• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

ChrisD

Not really but you'll regret your decision at some point in the game.

Is Mementos needed for the True Ending, btw? Just a yes/no is all I'm really wondering on -- In spoilers, of course. Seems like it's pretty important for story with Morgana wanting to reach the end and all, I mean he mentions time and time again early on that he got you together as a team to explore it to the depths. I can't help but feel they would make reaching the end a necessity for the best ending.

cheesekao

Is Mementos needed for the True Ending, btw? Just a yes/no is all I'm really wondering on -- In spoilers, of course. Seems like it's pretty important for story with Morgana wanting to reach the end and all, I mean he mentions time and time again early on that he got you together as a team to explore it to the depths. I can't help but feel they would make reaching the end a necessity for the best ending.
YES. ~Filler Text~

Ulong

Ya

Guess Who

Banned

Short answer:
----Yes.----
Long answer:
You will be forced to do Mementos to the end at some point, and it'll be a lot easier if you just stay reasonably caught up on it.

zulux21

I just spent slightly over a million yen getting the latest gear and SP accessories for my entire party to take on the final dungeon and to carry over to NG+.

Which DLC is recommended? Which one has the strongest Persona in it? I'll get it for my next play threw.

izanagi gets you null physical as a skill which is nice, thantos or whatever has an almighty attack, beyond that I am not sure as I haven't played much with the dlc that released yesterday and in general I won't summon the ones that are higher level than me even though i could.

ChrisD

Thanks for the quick answer(s)!

Glad I do a complete excursion into it every month, then! I actually enjoy it, kind of gives me the Persona I know from 4 and a bit of 3. Even though it's objectively inferior to the hand-crafted dungeons, I enjoy the romps when they aren't mandatory to progress the story... Well, for the most part, haha.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am genuinely surprised I did the 7th palace in one go, the SP struggles were real as fuck near the mid-end. These heavy attacks are brutal even with the SP accessory now, had to break out a few good items to get by.

And then
that ending fight gauntlet, which I went into with Makoto/Yusuke with <10 SP each, lol. Luckily wasn't too bad but at one point my MC nearly died due to being targeted three times in a row, and Ryuji jumped in for a super clutch save.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The fuck at people not wanting to go to mementos, its great for some combat fun, persona taming, money making...

daveo42

Banned
Palace 7 - After clearing the area but before fighting the boss:
That was some shit Akechi went through thanks to Shido's fuckery. Makes you actually feel bad for him because Shido destroyed Akechi's life from birth just by being his deadbeat dad. Absolute fucking scum. Kind of wish it didn't have to end with him "dead" even though I'm not sure that's the case just yet.

The bit about Joker and Akechi being the same as well...damn. On to Shido and the march towards the end of the game.

Raxus

I am deeply confused about affinity readings.

How do they work. Do I have to interact with the confidant that day or does it just add +1 affinity towards them a day?

ramyeon

How do they work. Do I have to interact with the confidant that day or does it just add +1 affinity towards them a day?
I think it adds more than +1. If it is enough to rank up next time she will mention that it looks like your bond will deepen soon. You don't need to hang out with them at all for it to work, it's automatic.

Say you want to raise Yusuke's rank but he's not ready yet. Go to Shinjuku, pay to raise affinity with her and then in all likelihood he will be ready to rank up right away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

It gives a certain amount of affinity with them (like lets pretend its the equivalent of 3 notes) so if you are close to rank up, it will give you a rank up next time you go to them (which can be imediatly), if not, you might have to do it 2 or 3 times until you can rank up.

10/31
Nearing the end of palace 6 and I have to say this is probably my least favorite palace so far. Weird because I didn't mind 5, which is getting a ton of hate, but this labyrinth mechanic is annoying and the entire first part felt kind of bland and uninspired.

Though I will say I am digging the story surrounding this dungeon a lot more, as well as the song.

Raxus

I think it adds more than +1. If it is enough to rank up next time she will mention that it looks like your bond will deepen soon. You don't need to hang out with them at all for it to work, it's automatic.

Say you want to raise Yusuke's rank but he's not ready yet. Go to Shinjuku, pay to raise affinity with her and then in all likelihood he will be ready to rank up right away.

Well I wish I used her more often then because it makes stingy confidants like Sojiro a hell of a lot easier.

Jiraiza

Well, fuck, lost about an hour or so worth of progress, money, Personas, and treasures in the 6th Palace. Fucking Mind Splice.

So what are the best DLC Persona to get ability wise? Getting all of them released so far will set me back $20AU+

I got Thanato for the Curse amp, Almighty spell with Mid chance of instant kill, one full revival if killed, critic chance up when ambushing

Dark Izanagi and Kaguya have unique curse and bless spells I believe

SoulUnison

Banned
What is this game?

I don't even remember 3 or 4 pulling me in like this, and I was basically a slave to those games once they hooked me straight through to the credit rolls. I've got 85 hours on the clock and I'm just hitting the end of September - there's still almost "half" the game left, if I just assume based on the calendar.

Also, the
Gallows
Fusion and Skill Cards have put me in a weird place.
I've always liked to keep the MC's "True" Persona in the party as long as possible, but eventually, usually pretty early, they can't keep up.
With these new items and abilities I've got a Level 50 Arsene that's been with me the entire game and can hit 8 different weaknesses.
I have to remember to do other fusions just so I won't fall behind in the endgame.

Why did they have to play one of the worst tracks in the game for the entirety of Mementos

It really never changes? Damn.
This is actually one of my biggest (but only) complaints about the game so far.

You spend so much time in Mementos, but I hate being there for that weird, plodding, almost circus-y music.

While reading this thread I was dreading the 5th palace because of how many people were trashing it.

I've only just started it, but man...it has my favorite music in the game, my favorite palace theme so far...(spoilers for the palace theme):
I love the Shadows because they remind me of Daleks so it feels like I'm infiltrating a spaceship in Doctor Who.

Rhaknar

I got rid of Arsene like 10mins into the game.

No fucks given. Hell Rider vroom vroom.

ramyeon

I might actually try and make a decent Arsene at some point. I've never bothered with starting Persona before and they're usually fusion fodder as soon as possible.

Any good builds people wanna share?

FluxWaveZ

Had no clue. Never played the Arena games.

yukari-p4u2-win.gif

He's exclusive to NG+
Available in the beginning or end?
What is this game?

I don't even remember 3 or 4 pulling me in like this, and I was basically a slave to those games once they hooked me straight through to the credit rolls. I've got 85 hours on the clock and I'm just hitting the end of September - there's still almost "half" the game left, if I just assume based on the calendar.
I don't know but it's crack. I have 118 hours and not even remotely tired with it. In fact, now I want to get into the persona fusion game.

[6/28]
Kaneshiro's goon reading the calling card is a work of art. I imagine the voice direction for that character was just "your fourth grade teacher just called on you to read out loud the next paragaph in the book, and most of the words are a little above your reading level".

ChrisD

The fuck at people not wanting to go to mementos, its great for some combat fun, persona taming, money making...

Perhaps it's just my adoration for the battle theme, but I share the same confusion! Though I will concede the point of Memento's own theme getting to be repetitive. A shame it doesn't progress as you do.

Rhaknar

So if you have max knowledge, in ng+ do you just give all wrong awnsers at school and shit and it wont matter right?

Like so you can spam X to go fast :3

daveo42

Banned
As of 12/4, I think I'll be short on two confidants. Not too bad considering how few it felt like I completed in Persona 3 and 4 in relation with no guides. I think I'll end up missing out on Hanged and Devil depending on availability. As much as I'd like to take down
Shido
tonight, it'll have to wait. I assume that whole sequence takes quite some time to wrap up.

Espada

I'm close to the end of the
7th Dungeon
and goddamn. This place should've been cut in half, it is way too long.

Top Bottom