• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
OK. But is the combat mostly just using Personas to stun enemies?

I am saving my gun since ammo is scarce, and melee seems to be recommended to save SP when you can.

Also, if I beat the first boss, how far into the game would I be? I feel really guilty for playing so much on a friend's account, but I just want to see this through to see how good the first chapter is

Yeah, you want to get the enemy down so you can hold them up or release an all out attack.

Guns are pretty weak and I only use them against the enemies that are weak against gun fire.

An eighth of the way or less.

Lunar15

You're dead to me.

It's so much stronger and there's a great variety in areas you don't even expect. The dungeon themes are better than P3 and 4, the Boss/Miniboss themes are better, cutscene songs are better. I'd still probably put Mass Destruction and Reach Out to the Truth above Last Surprise, but it's right up there with them. Then you have little tiny loops like Have a Short Rest that pull everything together.

The major problem is that Beneath the Mask is used for morning cutscenes, afternoon, and in the evening. P3 and 4 had a different theme for your house and for walking around the city, but P5 has the same song for each. It's the most glaring issue, but it doesn't change the fact that even the most minor songs are better than they were in previous games. Of course, I say "better", but taste is subjective. The soundtrack is hitting the right notes for me, at least.

You have to understand, I say this as someone who has the P3 and 4 soundtracks in a main playlist and had them on loop for nearly two years. There's just *more* songs in this soundtrack that I'd like to listen to outside of the game.

Newman96

I kept Ryuji and Yusuke in. The Wind move is telegraphed so he can just guard during the next turn. Ryuji learns Rampage, too, which helps a ton. Getting a Shiisaa for the MC is also good, because it's strong against physical and also learns Rampage.

I'm around level 20, think I may just be too underlevelled

LiK

Shit, still pissed about being spoiled by one of those Persona 5 bots on twitter for a certain thing. Thankfully, you could see it coming in the actual game so it wasn't as big a deal overall. I'm now going through some good shit that was NOT spoiled for me, thankfully. Fuck people who went out of their way to spoil this game.

Guns are pretty weak and I only use them against the enemies that are weak against gun fire.

Some guns are worse than others. The problem with guns is that their damage rises with each consecutive shot (I think it doubles each time) so you have to choose between unloading a full clip into one enemy for great damage or saving your shots to plink individual enemies weak to gunfire to set up All-Out Attacks.

I've found Ann and Yusuke are best for plinking, while Morgana and Ryuji are great for focusing against a single target.

The spoiler thread is kind of dead so ill ask here(about the ending and whatnot)-

What was the deal with Morgana dreaming about his shadow in Mementos? I assumed we would fight it or at least confront it, but we never did. Did i miss something?

Philippo

Does anyone have a chart for all the Personas obtainable with fusions?
I need a Shiisa with Frei for Strenght Lv2 but the Palace with the only demon that naturally has it (Makami) is already gone.

Toki767

I need a Shiisa with Frei for Strenght Lv2 but the Palace with the only demon that naturally has it (Makami) is already gone.

Have you not caught Makami? If you caught him you can just summon him from the Velvet Room.

The spoiler thread is kind of dead so ill ask here-
[removed]

I haven't read your post (I'm averting my eyes), but let me just tell you this is NOT how you spoiler!

Read the mod post on spoilers like the thread title warns.

What is the date you're referring to? What is the context? How is anybody supposed to know whether or not they can click your post?

I haven't read your post (I'm averting my eyes), but let me just tell you this is NOT how you spoiler!

Read the post on spoilers like the title warns.

What is the date you're referring to? What is the context? How is anybody supposed to know whether or not they can click your post?

Yeah. I'm in December and yet I still wouldn't want to click that spoiler tag.

Read the mod post on spoilers like the thread title warns.

My bad. Fixed it...i think.

Did you download the free skill card set from PSN? That has Frei. You could just wait to teach it to a Shiisa as soon as the option is available if you can't get a Makami.

Guess Who

Banned
I mean, see that's the problem. I totally do like those characters. Especially
Takemi
. But cannot
date them
due to the context of my player character. As opposed to it being,
"Oh, hey, I'm an adult --
I want to date an adult."
It almost feels like,
"Oh hey, I condone adult-minor relationships!"

On the flipside, as a twenty-something playing this game, it feels weird for me as an IRL adult to date high school girls. Like, especially dating
Futaba
feels like it'd be super creepy and gross because she
is barely even of high school age, and both looks and acts even younger

My bad. Fixed it...i think.

No worries, man. You just need to be extra careful in this thread since it has players from every hour of the game.

On the flipside, as a twenty-something playing this game, it feels weird for me as an IRL adult to date high school girls. Like, especially dating
Futaba
feels like it'd be super creepy and gross because she
is barely even of high school age, and both looks and acts even younger

In
Futaba's
case, I completely agree. I'm not touching the romantic options of that Confidant with a 10 foot pole. While she rocks as a character, the relationship path with her also seems to be capitalizing on another upsetting Japanese mainstream storytelling trend
which is the fetishization of female children.
This is why I think they picked the voice actor they did (in the English dub). They want her to
feel more adult, and not like the socially stunted 14-15 year old she actually is.

Weebos

Banned

nOoblet16

Some guns are worse than others. The problem with guns is that their damage rises with each consecutive shot (I think it doubles each time) so you have to choose between unloading a full clip into one enemy for great damage or saving your shots to plink individual enemies weak to gunfire to set up All-Out Attacks.

I've found Ann and Yusuke are best for plinking, while Morgana and Ryuji are great for focusing against a single target.

Yeah, you want to get the enemy down so you can hold them up or release an all out attack.

An eighth of the way or less.
I don't wanna spoil anything for you guys but guns are not as weak or situational as you think.

Also imo getting them weak for an all out attack is not always the best thing to do, atleast in late game with Ryuiji's charge ability I'd rather do a baton pass to him and have him do the God hand instead of all out attack.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't wanna spoil anything for you guys but guns are not as weak or situational as you think.

Also getting them weak for an all out attack is not always the best thing to do, atleast in late game with Ryuiji's charge ability I'd rather do a baton pass to him and have him do the God hand instead of all out attack.

I am early game and so is he...I figure I will learn more as time goes on.

nOoblet16

Wait... Is it me of the standard music you hear when in the attic suddenly has lyrics? The fuck
That track has 3 version instrumental (plays at start), normal with vocals (starts playing after you are a few months into the game) and slow track with vocals (plays on rainy days)

Toki767

So what exactly is an Arcana? Is it the type for a Persona?

Yep. Each person you can have an S-Link with is also tied a certain Arcana.

If you do an S-Link event while having a matching Persona of the same Arcana, you get bonus points for your responses.

Weiss

Banned
Am I crazy or do you get more EXP on NG+? I've noticed that the EXP pool isn't divided between party members anymore, but I'm not sure if that actually happened on NG. I remember going solo with Joker a few times to get the EXP for myself but here I get everything listed and I'm at least three levels higher now than I was at the same point in NG.

Weebos

Banned
So what exactly is an Arcana? Is it the type for a Persona?

The words comes from the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck. Ingame it's just the type of Persona and what Confidant it relates to.

Am I crazy or do you get more EXP on NG+? I've noticed that the EXP pool isn't divided between party members anymore, but I'm not sure if that actually happened on NG. I remember going solo with Joker a few times to get the EXP for myself but here I get everything listed and I'm at least three levels higher now than I was at the same point in NG.

I think I asked this yesterday,
but did you max Moon last time and get their item at the end of the game?

If so you have those perks unlocked from the start of NG+.

LiK

11/21

The scenes about the long con was mad genius. I'm so glad this wasn't spoiled for me. It's also super refreshing how Sojiro and Sae are now part of the team. Thank you writers.

Even though p5 ost is very consistent overall

There still hasn't been any similar to

Battle for Everyone's Soul
Memories of You

These two alone left a huge impact on me

bomblord1

Banned
Futaba acts so much like one of my previous girlfriends that it's a little scary.

Right down to the red hair, slender build with no muscle, glasses, and weird habit of pulling her knees up and putting her feet on the chair she's sitting on. She also doesn't pick up on social cues or norms well, is very picky about little details, and has weird habits like sitting in the corners of rooms or on the floor.

Seriously they could be the same person if not for the fact Futaba's a hacker.

Weiss

Banned
The words comes from the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck. Ingame it's just the type of Persona and what Confidant it relates to.

I think I asked this yesterday,
but did you max Moon last time and get their item at the end of the game?

If so you have those perks unlocked from the start of NG+.

I didn't max anyone last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom