• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a small thing, but they did a great job on the Info area for the game (whatever it's called when you press down when a game is selected in the OS). Really nice design work.

AngryMoth

First persona game for me. Holy shit the intro was stylish as fuck.

Seems I'm getting so overscan which is not an issue I've ever had with my tv before, is there a way to fix this?

So how does one enable Japanese voicing in the game? I've downloaded the voice pack and I've yet to start the game and the PS Store listing is telling me to enable it via the config menu.

But I don't see an option to change between English and Japanese. Help.

tesqui

My package went from PA (Where I am) to New Jersey. I checked the map and it essentually passed by me. That was pretty pointless. Hopefully it comes back the other way!

So how does one enable Japanese voicing in the game? I've downloaded the voice pack and I've yet to start the game and the PS Store listing is telling me to enable it via the config menu.

But I don't see an option to change between English and Japanese. Help.

It should be the first option labelled as "enabling Japanese voices" or something like that.

It has to be accessed in the main menu I think.

My store's shipment was delayed due to bad weather, but he said they'll very likely just get it later today. Man I really hope so. I am on paid leave today just to play!

Is there a day one patch? Don't care about Japanese dub.

It should be the first option labelled as "enabling Japanese voices" or something like that.

It has to be accessed in the main menu I think.

Ah, it just showed up. For some reason, even though it was already installed, the option didn't show up the first two times. The first time booting it up, it wasn't there despite it being installed. Exited it out and closed the game to then boot it up a second time and it still wasn't there.

Just did a third time and it was there. Even though it was already downloaded and installed at that point. Weird.

Cheers anyway!

Got my copy. Good bye every other game until I beat this.

Watching the PSN countdown until it unlocks is torture. I already stopped playing Mass Effect Andromeda and Zelda BOTW in anticipation of playing Persona 5. I've been waiting so long for this.

LProtag

Alright, now I'm starting to get a little worried as it hasn't shipped... I might downgrade to regular version for this if I can't get it tomorrow from Amazon and just pick it up at the store. Not sure what I'll do with the limited edition though, if that happens. Worst case I could just hold onto it or return it to Amazon.

Strimei

Also, the school questions can be hard as shit. One of them literally asked me what some Japanese word meant.

It was like "So the saying Kurukaniri(spelling lol) is an idiom. What does it mean?"

and I'm like "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Yup, that's Persona for ya.

For example, best shown by hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic:

aUDzUmp.png

BashNasty

So, I imagine this has been asked before, but real quick: does this have a preload and is it releasing at 12 eastern time in the US?

Teknoman

Duh. I just adore Shoji Meguro so much that I basically cannot start up a title he's worked on without listening to the intro song at least once. I don't think I've ever booted up a game he worked and skipped the intro. Like, ever. Even after multiple start ups and playthroughs.

Yeah always wait for at least two title loops.

PikkonX

So jealous of all you guys already playing this or playing soon. I have to wait till tomorrow for my TYH edition to arrive.

This morning, I had a pretty lucid dream where I was unboxing the game and JUST before I popped it in the PS4, my alarm went off. My friend said this was Igor contacting me 😂.

I did wake up to an Amazon shipping notification though. What's a few more hours?

Verelios

HaHahaha Bestbuy is still my best bro. I got it this morning and have been hyperventilating waiting to play it at night when I get home. This is going to be a sleepless week.

Amazon is fucking up my order hardcore. First my CE randomly got shifted to Thursday delivery, contacted a rep who confirmed it would be shipped with priority to still arrive Tuesday, for the past 12+ hours has been preparing for shipment so I decided to contact them again.

They gave me a promo credit, I go to check my order and it has been bumped back to Not Yet Shipped. Wat....

Amazon is fucking up my order hardcore. First my CE randomly got shifted to Thursday delivery, contacted a rep who confirmed it would be shipped with priority to still arrive Tuesday, for the past 12+ hours has been preparing for shipment so I decided to contact them again.

They gave me a promo credit, I go to check my order and it has been bumped back to Not Yet Shipped. Wat....
I feel your pain. Tried cancelling my CE this morning to just pick the base game up tomorrow, but it wouldn't let me because it says "shipping now." Half the day gone and it's still stuck on shipping now :/

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I've never gotten anything from Amazon US late before, but god they really kept me in suspense this time. 8:20pm shipping confirmation on my TYH for tomorrow. Jeez, cutting it close.

I feel your pain. Tried cancelling my CE this morning to just pick the base game up tomorrow, but it wouldn't let me because it says "shipping now." Half the day gone and it's still stuck on shipping now :/

Yeah its really pissing me off, Amazon has been screwing up my orders randomly for the past couple months. On the verge of just dealing with Gamestop and Best Buy again.

Hoping I can catch a restock of these at Best Buy or Gamestop tonight or tomorrow morning and just cancel this.

EDIT: And not even 5 minutes later its preparing for shipment again. Stop playing with my heart Amazon

quabba

The first question that you get in class in P5 is about
Plato's Tripatite Soul theory
that your teacher just springs on you. Well...at least I don't remember him explaining anything else about it beforehand. I could just be zoning out too haha.

Yikes. I havnt played P5 so I'm dont know what it's like the previous games. In 4 I was under the impression that they give you the info if you pay attention. At least some of the time I remembered what the answer was.

That comic is accurate with the cooking, I never made a dish well

Got my Amazon shipping notification for the Take Your Heart Edition, still tempted to go find a place that broke street date. In the meantime I'll just try and patiently play more Nier Automata. Got that Japanese Vo downloaded though.

mike6467

Yeah, somehow they shipped mine today, but with two day shipping. The site still said delivery tomorrow, but according to the tracking number, UPS hasn't even taken possession of the package and they're tentatively expecting delivery on Wednesday. I've never had a problem with their release day delivery either. I'm going too call them tomorrow so I can get a credit or at least a refund on the one day shipping I paid for.

This is the TYH edition to, so while I really, really want to play as soon as it goes up, I have a hard time dropping $125 to double dip (not sure that's logical considering how much I care about this series and how long I've been waiting lol).

Edit:

You've got to be kidding me:
RgIUw8c.png

bleaker

Jeeze, I beat Persona 4 four years ago my freshman year of high school and here we are my freshman year in college with P5 about to drop. I haven't had to wait near as long as some of you, but still...even though I have mixed emotions about P4, I am super hyped for tomorrow.

Ulong

Don't want to read the thread just yet, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many months long the game is?

KodaRuss

This is such dogshit still no shipping notification from Amazon. I am going to complain and stop ordering games from them if this shows up late like my last few preorders have.

Socivol

Alright, now I'm starting to get a little worried as it hasn't shipped... I might downgrade to regular version for this if I can't get it tomorrow from Amazon and just pick it up at the store. Not sure what I'll do with the limited edition though, if that happens. Worst case I could just hold onto it or return it to Amazon.

Have you contacted support? My shipping date changed to tomorrow and I wouldn't get it until Thursday. I contacted support and they changed it to one day shipping for today and I will get it tomorrow.

BiggNife

Anyone here know if the Take Your Heart edition is supposed to get the Prime 20% discount or not? I assumed it was, but Amazon is only giving me a $4 discount for some reason.

Zafir

Is this better than P3? I tried it but couldn't get into. I liked the school stuff but didn't lIke the rpg stuff lol

I mean it's very similar.

That said, Persona 5 offers a "Safety" difficulty mode which makes the RPG parts trivial. You could just enjoy the school aspects and the story then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom