• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

I'd definitely add

Layer Cake (Gun Shop Theme)
Price (3rd Dungeon)
Butterfly Kiss (Doctor's Theme)
Life Goes On (Exam Theme)

to that list.

The soundtrack is exceptional. It's so remarkably coherent and catchy in all aspects. It's hard to find a song I dislike. I'm not sure if there's a single song that tops something like Your Affection, but this is a much stronger soundtrack overall than the last two games, at least so far.

My only problem is that Beneath The Mask is a bit overused. They needed a different song for the morning, since Beneath The Mask is such a great song for night-time/after dungeons.
When Butterfly Kiss kicks in..... whew lad. straight fire.
Layer Cake is a standout as well.

Even though p5 ost is very consistent overall

There still hasn't been any similar to

Battle for Everyone's Soul
Memories of You

These two alone left a huge impact on me
idk if I like it better than P4's overall but I'd be lying if I said Rivers in the Desert and Whims of Fate didn't quickly ascend to being the top tracks in the series for me.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Game is finally starting to click!! Very nice.

I absolutely LOVE how the music in the social life aspect is evaluating with a singer and stuff over time.

nOoblet16

"Throbbing king of desire"....lmao

bJfj9FPh.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never understood how that persona keeps falling through the cracks lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never knew the Persona games were M rated. Well there you go then.

I cant wait for GB to get or fight this persona in the P4 ER lol (plese say it happens)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Found a P4 Easter Egg I hadn't seen anyone else mention:

Haru invites you to Chinatown at one point and gives you a decoration from your room that has Teddie at the top.

Spent 2 hours yesterday cheesing (Mementos lingering spoiler)
the Reaper
, and now I'm level 99 and feeling fine.

Qurupeke

Finished the game at around 85 hours, that was a fun ride. There was some stuff I didn't like or sections of the game that overstayed their welcome, but when you're willing to give 85 hours in a game, it's certainly doing something right. Overall, it was great, one of the best JRPGs I've played the recent years. And certainly the most stylish game I've ever played!

Ending spoilers:

Really enjoyed the stuff after Palace 7. Honestly, I wasn't very keen on the grand plot with Shido, felt way too typical and predictable even if it had its moments, but the absurdity after that was really worth it. Summoning a devil to fight a god in Christmas Eve, things surely went over the top and I loved it. The final fight was also basically an over the top JRPG boss, which I appreciate.

I'll likely start NG+ soon, as I didn't even max half of the confidants, but for now... emancipation.

nOoblet16

Holy fucking shit at the amount of damage Ryuji does with his God's hand if you let him charge while the rest of the team stacks 2 attack buffs on him and debuff the enemy defense. Like omg wow !

Thud

That finale dungeon.

Straight outta SMT

I love how this game is playing with the players cognition. Now things are making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom