• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

ramyeon

Okay, so it turns out you can miss mementos requests if you don't check a Mishima text by a certain date. This simultaneously locked me out of the request and book trophy.
That sucks, checking my messages at night has become a daily routine for me in game so fortunately I haven't missed anything.

Jiraiza

f3jf1Dl.jpg

I love this.

Edit: Aww, disappointing end there.

Zephyx

Okay, so it turns out you can miss mementos requests if you don't check a Mishima text by a certain date. This simultaneously locked me out of the request and book trophy.

I always check the messages when I receive it. I just don't reply to invitations instead of declining when I'm about to do something else.

Zyrox

Anyone got some fusion formulas for good ol Satan? The calculator is failing me here, only lists fusions involving Messiah-Picaro which I don't have.

Quick question: I'm going to start this tonight. Because it is a 100 hour game, I'm only going to play through it once, and I am doing so to enjoy the story/s.links. Should I just play on Safety or start on Easy?

silva1991

Anyone got some fusion formulas for good ol Satan? The calculator is failing me here, only lists fusions involving Messiah-Picaro which I don't
have.
Metatron × Ishtar
Abadon x the great(Emperor?) amulet
Mara × Ongilli
Messiah, Bishop God × Orlov
Michael × Orlov

Of course save before buying those from Igor in case one of them is wrong.

ramyeon

Quick question: I'm going to start this tonight. Because it is a 100 hour game, I'm only going to play through it once, and I am doing so to enjoy the story/s.links. Should I just play on Safety or start on Easy?
I honestly recommend starting on Normal and then switching to Easy if need be. Normal isn't very hard as is.

You can switch at any time except for Safety which locks you in.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, that's why I played thru the game a third time. The good news is you can check the text whenever, but your phone only saves the last 50.

TheBear

Is there any trick to obtaining personas in the dungeons? When I talk to them, I take note of their personality (timid, aggressive etc) but then they ask questions like what do you like for dinner and shit and it throws me off completely.

Also, my only complaint thus far is getting one-shotted by stronger enemies and losing an hour progress. That shit is unfair

Ferrio

Banned

How familiar are you with the series? SMT games always kick my ass that I've never finished them and I found this game easy enough on normal I had to bump it to high. The game gets easier the longer it goes it seems, so if you can make it through the start you're most likely good.

Chaos17

Use a guide if you only want to play it once because that game kinda force you if you go blindly to to do a new game+ A guide will help you see most of the social links.

Exentryk

The names are like that in Japanese too.

That doesn't mean localisation could not have fixed them.

Yeah I was quite annoyed by this while watching a stream, seeing the AoE version of Psio being Mapsio. And I remember I had trouble wrapping my mind around Media being a healing spell in my first SMT game. It's the capitalization in the English language that makes it harder to understand, in Japanese you don't run into that problem.

What if the English names were rendered as MarAgi, MaBufudyne, MeDiarahan etc?

The capitalisation looks a lot better. Even a hyphen in the middle could work, like Mar-agi, Ma-bufudyne, Me-diarahan, etc. This way you could get rid of that "r" in mar-agi and have it as ma-agi.

How do I go to the Velvet Room on demand to fuse personas? I've only gone when the game has forced me to.

There are locations at the front of mementos and the palaces, as well as in Shibuya, and I think Shinjuku, also probably also other parks of the city you are able to access later.

Morgana still going on about
"When I'm a human" when it's obvious that's not the end game of his story arc
in the 5th palace is sad, hilarious and slightly annoying.

CSX

So has there been a guide detailing the best dialogue choices during confidant events yet?

Pretty sure there's plenty for the original japanese version, just wondering if anyone took the time to make an english version

Exentryk

So has there been a guide detailing the best dialogue choices during confidant events yet?

Pretty sure there's plenty for the original japanese version, just wondering if anyone took the time to make an english version

The gamefaqs spoiler free guide lists the best responses for dialogues.

duckroll

Using a guide for dialogue choices takes all the fun out of it. I mean there's really nothing quite like looking at the choices, seeing "Beep Bop" and being COMPELLED to pick it knowing it is a bad choice, and having to use every ounce of willpower to pick the one that doesn't hurt her feelings. :p

CSX

Using a guide for dialogue choices takes all the fun out of it. I mean there's really nothing quite like looking at the choices, seeing "Beep Bop" and being COMPELLED to pick it knowing it is a bad choice, and having to use every ounce of willpower to pick the one that doesn't hurt her feelings. :p

I already did that for my 1st playthrough lol. I just had to see that response myself :p

Now on the NG+ and I just wanna max out all confidants asap

Ulong

I feel like maxing all the confidants is so easy this time around that you don't really need a guide on NG+. I almost maxed them all on my first playthrough doing everything SUPER inefficiently.

Balphon

Anyone got some fusion formulas for good ol Satan? The calculator is failing me here, only lists fusions involving Messiah-Picaro which I don't have.

As far as I can tell fusing something into a treasure demon always results in the next highest persona of the same arcana, so you could try that.

The best, and probably one of the only good parts about Ann's confidant is that she can take a jabs at her expense in stride sometimes.

Got sick and lost my appetite for gaming for a few days. Now back to normal and having trouble getting motivated to start P5 up again. I was having fun, but story just hasn't been grabbing me like P4. I'm sure I'll get back in the groove though.

Exentryk

I feel like maxing all the confidants is so easy this time around that you don't really need a guide on NG+. I almost maxed them all on my first playthrough doing everything SUPER inefficiently.

The conversation isn't interesting enough to care for immersion. But it's good to hear there is some flexibility and that I might be able to max out my links.

Jiraiza

10/29:

Hot damn, got Crow in my party. Exciting. Gotta love the interesting contrast between the MC's Persona and Akechi's Persona.

ramyeon

That doesn't mean localisation could not have fixed them.

The capitalisation looks a lot better. Even a hyphen in the middle could work, like Mar-agi, Ma-bufudyne, Me-diarahan, etc. This way you could get rid of that "r" in mar-agi and have it as ma-agi.
Haha "fix" indeed.

The capitalization and hyphens both look terrible.

Is there any trick to obtaining personas in the dungeons? When I talk to them, I take note of their personality (timid, aggressive etc) but then they ask questions like what do you like for dinner and shit and it throws me off completely.

Also, my only complaint thus far is getting one-shotted by stronger enemies and losing an hour progress. That shit is unfair

There's a section in help menu in game that describes stuff. When u talk to an enemy u see what kind they are. The guide tells u how to act.

Timid be Kind
Etc, etc...dont have em all memorized myself.

Some of the harder foes have weaknesses. Casting Forget on those vulnerable is clutch from my playthrough so far. Hope that helps keep u alive.

Nose Master

Strength Level 10 spoilers:
So, who are they? Not sure if I was jumping to conclusions and hearing Margaret / other Velvet room lady's voice during the Rank 10 link or not. Disregard if it's actually relevant to plot and brought up later outside of the link.

Top Bottom