• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Lorcain

My typical Persona 5 gaming session: It's already late so I'll just play for about 30 minutes tonight. 2-3 hours later...ok just 1 more day and I'll really go to sleep (it's 3am in RL).

There are so many hilarious, wonderfully weird little things that happen each play session that I can't ever remember them all. One of my favorites that cracks me up every damn time is when the twin warden jumps down to kick launch me through the door. "Get in there inmate!"

TissueBox

My typical Persona 5 gaming session: It's already late so I'll just play for about 30 minutes tonight. 2-3 hours later...ok just 1 more day and I'll really go to sleep (it's 3am in RL).

There are so many hilarious, wonderfully weird little things that happen each play session that I can't ever remember them all. One of my favorites that cracks me up every damn time is when the twin warden jumps down to kick launch me through the door. "Get in there inmate!"

Damn right!! ^^'

Opa-Pa

There's nothing about active party options from the stats menu in the tutorial? I thought it came up during Palace 2 that you could swap at any time thanks to your reserve characters were just behind you but not with you.

... Well I feel silly now. I guess I skipped that one because I thought it was going to say something obvious :(

Man the fourth palace music is amazing

Half the posters hate it but I thought it was pretty inoffensive haha. P4 had so many bad dungeon tracks that anything is better at this point.

TP

There's nothing about active party options from the stats menu in the tutorial? I thought it came up during Palace 2 that you could swap at any time thanks to your reserve characters were just behind you but not with you.

Yep the game lets you know you can do it via the stats screen

ZC9LiyT.png

I think I'm about to romance ann. 1) are there issues for financing multiple? And 2) I saw you can do friendship instead of romance, is there any difference?

daveo42

Banned
I think I'm about to romance ann. 1) are there issues for financing multiple? And 2) I saw you can do friendship instead of romance, is there any difference?

2) I've found a few end up briefly disappointed you didn't wanna get with them, mostly the
high school girls

Ultimadrago

Lala is some sort of miracle.

Yeah, more recently even Yakuza 0, made the butt of a Hit-On Straight Dudes/Mr.Libido joke out of their trans Mamasan. It's nice to see one that is written competently with a good head on their shoulders. Lala made for a great foil for Ohya's irresponsible drinking!

MoonFrog

Well, just beat the game for the second time today. Got all the social links/requests/compendium. I didn't beat the
twins
or the reaper. I thought the
twins
would be available to fight on the last day, but didn't seem they were.

The dungeons and combat is so much better than previous entries, although I've always liked the combat, for the most part. I still think some of the bosses are fairly lame.

Social links were quite easy to finish completely on a second playthrough. I had nothing left to finish by
December,
and I didn't do any rigorous scheduling. It was nice being able to date Makoto after the link was done and I had the time to do it.

I think the cast was very even. There was no one I detested, like I did Teddy for example (Morgana was great). I also wasn't as singularly grabbed by the characters as I have been in previous games. I like them in a quieter way.

The ending felt very rushed. I liked the
November
twist, and it went well with the genre. But after that
Shido/Akechi
were handled completely through info dumps and while I get where they were going with the final arc, it felt rushed. Game should've gone into the next year, imo and done more with all the stories tying into
Shido

I also think the final dungeon was fairly lame in comparison to the previous dungeons.
I liked killing the archangels, but the map was completely boring and it had no interesting loot. Sort of makes the eternal lockpick pointless.

Edit:

Oh also: I grew up in a small town so Inaba resonated a lot more with me as a setting. I appreciate the extent to which you could get around Tokyo, but I always felt pretty distant from the world, which was somewhat disappointing. On the other hand, I did enjoy my life being mostly outside school, so its a bit of a mixed bag there, for me.

Opa-Pa

Sometimes you get so many that you forget. It's pretty front loaded.

To be fair the game is pretty damn stupid with tutorials too.

In the prologue you're forced to traverse part of a dungeon doing simple stuff like jumping and fighting an enemy, but once it's over and you visit the first palace the game teaches you to do these same things with a tutorial lol.

Jisgsaw

Reposting, if anybody knows... Thanks.

So I'm in October, and after checking, it seems I haven't done the Convenience Store Memento mission (which apparently unlocks in August).
The problem for me is that working there twice didn't unlock it... Is there any way to trigger it?

daveo42

Banned
To be fair the game is pretty damn stupid with tutorials too.

In the prologue you're forced to traverse part of a dungeon doing simple stuff like jumping and fighting an enemy, but once it's over and you visit the first palace the game teaches you to do these same things with a tutorial lol.

The bit about exploiting weaknesses was weird after already doing several times. Like, I got this game. Same with capturing persona. Then again I guess this is alot of people's first persona.

nOoblet16

Well, just beat the game for the second time today. Got all the social links/requests/compendium. I didn't beat the
twins
or the reaper. I thought the
twins
would be available to fight on the last day, but didn't seem they were.

The dungeons and combat is so much better than previous entries, although I've always liked the combat, for the most part. I still think some of the bosses are fairly lame.

Social links were quite easy to finish completely on a second playthrough. I had nothing left to finish by
December,
and I didn't do any rigorous scheduling. It was nice being able to date Makoto after the link was done and I had the time to do it.

I think the cast was very even. There was no one I detested, like I did Teddy for example (Morgana was great). I also wasn't as singularly grabbed by the characters as I have been in previous games. I like them in a quieter way.

The ending felt very rushed. I liked the
November
twist, and it went well with the genre. But after that
Shido/Akechi
were handled completely through info dumps and while I get where they were going with the final arc, it felt rushed. Game should've gone into the next year, imo and done more with all the stories tying into
Shido

I also think the final dungeon was fairly lame in comparison to the previous dungeons.
I liked killing the archangels, but the map was completely boring and it had no interesting loot. Sort of makes the eternal lockpick pointless.

Edit:

Oh also: I grew up in a small town so Inaba resonated a lot more with me as a setting. I appreciate the extent to which you could get around Tokyo, but I always felt pretty distant from the world, which was somewhat disappointing. On the other hand, I did enjoy my life being mostly outside school, so its a bit of a mixed bag there, for me.
If you know about the twins being the secret boss in MG+ then you probably looked it up online, and you should have just continued to look it up. You can fight them as early as the very first time you go to mementos out of your own choice, by simply talking to them. You do need to be at a high level to win the fight though.

MoonFrog

If you know about the twins being the secret boss in MG+ then you probably looked it up online, and you should have just continued to look it up. You can fight them as early as the very first time you go to mementos out of your own choice, by simply talking to them.

I didn't look it up. I talked to them. Tried it and decided just to save it until the end.

nOoblet16

10/29

just got
Akechi on my team...fucking finally! was like the worst kept secret of the game, but did confirm it earlier when I was looking up social links
It's not even a secret, just look at the OP of this thread. He is right there under main cast, plus he is on the cover and the tittle screen.

MTC100

Banned
I did! But
he brushed her off and didn't take it from her. I got killed and now Igor is telling me why as I recall Morgana and Futaba's plan.

Not sure if this is a bad ending but I'm definitely watching the whole thing.

You're on the right path ^^

mike6467

If I've been doing palaces in one shot up through December, can I reasonably expect to do the same for the treasure deadline on 12/17? I'm trying to max everything I can, but really don't want to get through the palace and find out they force you back into the real world to open a door or something, thus requiring two days to get to the treasure rather then one.

Also what level were people going into that dungeon?

MTC100

Banned

I feel you, I am finally free of the game, it cost me quite a lot of sleeping hours but it was mostly worth it.
They're only in November dude, edit that out.

Oh, i thought it was close to the point already.

Soma

Man end of summer has been comfy as hell especially with all the free time I had after finishing the palace in 2 runs.

The squad has really come into their own making them all a really compelling and charming cast of characters. Sojiro has done a complete 180 on my opinion of him and I'm excited to continue on his social link.

As I said before in this very page. Joker is very much a leader and you'll all see why. So reserve your judgement until you do. And it's isn't something the game pulls out of nowhere either. Makoto is the strategist but that alone doesn't make someone a leader.
I'll keep pushing on. It better be good :)

Finished Palace number 5, glad that's over. The second half was definitely better than the first half and the boss was alright too (Bit easy though on Normal).

9/25, 62ish hours in.

nOoblet16

Half the posters hate it but I thought it was pretty inoffensive haha. P4 had so many bad dungeon tracks that anything is better at this point.
One has to have pretty damn poor taste in music to actually hate the palace 4 theme. It is astonishingly good, very technical and the melody is very pleasing. The guitar riff in particular is just amazing !

Man end of summer has been comfy as hell especially with all the free time I had after finishing the palace in 2 runs.

The squad has really come into their own making them all a really compelling and charming cast of characters. Sojiro has done a complete 180 on my opinion of him and I'm excited to continue on his social link.
I haven't finished yet but it seemed obvious , from the start, that there's more to sojiro. For all the "adults are shitty" talk, I find many of the slink adults quite compelling and the teens to be insufferable, at times.

Top Bottom