• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

silva1991

I used to think that leveling up only meant more HP and SP, but apparently it's more than that.

I tried to beat Reaper around level 20 with my super Yoshitsune(level 94) and I had the second best weapon in the game and I did so little damage to him. He was impossible even after debilitate and charge.

I guess I'll comback for him after i hit level 40.

Xeteh

So if you have max knowledge, in ng+ do you just give all wrong awnsers at school and shit and it wont matter right?

Like so you can spam X to go fast :3

You might want to save before exams because I'm pretty sure you still need to get the answers right on that to pass. Its 3 days of questions and then the final day is the Knowledge check.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You might want to save before exams because I'm pretty sure you still need to get the answers right on that to pass. Its 3 days of questions and then the final day is the Knowledge check.

Do you have to get the awnsers right during classes to get them right during exams?

Meciu

How much of the game left (%) is there after 4th Palace? Is there a lot of days you can spend on your own or does the game dictates what you do most of the time with a lot of skips?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hope whatever rerelease or expansion DLC adds a playlist of past games' music to Mementos the way FES did for Tartarus.

Yeah, something like this would be much appreciated. Makes so much sense too with the vehicle thing, just have soundtrack CDs sold in a shop you can play there.

TP

I'm hoping for Golden like addition.

New character and dungeon.

Ideally it would be a lot more than that though

new s links
new/remixed music
more quality of life changes changes (hope P5 team has played SMT4A)
new events
etc.

That would be a lot to do as an expansion
how much would that even cost

ShadyK54

Currently on 8/15

Went with Makoto to Book Town & ran into Hifumi. I don't know why, but that interaction/crossing of the streams was really cool to me.

Kain

Going the harem route, don't care about the consequences. #player

For the first time ever you can romance adults in this series and it feels so weird lol

Temperance and Death done, maybe I try Devil and Fortune I'll leave for NG+

Rien

Jelly Belly
Yesterday the mission for the 3th Dungeon got trigged with only 12 days to do the job. After some stuff i needed to do for the mission i only have 9 days and i still need to get in.
Is it normal that the 3th mission is way shorter in time that you get then earlier missions?
If not, what did i do wrong that i got triggered so late?

Kinsei

Banned
Yesterday the mission for the 3th Dungeon got trigged with only 12 days to do the job. After some stuff i needed to do for the mission i only have 9 days and i still need to get in.
Is it normal that the 3th mission is way shorter in time that you get then earlier missions?
If not, what did i do wrong that i got triggered so late?

It's normal.

dlauv

I beat it. Game felt a bit messy and overwrought towards the end (latter half really). Good stuff, but I don't think it beat out Nier for me.

Pitch perfect difficulty balancing for so long of a game though (Normal). I think it took me 90-92 hours. Really enjoyed the final dungeon.

LotusHD

Banned
Yooo! Palace 6 theme has Lyrics?

Enjoy.

---

Speaking of Palace 6, the second half of it was a lot less irritating to get through. But honestly, other than the amazing music (best one yet so far), this was somehow the least interesting one yet. I recall others saying that stuff like the story and boss revolving around the palace are the real selling points, and I'd agree. The palace itself... Meh.

9/9
You can drink the tap water here in hawaii. Mishima stay losing forever.
Also maybe I might go into waikiki one day and take pictures of the real life areas in waikiki they go to

ChrisD

9/9
You can drink the tap water here in hawaii. Mishima stay losing forever.
Also maybe I might go into waikiki one day and take pictures of the real life areas in waikiki they go to

Think it's more that one's body isn't accustomed to the differences, even in Tap. It's why Ryuji says not to drink it overseas. Softwater makes me queasy because I've drank our hard Tap all my life

Think it's more that one's body isn't accustomed to the differences, even in Tap. It's why Ryuji says not to drink it overseas. Softwater makes me queasy because I've drank our hard Tap all my life

Ah I guess so. Small 9/10 spoiler too
I was able to go hang out with either Makoto, Ryuji or Hifumi. I saw a video showing you can also hang out with the teacher or Ann. I tried replaying the day twice but got same options both time.

ramyeon

Ah I guess so. Small 9/10 spoiler too
I was able to go hang out with either Makoto, Ryuji or Hifumi. I saw a video showing you can also hang out with the teacher or Ann. I tried replaying the day twice but got same options both time.
It depends on how far along your social link rank is with them.

ChrisD

When they give you like 15 days to something, when's the best time do it? Should I do others things before perhaps?

There really is no best time. So long as you do them within a day or two (three when including the Calling Card) you don't need to rush. Do Social stuff and then take on the Palace when the deadline gets to fourish days. Though on the same token, why not just get it done early? Neither way actually gets you "more" Social time.

Do you have to get the awnsers right during classes to get them right during exams?

Just like in real life you're supposed to remember what you learned in class to ace your exams. Getting answers right during class has the knowledge bonus of course but it doesn't have any effect on the exams. Just keep in mind that later the game will check if you were paying attention :)

dlauv

When they give you like 15 days to something, when's the best time do it? Should I do others things before perhaps?

It incentivizes the player to finish in the least amount of days possible, so you can do other stuff. Some dungeons will take at least two.

In general, you should give yourself four-to-six days before the deadline at the top-right of the screen. There is also a process after you complete a dungeon that takes two additional days and may make you miss the deadline (they don't tell you). Be sure to check your in-game, in-menu calendar for more information about a "palace" deadline and "calling card" deadline, listed seperately.

Personally, I like to finish them ASAP. But completing social links will give you benefits in battle to make the ride smoother.

chrono01

So I just found the treasure in the first palace, but I'm finding the game kind of hard. I had to use my DLC Soma just to complete that portion in a day (following a spoiler-free perfect guide/walk-through). Are there certain Persona that I should focus on creating? I've mostly just been befriending all new creatures, and then using them in-turn to create further new ones. I'm trying to have a nice spread of elemental attacks, to exploit weakness, but other than that I'm kind of just doing things blind. Ideally, it'd be great if I could find a Persona with access to better/cheaper heals (preferably AOE).

Also, in-regards to SP, which accessories are recommended to grab just so I don't have as much of a headache in trying to manage it all? I later found out that the Soma I used sold for 50k yen, which would have been nice to use for equip-able items. I wish I had known that before I used it. I've also heard that it's more-or-less needed in the final portion of the game, so I kind of hope I didn't screw myself out of finishing the game. :(

So I just found the treasure in the first palace, but I'm finding the game kind of hard. I had to use my DLC Soma just to complete that portion in a day (following a spoiler-free perfect guide/walk-through). Are there certain Persona that I should focus on creating? I've mostly just been befriending all new creatures, and then using them in-turn to create further new ones. I'm trying to have a nice spread of elemental attacks, to exploit weakness, but other than that I'm kind of just doing things blind. Ideally, it'd be great if I could find a Persona with access to better/cheaper heals (preferably AOE).

Also, in-regards to SP, which accessories are recommended to grab just so I don't have as much of a headache in trying to manage it all? I later found out that the Soma I used sold for 50k yen, which would have been nice to use for equip-able items. I wish I had known that before I used it. I've also heard that it's more-or-less needed in the final portion of the game, so I kind of hope I didn't screw myself out of finishing the game. :(

Prioritize getting the confidant in the clinic to rank 7 ASAP. This will net you relatively cheap SP recharging accessories to purchase from her. I had the highest level one by the third dungeon for the MC and it's a huge relief.

Mendrox

Screwed yourself a bit for the begining by not selling the Soma, but it's fine. Your thoughts how to approach the game are good too. Always fuse your Persona with the ones in the dungeons and create better and stronger monsters. Get the doctor (Takemi) to level 5(?) rank 7 (for half the cost) to buy SP accessory that will regenerate SP every round.

chrono01

Screwed yourself a bit for the begining by not selling the Soma, but it's fine. Your thoughts how to approach the game are good too. Always fuse your Persona with the ones in the dungeons and create better and stronger monsters. Get the doctor (Takemi) to level 5(?) to buy SP accessory that will regenerate SP every round.
Yeah, I'm seriously kicking myself for not selling the Soma. If only I knew how much it sold for...

UGH!

I'm not starting over though, I'm too many hours in to do that (with my backlog as it is, my gaming time is already valuable). I just hope I didn't cause myself too many money issues by not selling it. From what I can see, the accessories that grant SP recovery (at Death Rank 7) cost 50k per, and considering I need to outfit my party with them...

Yeah, I made a mistake. :/

AndersK

Yeah, I'm seriously kicking myself for not selling the Soma. If only I knew how much it sold for...

UGH!

I'm not starting over though, I'm too many hours in to do that (with my backlog as it is, my gaming time is already valuable). I just hope I didn't cause myself too many money issues by not selling it. From what I can see, the accessories that grant SP recovery (at Death Rank 7) cost 50k per, and considering I need to outfit my party with them...

Yeah, I made a mistake. :/

Money is rarely an issue from Midgame and on. In terms of whether or not you'll miss the Soma...I sold Mine, and that definitely helped starting out on hard, but I still think overall having one more Soma is probably the most useful. Since neither of us have that, our situation is similar. What I'm saying is, don't stress over money too much.

Top Bottom