• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

Amazon is fucking up my order hardcore. First my CE randomly got shifted to Thursday delivery, contacted a rep who confirmed it would be shipped with priority to still arrive Tuesday, for the past 12+ hours has been preparing for shipment so I decided to contact them again.

They gave me a promo credit, I go to check my order and it has been bumped back to Not Yet Shipped. Wat....

I wish Amazon would just ship them early and you might get them a bit early then shipping "on time". When Horizon came out I waited all day and around 7 PM they said that there was an issue with delivery (which there shouldn't be I live in a full service building with a doorman) and it wouldn't arrive for an additional 3 days. I ended up going to Target to get the game and paid more for it.

Is this better than P3? I tried it but couldn't get into. I liked the school stuff but didn't lIke the rpg stuff lol

If your main problem was boring, randomly generated dungeons, than yes. This game is better than P3/4 in that regard. All the dungeons are set now, no more randomized hallways.

After finishing the 2nd dungeons early, I feel pressured to choose between improving S Links and stats against going to the
Mementos without SP recovery.

I wasn't very impressed with the music at the beginning, but 16 hours in, the awesomeness is really kicking in. Them vocal tracks are so lit.

giving amazon the benefit of the doubt, last time it took them this long to say 'shipping' it was shipped the day off and arrived on time. They haven't changed my delivery date.

Strimei

That was one of the parts of the game where I'm glad I'm somewhat familiar with Japanese cuisine that isn't sushi and ramen.

I knew a few of them and just guessed my best, first playthrough. Part of the fun is getting the horrible versions and seeing the reactions.

And there's the solace that you at least never concoct something on the level of Mystery Food X.

Is there a way i can enter this persons name and block them without going to their profile because i have mentioned Persona twice on twitter today and thankfully haven't been spoiled. yet.
Just saw that someone made a blocklist that is just the spoiler account for that exact purpose: https://twitter.com/voltysquirrel/status/849047955302629376

Man, I read the first two words of that user name and noped out so hard. Glad I didn't see the rest of it, but watch out y'all.

Got him blocked so thanks for posting that.
Oh shit, sorry about that. I didn't realize that they still show the display name on the actual page below "block all and subscribe." It's infinitely easier to avoid reading it by using the blocklist, but definitely still be careful when using it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Anyone here know if the Take Your Heart edition is supposed to get the Prime 20% discount or not? I assumed it was, but Amazon is only giving me a $4 discount for some reason.
I think you're in the same situation as me. The original price is $90. So with the discount, it's 90-18=$72. At some point, they had discounted the game to $76.50. So the prime discount is only $4.50, to bring it down to the original $72. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but my explanation makes sense.

Vinter

Couple of hours in and I am mighty impressed by both the visuals and music in this game. Obviously very early still, but I am looking forward to playing some more. Seems like the kind of game that can burn hours.

mike6467

I'm double dipping. Amazon just switched the delivery date as pending after they updated the info to "Carrier Delay - Truck Mechanical" on their tracking page. Note that UPS still says they were waiting to receive the package from Amazon, so that means something happened while Amazon was trying to get their stuff to UPS.

I still really want the TYH edition, and I've got $25 in my PSN wallet, so this isn't the worst thing. Though the paranoid part of me is worried someone pulled it off the truck before it got to UPS and now there isn't a TYH edition for me. Either way I think I'm going to make sure I can play this when it goes live tonight. Boo Amazon, really disappointed, and while I haven't had issues with their stuff before, this whole thing has gone awry at every point. Not sure I'll deal with them on day one stuff.

Olengie

I think you're in the same situation as me. The original price is $90. So with the discount, it's 90-18=$72. At some point, they had discounted the game to $76.50. So the prime discount is only $4.50, to bring it down to the original $72. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but my explanation makes sense.

This is correct. They only do 20% off the msrp, which is $90.

Theyre not going to do 20% off 76. You can try and get a rep who might do it. But that is rare

BiggNife

Ah okay, yeah, that's it I think. Thanks for clearing that up. Kinda shitty that the discount doesn't apply to the lowest price, but it's something I guess.

carlsojo

Just gotta finish my shift tonight... then maybe play an hour or so before work tomorrow if it gets here in time D: But after that I'm off for TWO GLORIOUS WEEKS

daveo42

Banned
Went around to see if I could grab a copy of Persona 5 early. Found it a one at Meijer (regional Walmart-type place) and they had copies out. I should have known better than to get my hopes up as it was date restricted. Here's hoping I can hold out a few more hours and my copy comes in the mail early tomorrow.

Darkman M

Went around to see if I could grab a copy of Persona 5 early. Found it a one at Meijer (regional Walmart-type place) and they had copies out. I should have known better than to get my hopes up as it was date restricted. Here's hoping I can hold out a few more hours and my copy comes in the mail early tomorrow.

Waiting on my Take your Hear edition from Amazon that will be here tomorrow, so tempted to just buy it tonight digitally and play, but I must be strong.

mike6467

Just called my local shop. They're selling it and they just set aside a copy for me. Going to get it now.

Funny thing though, she said "we can sell it early, but you can't get online until 10PM tonight because otherwise they'll brick your system."

Lol

Edit: And got! Got a steelbook edition, will likely unload it whenever Amazon gets their shit together and gets me my TYH box. Still, super psyched, everyone enjoy!

WaterAstro

I've asked this a while back but didn't get an answer, but is there a max social link guide out there?

Or does anyone know if the game gives you enough time to max social links even if you screw up a bunch?

I've asked this a while back but didn't get an answer, but is there a max social link guide out there?

Or does anyone know if the game gives you enough time to max social links even if you screw up a bunch?

GameFAQs already has a guide that includes the Persona fusions too.

cj_iwakura

C8h9sLPXsAURYGk.jpg

Let's start it.

Koppai

Totally forgot about my Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition order from GameStop. They just called me to let me know they would be selling them tonight at 9 PM. I told them to cancel it, and he was like "Are you sure? This is a highly sought after item. I already got it at Best Buy cheaper."

Should I have kept it and tried to scalp it? Nah...not this time lmao.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn cant find that song that plays when ann and shiho are talking on the bench

anyone know where on the OST it is?

Dynasty8

I asked earlier guys regarding difficulty and got a single response. Just want others input too.

I want a good challenge but I don't want to lose an hour of progress by getting unfair enemies who can one shot your entire party immediately when entering a battle.

Question is, what would you recommend? Normal, hard, or very hard?

LProtag

Amazon just shipped right as I was about to go to bed. Super late.

Anyway, UPS has it estimated as being here tomorrow and they're pretty much never wrong, so I should be good.

AwShucks

For the longest time Best Buy had a delivery date of today for me. I knew better than to believe it, yet when it still said that today I though "maybe it'll be true." Nope, UPS just updated the tracking saying tomorrow. I should have known better.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Steelbook get !

Looks so god damn cool, has reversible cover art too. Everything about the game oozes style.

20170403_211911pjsqj.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dunno if you know this, but take a picture with flash on.

har har :p

I tried, light too shiny on the glossy steelbook. See pic of PS3 version above with the huge flash glare.

Also, my steelbook is more clear, the one you've postes seems to be more obsidian/black, did they ship different kinds ?

XaosWolf

I have no idea how Persona 6 could look better than this one. EVERYTHING is stylish up to the eyeballs.

And I'm digging tge whole palace infiltration thing. I know its basically the same as the P4 dungeins in gameplay, bht its dressed in such a way that I really don't care that I'm just doing the same thing over and over.

At least they aren't just endless plain hallway mazes.

First persona game for me. Holy shit the intro was stylish as fuck.

Seems I'm getting so overscan which is not an issue I've ever had with my tv before, is there a way to fix this?

I had this happen after changing a HDMI cable.

2 things to try:
1) In the PS4 screen setting make sure the Display Area setting is correct.
2) Check your TV setting for aspect ratio and try changing it from 16:9 to Full. (This fixed it for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom