• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

DNAbro

What's more useless - Wasting real world time reading Mishima's lines during his Confidant scenes like they even matter, or putting in-game time to do the Devil Confidant at all? Discuss.

If you ever want to make yourself really angry at a nerd, reading Mishima's stuff is great.

TP

Capture a Persona

"This is the start of a long relationship"

Gets fused 5 minutes later

Time is relative I suppose.

The spirit of that persona lives on in its fusions
think about how long any one of your fusion chains is
some of them might have been with you since the start of the game

unless you deleted/sacrificed them

in which case it was a good 5 minutes

maybe

Genryu

Banned
The spirit of that persona lives on in its fusions
think about how long any one of your fusion chains is
some of them might have been with you since the start of the game

unless you deleted/sacrificed them

in which case it was a good 5 minutes

maybe

I do at some point want to spend an absurd amount of time crafting my Arsene to perfection.

Think of all of those good personas that are going to be fed to him.

About to send the calling card for
Palace 5

I really enjoyed nothing about this, but was this really the end?
The rooms were a chore and the whole thing was uninspiring, especially after 4 but I thought it would be longer. I felt like palace 3 just wouldn't end.

Opa-Pa

I think my biggest (and one of the few) complaint about the game is how broken SL rewards and skill can be. It's just insane that dungeons are designed to be played in smaller chunks, making SP items invaluable to allow you to advance as much as possible per session... Except one of the first SLs you're introduced to in the game can sell you the SP adhesives that completely trivialize this design choice and are far easier and less time consuming to get than regular SP items. I mean sure I could choose not to use them (and I only got one for the MC despite being able to afford more) but they're just too convenient.

It should obviously be easier and faster to gain access to making Master Coffee than buying these, but yeah, nope.

I think the idea of introducing these things to SLs is awesome and gives them much more value than before, but they really need to balance them better in the next game.

Capture a Persona

"This is the start of a long relationship"

Gets fused 5 minutes later

Time is relative I suppose.

This fucks me up because I've been playing so much SMT while waiting for P5, and there you don't have exp bonuses so I usually try to get demons to the level they get their last skill at and then fuse them... Except here that can happen right after fusing them, so I'm constantly anxious that I should fuse them again without using them at all >_>

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
About to send the calling card for
Palace 5

I really enjoyed nothing about this, but was this really the end?
The rooms were a chore and the whole thing was uninspiring, especially after 4 but I thought it would be longer. I felt like palace 3 just wouldn't end.

Lol you thought five was long, just wait till you get to seven.

I just spent slightly over a million yen getting the latest gear and SP accessories for my entire party to take on the final dungeon and to carry over to NG+.

Which DLC is recommended? Which one has the strongest Persona in it? I'll get it for my next play threw.

Zyrox

Is Magic Ability the same as Mage's Gift (on some sites), where it increases magic damage by 25%?

Yes it is. It can only be gotten via network fusion so it can take a while to get it (gotta pray to RNGesus, took me about 3hrs of resetting to get Magic Ability, Almighty Boost and Almighty Amp).

Genryu

Banned
Yes it is. It can only be gotten via network fusion so it can take a while to get it (gotta pray to RNGesus, took me about 3hrs of resetting to get Magic Ability, Almighty Boost and Almighty Amp).

I didn't know there were unique skills to get in Network fusion until I did my first one
and got Magic Ability right off the bat.

Exentryk

Network fusion is fusion with more than two personas, right? Also, that seems quite tedious, but it's the price to get the best stuff.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is it worth it trying to spec a powerful Almighty persona?

I think the last time an Almighty skill is legit useful and gives great value considering their SP-cost/damage ratio is Nocturne's Freikugel, that shit was incredibly awesome.

Opa-Pa

Network fusion is fusion with more than two personas, right? Also, that seems quite tedious, but it's the price to get the best stuff.

Nah those are special fusions and each persona has a specific recipe so it's more simple than it seems.

Network fusion is another feature where you offer a persona to be fused by a random one online from another player, so there's no telling what you'll get.

Damn. Did you make ultimate personas or just did whatever you wanted?

I made the ultimate Personas. The one that got the most use was
Yoshitsune
because his final skill is broken on every level.
Satanael
is the best for running around dungeons though because of Victory Cry.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The requirements for the P4G true ending seem crazy for a fresh blind run, its kinda putting me off playing it right now :/

I hope I can get the 5 one aince you guys say its much less demanding.

PK Gaming

Wow, the 6th dungeon is

Completely amazing.

Awesome new character? Check.
Rocking music? Check.
Superb aesthetics? Check.
A healthy mix of linear and non-linear gameplay? Check.
Sexy, bunny girl shadows? Check check check

The process of raising coinage and "beating the system" was fun. Akechi is just incredibly competent in a way that's borderline scary, and he plays off the cast in an interesting way. It's obvious his goals differ from ours, but what is he after...? In any case i'm just before the final room. Looking forward to taking Sae's heart!

Nah those are special fusions and each persona has a specific recipe so it's more simple than it seems.

Network fusion is another feature where you offer a persona to be fused by a random one online from another player, so there's no telling what you'll get.

I feel bad whenever I think that someone is going to get my shitty persona in exchange for their cool one, and I always hope they're early game though.

Guess Who

Banned
Wow, the 6th dungeon is

Completely amazing.

Rocking music? Check.

The process of raising coinage and "beating the system" was fun. Akechi is just incredibly competent in a way that's borderline scary, and he plays off the cast in an interesting way. It's obvious his goals differ from ours, but what is he after...? In any case i'm just before the final room. Looking forward to taking Sae's heart!

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTT

Exentryk

Thanks. Damn, locking good abilities behind this stuff seems bad.

Starts praying to RNGesus.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, the 6th dungeon is

Completely amazing.

Rocking music? Check.

Spoilers in a "wink wink, nudge nudge" sort of way, nothing concrete

The boss battle is freaking amazing, and what comes after is even better. Oh man. OHHHH MAN.

Opa-Pa

Palace 6 is amazing, yeah. I think it's pretty remarkable how all of its puzzles are heavily tied to the dungeon's concept AND involve fighting and dungeon crawling first and foremost, barely any gimmicks.

Add some pretty good challenge and bam, it's my favorite dungeon so far. There was even
a Nocturne-inspired fight! So cool.

I'm pretty bummed that I had to work all day and left the game after the info dump that comes after beating the dungeon... I really need to see more.

The requirements for the P4G true ending seem crazy for a fresh blind run, its kinda putting me off playing it right now :/

I hope I can get the 5 one aince you guys say its much less demanding.

Yeah P4 went overboard with ending requirements and Golden added even more. In a sense it was kikda useful that I got the true culprit spoiled in retrospect.

If P5's requirements are what I think they are, then I got past that part recently and it's indeed pretty straightforward, to the point I think you'd have to deliberately go for the bad ending to get it.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah P4 went overboard with ending requirements and Golden added even more. In a sense it was kikda useful that I got the true culprit spoiled in retrospect.

If P5's requirements are what I think they are, then I got past that part recently and it's indeed pretty straightforward, to the point I think you'd have to deliberately go for the bad ending to get it.

So P3 style? Cool.

Opa-Pa

Thanks. Damn, locking good abilities behind this stuff seems bad.

Starts praying to RNGesus.

To be fair those skills sound pretty damn broken haha. I don't think almighty boost and amp are even a thing in other games? The severe damage version of almighty skills are usually ridiculously strong outside of bosses already so almighty amp is probably insane.

So P3 style? Cool.

Yup, pretty much.

Exentryk

To be fair those skills sound pretty damn broken haha.

I don't see the problem :p
I mean I like breaking games and using the most optimum setups, so I'll definitely be getting all these great abilities. Would have liked them to be less tedious though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Palace 6 is amazing, yeah. I think it's pretty remarkable how all of its puzzles are heavily tied to the dungeon's concept AND involve fighting and dungeon crawling first and foremost, barely any gimmicks.

Add some pretty good challenge and bam, it's my favorite dungeon so far. There was even
a Nocturne-inspired fight! So cool.

I'm pretty bummed that I had to work all day and left the game after the info dump that comes after beating the dungeon... I really need to see more.

I think ill just play it normally and whatever ending I get is what I get, and then youtube the rest or something. Ill try not to obcess over it
and fail

TP

Late November question

What is the minimum amount of days Shido's palace can be completed in?
2? 3?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Question about the subway dungeon. If I've made it to the locked door that requires getting the social meter higher to open, do I want to leave the dungeon to do that? I don't see an easy way out besides shoepping all the way through these floors back to the rest area to warp home.

cheesekao

Question about the subway dungeon. If I've made it to the locked door that requires getting the social meter higher to open, do I want to leave the dungeon to do that? I don't see an easy way out besides shoepping all the way through these floors back to the rest area to warp home.
You can warp from END areas.

Guess Who

Banned
I've got a save file right before (seriously like, the very end of the game spoilers)
the temple, but after dealing with Michael and his Angels' Recarmdra bullshit I just don't have the energy to finish it tonight. Thank god I had a Persona with Maeigaon and Mamudoon for that.

Opa-Pa

The doors open as you clear palaces. You can warp from End areas or use a Goho-M (they give you two when you first enter and can craft more).

Teptom

Question about the 7th palace:
Will the game make you wait to send the calling card like it did with Sae's Palace?

And a question about Mementos:
So it's 11/25 and Mishima just gave me the "Swindling Old Folk is Pretty Low" request. Am I close to the end of Mementos? I'd like to finish it. Especially if it actually ties into Morgana's story as much as they've hinted at.

Top Bottom