• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haolee

Neo Member
The US Reg 1 DLC works with my Reg 3 copy of the game. Weird, and as far as I know it's unprecedented. But I'll take what I can get.

3 hours into the game.

I really like Ryuji's dub. Morgana as well.

Joker's random voice lines kinda sound weird.

Art style is beyond amazing, sometimes even distracting.

So far, liking the story, but it doesn't differ too much from Persona 4 in terms of the "inner self" motto.

I hope it has some twists.

The going back and forth in the calendar is really cool.

Sakura is an asshole, I hope he delivers.

Renmyra

If this is your first Persona game I recommend Normal.

Playing on at least Hard. The game looks simple enough for someone with plenty RPG experience.

I'm just not sure I'm masochistic enough to reduce XP gain by 60% right off the bat. Tales' difficulty system is similar, but it's more gradual so you don't notice it as much when unlocking a new difficulty.

ds1724

Got an email from Best Buy that it's ready for pickup but I don't know if I trust it enough to go down there and try, Anyone have luck getting it from BB today?

i don't have a ton of experience with RPGs, but i watched a few trailers and this looks like something i want to try. I'm not sure how the "1 year" game time works. So i have to beat certain dungeons before a specific date in the game correct?

Anyways, it looks fun, but I wasn't sure if it was something i should blind buy. Since i have the gamefly for $1 for 1 month, i put it in my queue and it shipped today. It should be here on Wednesday.

Jb

Damn, I knew from the trailers Kamashida was a scumbag but it's kind of horrible to see how tight his grasp on the school is.

Glad I waited for the Japanese voices, the dub is excellent so far.

I bash on Amazon enough around here but I have to give them props on this. I had the wrong card on file and my order was delayed (shipping Tuesday here Friday) I fixed it and they moved my shipping to overnight at no charge so it can still be here release day.

Thanks Amazon.

Zeusy

Well as it happens, you can say that Persona 5 is very similar like Pokemon in that you collect various monsters to do your bidding, lol, plus the battle system is also similar with element strength/weaknesses etc etc. Add to that fancy stylish graphic, incredible music, and social/dating simulator to boot.

I think there's a big chance that you will enjoy it!

I ended up going to GameStop and Preordered it trade in some old games, cost me nothing but a trip. EXCITED for tonight!

Got an email from Best Buy that it's ready for pickup but I don't know if I trust it enough to go down there and try, Anyone have luck getting it from BB today?
I wouldn't waste the trip. I don't think they will sell it the day before launch even though it's ready for pickup. I've tried before.

WhyMe6

For once, I wanted a physical copy instead of going digital, so I pre-ordered from Play-Asia as it was the place I could get it delivered fastest. But, here I am, twiddling my thumbs on "preparing order". Really disappointed, I was hoping it would have arrived by release date or at least shipped by now.

I preordered the game from Amazon in September and (no surprise) my copy is slated to arrive tomorrow. However, a friend at work preordered last week (because I worked so hard to convince her to play it) and somehow got her copy today! Since she's still playing Horizon, she's letting me have her copy tonight and I'll bring mine in for her when it arrives. Which is great since I won't be able to play until Wednesday night otherwise.

I'm currently listening to an extended version of the battle theme on Soundcloud just getting SO hype.

Amazon tells me that I'm getting it on release day, then sends me an email saying that it won't arrive until Wednesday for some reason.

Oh well, Nier until Wednesday then.

Hmm my GameStop is releasing persona 5 At 9 pm EST. I could get it but I have the TYH edition for $57 coming tomorrow I hope. Meh I guess I can be patience and finish the other games o already started.

Sorry if this has been answered 100 times already but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I know the game comes out at midnight on PSN, but is that in my timezone, or a set time zone like Eastern? I live in Newfoundland which is an hour and a half ahead of Eastern, so I'm really hoping that means I can play at midnight tonight and not 1:30AM (or worse, 4:30AM if it's Pacific).

Thanks!

Played three hours and am completely engrossed. This game just oozes style. It was almost distracting at first, all of the jazzy menus and animations, but now I'm used to it all it just looks so slick and cool.

hampig

If I play this game without a Social Link guide are there any general rules that will help me see the most S-Links? I played 4 with a guide all the way through and got to see almost every link, but this time I kind of just don't want to worry about it as much.

Grewitch

My copy arrived today and I've played only two hours so far, it's going to hook me in, I can tell. Very slick and I'm liking the first character you meet already.

Someone has made an account that will auto-tweet P5 spoilers at anyone who mentions the game. The account name is a spoiler as well so I won't provide the @ to be absolutely safe.

So it looks like the digital PS3 version released at midnight on a few foreign PSN stores (India and Finland for example) -- even though that's Deep Silver, is that a good sign of an actual midnight release for the digital PS3 version in the US?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Someone has made an account that will auto-tweet P5 spoilers at anyone who mentions the game. The account name is a spoiler as well so I won't provide the @ to be absolutely safe.

Wow, fuck people like this. Does Twitter have a policy for​ banning people that do this?

Mengetsu

Some people have no remorse for for others feelings. What a waste of time. Looks like I won't be looking at twitter much.

ChanMan

For the people that maybe interesting in swapping between both JP and ENG VO i don't believe you can once you already start up your save. Just tried switching it JP on one of my later saves and it was still on the ENG setting. So in summary you locked into the using either English or JP once you start the game.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
For the people that maybe interesting in swapping between both JP and ENG VO i don't believe you can once you already start up your save. Just tried switching it JP on one of my later saves and it was still on the ENG setting. So in summary you locked into the using either English or JP once you start the game.

That's weird, you sure you're pressing triangle on the load screen and not changing the setting in config? Did you start your save prior to installing the DLC?

haolee

Neo Member

You can, you must've been doing it wrong. Press triangle to toggle which language you want it on when you load a save. You need to save the game again after doing this to apply the change.

ChanMan

That's weird, you sure you're pressing triangle on the load screen and not changing the setting in config? Did you start your save prior to installing the DLC?

You can, you must've been doing it wrong. Press triangle to toggle which language you want it on when you load a save. You need to save the game again after doing this to apply the change.

You guys are right, false alarm! Sorry about that.

Ok, I just moved. im 100% digital this gen and prefer my games that way. The internet won't be up until tomorrow morning, so I decided to buy P5 physical (only cause I grabbed the steel book edition). Is there a day 1 patch and if so, how big is it? Can I use my phone hotspot for it tonight?

styl3s

Is there a way i can enter this persons name and block them without going to their profile because i have mentioned Persona twice on twitter today and thankfully haven't been spoiled. yet.

mrjohill

WQhvgkM.jpg

Yessssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom