need.

The final ability is ridiculously good for end game, since if you've levelled the right social links you'll have a lot of yen and can craft some level 80-90 personas that will do severe aoe damage with 50% boosts, full party heals + buff cures.
The final boss will be a lot harder without it.
Not infinite but just have a storage that lets you keep 4-5. It's annoying having to get rid of current ones to make space for fusion and then buying them back.

If by final boss you mean
Shido then I disagree. All you need for that boss is defense up buff/debuff, attack debuff, items or abilities to cure fear and rage and just do damage using pretty much any heavy attack. I had no issues with that boss fight and did it in my 2nd try once I figured out the pattern. Morgana already had full party full heal so he took care of it. I had to use Soma to recover SP though.

Butdo know that there is a hidden boss as well.

nOoblet16

It's flu season.

cS4rIS6.jpg

MTC100

Banned
The game seems much longer because of useless talk and filers chapters. This game could have been cut in 3 big arc but no they decided to put every at the of calendar... So almost everything before that is kinda pointless for the main story which piss me off.

Well, that's how it's been with Persona since part 3 though, I don't like or dislike it, I honestly don't care. I guess it would work well without a calendar system too but it's bound to stay.

Ydelnae

5th dungeon spoilers

I'm kind of not feeling Haru at all. Her voice is one "m'kay" away from being irritating and the way she gets caught up in the middle of everything is like they didn't know what to do with this character.

Also, I expected her to be female Squall Leonhart from FFVIII based on the opening, but she's too uguu~

Also her Persona is called M'lady. I cringed. I knew there was a reason they avoided having her shout her name during the awakening sequence.

nOoblet16

5th dungeon spoilers

I'm kind of not feeling Haru at all. Her voice is one "m'kay" away from being irritating and the way she gets caught up in the middle of everything is like they didn't know what to do with this character.

Also, I expected her to be female Squall Leonhart from FFVIII based on the opening, but she's too uguu~

Also her Persona is called M'lady. I cringed. I knew there was a reason they avoided having her shout her name during the awakening sequence.
She is very powerful though her gun attacks are great and her reflect abilities are amazing in boss fights.

I don't think it was
rape, Kamoshida would have admitted that, when his heart was changed, he only confessed that he abused his students and harassed the girls
. Shiho was a very unstable character from the start though, so any kind of sexual advance might have triggered her
to commit suicide.

I don't know if it's a quirk of the translation but (1st dungeon spoilers)
The game keeps going back and forth between referring to sexual harassment and sexual assault. To me there is a huge distinction between the two. But the times that the game refers to sexual assault could absolutely be referring to Shiho being raped.

nOoblet16

I don't know if it's a quirk of the translation but (1st dungeon spoilers)
The game keeps going back and forth between referring to sexual harassment and sexual assault. To me there is a huge distinction between the two. But the times that the game refers to sexual assault could absolutely be referring to Shiho being raped.
Indeed, there is a difference between the two but I don't think the game or atleast the translated version realises it.

RalchAC

Indeed, there is a difference between the two but I don't think the game realises it.

I think she was, tbh. That's something that could definitely trigger
an attempt to suicide, plus Kaneshiro's shadow told Ann that Shiho took her place when she refused to go to his apartment.

I think the game likes to keep itself ambiguous at times, or at least subtle. Maybe in order to avoid getting a higher age rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom