• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Mine has shipped from Best Buy. Hoping it gets here tomorrow but I'm not sure if I start it before Friday night. I don't want to go to work exhausted because I play a video game all night.

Labrys

Mine was just delivered but I'm at work for another 5 hours (;´Д`)
I have the day off tomorrow to play but the wait is gonna kill me now

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
40 minutes left

1xyjD.gif

ChanMan

Ok, I just moved. im 100% digital this gen and prefer my games that way. The internet won't be up until tomorrow morning, so I decided to buy P5 physical (only cause I grabbed the steel book edition). Is there a day 1 patch and if so, how big is it? Can I use my phone hotspot for it tonight?

I don't believe there is a day one patch in order unless someone else can confirm but you should be fine playing this as is.

Stencil

My local Gamestop in Minneapolis had 1 preorder left for the steelbook edition that I snagged, and they're doing the 9pm release thing tonight, so I guess I get to go grab that in a few hours!

I just had to swallow my distaste for Gamestop.

Gamestop called me for 9:00 PM preorder pickup. But... I need to prep a lecture tonight. Adult responsibilities > Persona (just barely). Going to grab it tomorrow before class though, and leave it sitting in my car all day, calling to me.

Strimei

Got confirmation my TYH edition shipped and should be here by 8 pm tomorrow.

I kind of can't believe it, still. So many years...

RPGCrazied

Tomorrow is going to be such a day! Getting P5, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story(haven't seen it yet) and Cowboy Bebop on bluray.

ubiblu

Someone has made an account that will auto-tweet P5 spoilers at anyone who mentions the game. The account name is a spoiler as well so I won't provide the @ to be absolutely safe.

There are two spoilers in the game: one that's easy to guess, and another that only really impacts a small demographic of players. Having known of both before even starting my import run, I can confirm that neither will negatively affect your playthrough whatsoever.

LProtag

Still waiting on shipping and it's starting to get a bit late...

if I wasn't getting the limited edition I could just do a switcheroo if there was a problem and grab a copy at Best Buy or something. Here's hoping it ships shortly.

quabba

Do we know how long until US psn unlocks? Im waiting to buy it with a 15% off code but I have to wait until it stops being a pre-order to use the code.

Reszo

Wonder if I should hold off and wait for the Thanatos and Tsukiyomi DLC to release. I really want them in my main collection.

Mikey Jr.

Where are the newcomer impressions?
Come on now

First Persona.

Picked it up on Saturday.

First impression?

Addicting. Its got that "just 1 more day" addiction to it.

It is VERY EASY to psyche yourself out. Each day seems very valuable, and you want to do everything in one day, but you can't. You have to choose. I keep thinking "I'm missing something right now, I know it". But I learned to let go. I REFUSE to follow a fucking guide. So I'm just playing the game now how I want to play it and I love it.

Also, the school questions can be hard as shit. One of them literally asked me what some Japanese word meant.

It was like "So the saying Kurukaniri(spelling lol) is an idiom. What does it mean?"

and I'm like "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

And one more thing, you take the subway to get around. I won't lie, this is really really really confusing. I literally had no idea how to get back to my house via the subways. I actually started laughing to myself on how ridiculous the situation was.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Cancelled my Amazon steelbook edition so I could download and play tonight. I rarely have time to play but I have today off, so I figured this would be a better option. That, and digital makes sense for this release.

Dommel

You can, you must've been doing it wrong. Press triangle to toggle which language you want it on when you load a save. You need to save the game again after doing this to apply the change.

Thanks, was really confused why it didn't switch to Japanese after making sure it was set to Japanese in Config for like 5 times after downloading the JPN DLC.

BTA

Tried to block the person on Twitter who's randomly spoiling people. Made it to through the blocking process without seeing it and then immediately saw their display name on the way out. Welp.

It seems like a big thing but it was... at least a thing I might have guessed based on stuff I saw previously?

Rozart

Do people not just Google the answers for the class questions? That's what I've done for all the Persona games I've played anyway.

I've been at it for nearly 6 hours and I'm still in the tutorial. I really love how Persona games introduce you to the gameplay mechanics and the world as well as the characters.

I had to go to class now but I'm diving right back in afterwards.

Feels so good to play a new Persona game again.

kevin1025

Banned
Just preordered on PSN, preloading now!

This and Zelda, then next week Yooka-Laylee and Cosmic Star Heroine added to the pile. What a time to be gaming, man.

Rozart

No you pay attention and you'll know the answers.... I always zone out and then just guess...

The first question that you get in class in P5 is about
Plato's Tripatite Soul theory
that your teacher just springs on you. Well...at least I don't remember him explaining anything else about it beforehand. I could just be zoning out too haha.

ckohler

I'm curious as to why so many people who wanted to play this day one, ordered online. That seems super risky.

I can only speak for myself but I really wanted the "Take Your Heart" collectors edition and it was first announced on Amazon so I ordered it immediately just in case there were limited supplies.

Megasoum

Banned
So I just pre-ordered the game on the PSN store, it's in my library but I'm not seeing a pre-load option anywhere... I can download the DLC but not the main game.

I tried restarting the PS4 and restoring the licenses but still nothing.

Any ideas?

brainslug

Played for a couple of hours, finished the
mini-dungeon where you'll meet Morgana.
Very strong start. Loved the music, the atmosphere and the characters. And this is just the start of a 80+ hour journey. Oh boy, I am so excited.

I can only speak for myself but I really wanted the "Take Your Heart" collectors edition and it was first announced on Amazon so I ordered it immediately just in case there were limited supplies.
Same. I actually would have gotten it from Gamestop but I figure I have no intention of going to the midnight opening and I'm fairly busy with work tomorrow. I can come back home and grab it from my mailbox

Rozart

I was going to buy Goro's theme until I realised that PSN has a $10 minimum spend limit...

Still contemplating tbh.

Well I got this via free (non prime) amazon shipping but it says it'll arrive between 10-14th and I didn't want to wait and decided to go digital.

So I cancelled it, but now it says "attempting to cancel" since it was already being prepared for ahipment.

Does anyone know how long it'll take to tell me weather its cancelled or not? I need the cancelled amazon credit to buy PSN cards on amazon. Welp.

Well whatever happens, happens I guess. I may get Beautiful Steelbook later, or digital tonight. 50/50 chance of either happening. This is weird, I wish I knew.

EDIT: IT WAS CANCELLED!!!

thats that I guess. I love being a physical collector, but especially since playing on tv hurts mu legs and back I kinda just want to start asap. New Persona begins tonight!

Merkunt

Had to delete some games to make space for this. Expecting a 20minutes download plus 50minutes maybe 1hour to install (damn you PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom