• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Weiss

Banned
Once you get the name of the target you have to hangout with the confidant one more time so he can
give his Mom the calling card.

Ah, that makes sense.

I have one last question about December:
At what point do I lose free time? I've done Shido's dungeon and have eight days left on the clock, but apparently I have exams and a timeskip to the 24th.

Really? i'm at 11/11 72 hours

what is the average finish time?

I feel like my numbers are a little bit too high. The average hours for Persona 5 according to How Long to Beat:

Main story - 95 Hours
Main + Extras - 104 Hours
Completionist - 172 Hours

Opa-Pa

One has to have pretty damn poor taste in music to actually hate the palace 4 theme. It is astonishingly good, very technical and the melody is very pleasing. The guitar riff in particular is just amazing !

Oh no no, I meant Persona 4 had some bad dungeon music at times haha. Palace 4 is the smoothest.

Xiao Hu

Wtf@3 consecutive boss fights in
Shido's palace
. At least give me chance to save and fill up HP/SP before
I have to face Akechi twice...

MoonFrog

I feel like my numbers are a little bit too high. The average hours for Persona 5 according to How Long to Beat:

Main story - 95 Hours
Main + Extras - 104 Hours
Completionist - 172 Hours

Yeah. My first run was 105, trying to do a lot but prioritizing what I really wanted. 194 after second run added in with max social and compendium and what not.

Shido's palace

And then you get the anime pity party for the poor misunderstood murderer and sower of corruption...Especially characters coded female got to show just how big their hearts are for troubled, destructive, handsome young men....

mike6467

Ah, that makes sense.

I have one last question about December:
At what point do I lose free time? I've done Shido's dungeon and have eight days left on the clock, but apparently I have exams and a timeskip to the 24th.

I actually didn't think it did. I mean, are there any other mementos you have to worry about that with?

As for the second question, I'm curious too. I delayed the dungeon until 12/15 because I wasn't sure how the game was going to progress and I wanted to get slinks in while I could.

Is there any reason to hang out with a confident if they're already maxed?

If you've got spare time (or you managed your slinks poorly like I did and the one you need to work on isn't available), you can take them somewhere and occasionally get a souvenir to decorate your room with.

Ydelnae

If they make an unnecessary sequel/spin-off and mess with the characters just like they did with the Persona 3 and 4 cast, I swear to god.

Guess Who

Banned
Shido's palace

Fortunately they were all pretty easy, in my experience, especially if you have a Persona (or in my case, Personas) that block
Curse

Cat

On the Persona 4 talk from earlier about Naoto:

I feel some were being really dismissive of the idea that Naoto could be a trans boy and should take what the openly trans member shared with us to heart. Gender is based on what the person tells us and Persona 4 goes the route of saying the gender is based on Naoto's given body, which is a very common problem and mistake people make about gender that deeply hurts trans people.

MSMrRound

If they make an unnecessary sequel/spin-off and mess with the characters just like they did with the Persona 3 and 4 cast, I swear to god.

What makes you think they aren't already in the midst of making spin-offs featuring the P5 cast? It prints money. That being said like what FluxWaveZ and others mentioned, pretty interested in seeing Makoto's bike+punchy attacking style carried over to P5 Arena or the likes.

Weiss

Banned
Im dreading P5 Arena/Dancing/Karting if it means doing to this game what Atlus did to P4.

P4's cast kind of sucked already so them getting more and more animefied was no big lost. P5's cast is the best of any JRPG in years.

finished the 6th palace

i think i died 3 times to the boss. once was to that desperation move. wiped me even when i debuffed her attack. another time was for casting rebellion buff and getting penalized for it, yikes. she doesn't attack you for other buffs. i forgot the other death. this was on hard. fight was fun though, love the battle track. one of the best in recent times.

so much story afterwards though, i got kinda bored...

What makes you think they aren't already in the midst of making spin-offs featuring the P5 cast? It prints money. That being said like what FluxWaveZ and others mentioned, pretty interested in seeing Makoto's bike+punchy attacking style carried over to P5 Arena or the likes.

I personally want a Persona Tactics game.

nOoblet16

Shido's palace
It doesn't let you save but it does give you a chance to fill up HP/SP, you don't start the Akechi fight immediately after Yakuza boss. Akechi fight is just one fight with 2 different phases, the later of which is easy as he only targets Joker so you can just have Haru put a wall everytime for repel damage while you debuff Akechi using Joker and use the remaining 3 members to keep attacking him but have Joker refresh the debuff every 3 turns. The Yakuza boss was a bigger problem than him.

I want more Dancing All Night. But only if they throw characters from all five games in there. And TMS too while they're at it.
Yeah, the story was garbage but the P5 soundtrack is so good, Nanako needs to dance to it.

Guess Who

Banned
I want more Dancing All Night. But only if they throw characters from all five games in there. And TMS too while they're at it.
Yeah, the story was garbage but the P5 soundtrack is so good, Nanako needs to dance to it.

I'd be more okay with another DAN if I didn't think the first one sucked shit as a rhythm game.

nOoblet16

140 hours in (18 hours into NG+, near the end of 4th palace) and the speed has picked up drastically since I reduced the difficulty down to safety at the start of palace 4. I am also drowning in money.

My NG+ run is entirely for platinum so I don't really care if I don't get a challenge.

Weiss

Banned
December spoilers.

Please for the love of god tell me I have one more day to max ranks after 12/18. I just need one more conversation with Shinya and I can max him out and I'll strangle a dog if I get screwed out of it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Meh I figured the game would be that long. I am already burnt out after ~40 hours.

Really? I'm 30 hours in and can't get enough of the game. Take a break from the game maybe? I'll play Breath of the Wild and Overwatch here and there which makes me anticipate my time with Persona 5 even more.

It's so good I want to play more but I don't want it ending too quickly either.

Chaos17

P5's cast is the best of any JRPG in years.
You know nothing Jhon snow. You lack experience to be able to say that :p

Edit; try for example some dragon quest games, story wise and cast wise this serie is really strong. So yeah, you lack experience to be able to claim that.

jbug617

Banned
Do I need this item?

Do I need that stone from the fortune teller? 100k is no joke and I don't want to waste the money.

I'd be more okay with another DAN if I didn't think the first one sucked shit as a rhythm game.

My people.

Dancing All Night was such a disappointment--it looks and sounds so great, but then the actual song charting is at best okay, and at worst pretty bad. It's like no one who made those charts understood what swing notes were.

Put a better story and gameplay that feels as tight as a DJMAX or Project Diva into P5:DAN, and that game will be FIRE.

Does Persona 5 have a mandatory day one update, install, or require a specific PS4 software update? I haven't updated my PS4 in months because I don't have Internet. Would I be able to pop the game in and play?

Don't know about minimum PS4 firmware version, but there is no day-one patch for P5, it's still v1.00.

Splinter

Does Persona 5 have a mandatory day one update, install, or require a specific PS4 software update? I haven't updated my PS4 in months because I don't have Internet. Would I be able to pop the game in and play?

nOoblet16

Btw I didn't realise this but this is my most played single player game ever till date. Even 140 hours in I can't get enough of the presentation, characters, dungeon, music and combat. I am trying to play other games, mainly Persona 4 but so just see myself getting back to Persona 5.

N30RYU

Only if you wanna play in japanese.

Opa-Pa

The game has no updates at all, you can start it right away (although all physical games install themselves regardless).

TP

I put 70~ hours into DAN and never read more than two sentences of the story
I slammed on the fast forward button throughout the whole thing

Atlus can fuck up the characters all they want just give me more DAN

mike6467

Btw I didn't realise this but this is my most played single player game ever till date. Even 140 hours in I can't get enough of the presentation, characters, dungeon, music and combat. I am trying to play other games, mainly Persona 4 but so just see myself getting back to Persona 5.

This has been me. I have never gotten this deep into a game before. It helps that I'm waiting for my company to land a project, so I've had a ton of spare time. I have Zelda sitting on my Wii U and I figured I'd bounce back and forth between the two but I haven't touched another game since I started this up.

I've thrown 120 hours into P5 since April 3rd. The only game that comes close in total time played for me is Dirt Rally at 210 hours, which is a wind down constant that I've played pretty much daily since it was in early access. This time played in such a short period is kind of staggering actually and I doubt I'll do it again with any game ever. Most games I can't play for 1-2 hours without a break, I'm pretty sure most of my time with P5 has been logged in 3-6 hours stretches. GG Atlus.

Top Bottom