• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

This might sound stupid, but what happens when you get ' game over ' for say not completing something in time. Can you just reload your last save?

Dragner

Yesterday had to go to bed after that 19-20 november revelation.

It was awesome. As a fan of Christopher Nolan this hour long twists are my cup of tea.

MC was badass all the time and my god that Goro psycho face and the headshot cutscene. I went crazy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I'm seriously kicking myself for not selling the Soma. If only I knew how much it sold for...

UGH!

I'm not starting over though, I'm too many hours in to do that (with my backlog as it is, my gaming time is already valuable). I just hope I didn't cause myself too many money issues by not selling it. From what I can see, the accessories that grant SP recovery (at Death Rank 7) cost 50k per, and considering I need to outfit my party with them...

Yeah, I made a mistake. :/

It can give an early game boost but it's ultimately a DLC item you never need so it doesn't really matter at all. Money isn't too hard to come by as you get deeper in too.

Backflip

Quick question; I've seen a few official Twitter accounts (Deus EX, Sonic) post Persona 5 parodies. I'm sure I've seen others but I can't find them anymore. Do you guys remember who posted some of them?

chrono01

Money is rarely an issue from Midgame and on. In terms of whether or not you'll miss the Soma...I sold Mine, and that definitely helped starting out on hard, but I still think overall having one more Soma is probably the most useful. Since neither of us have that, our situation is similar. What I'm saying is, don't stress over money too much.
At least there are (supposedly) a few Soma you can gather in-game, so we still have access to a few. I'm definitely hanging onto them from now on, since I've heard the post-game boss is pretty rough without it.

It can give an early game boost but it's ultimately a DLC item you never need so it doesn't really matter at all. Money isn't too hard to come by as you get deeper in too.
Thanks, I won't worry about it then. :)

If money becomes a problem for me, I can always do the Memento/Confusion track I'm been reading. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I guess time will tell!

marzlapin

Yeah, I'm seriously kicking myself for not selling the Soma. If only I knew how much it sold for...

UGH!

I'm not starting over though, I'm too many hours in to do that (with my backlog as it is, my gaming time is already valuable). I just hope I didn't cause myself too many money issues by not selling it. From what I can see, the accessories that grant SP recovery (at Death Rank 7) cost 50k per, and considering I need to outfit my party with them...

Yeah, I made a mistake. :/

I didn't sell my Soma and I was fine on money, especially in the second half of the game. I didn't do the confusion miniboss farming thing either. Make sure you go to Mementos in between Palaces because that place practically throws money and exp at you. The Sun and Star confidants also have perks that give you more money.

Toki767

I haven't started the 7th Palace yet, but I am missing like 50 Persona in the Compendium.

I'm curious how much money it'll cost me to fill that out since I only have 1.5 million lol

chrono01

I didn't sell my Soma and I was fine on money, especially in the second half of the game. Make sure you go to Mementos in between Palaces because that place practically throws money and exp at you. The Sun and Star confidants also have perks that give you more money.
I'm following a perfect walk-through, so I assume I'll get those Confidants leveled appropriately. I noticed I can get Death to 7 mid-way through the second palace, as for whether I can afford the accessories at that point is another matter. I'm planning on finishing each palace in two days (one to find the treasure and the other to retrieve it), so I should hopefully have more than enough time to farm Memento's if I need to.

Appreciate the post, BTW! This is my first time really going through a Persona game, so I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed.

Quadraxis

God this game is so good and the soundtrack is absolutely superb. Finished the 4th palace early and just enjoying the free time afterwards :D. Does anybody know what the theme is called that is played inside the 4th palace and at the start of the 3rd palace? I really want to listen to them some more but i'm afraid of encountering spoilers D:

Getting towards the end of the first palace. Can't say I'm a fan of the stealth mechanics so far. Probably partly because of how hard resource management is so early in the game but also because it slows dungeon exploration to a crawl since getting Dangered is even easier than the equivalent in earlier games and that's close to certain death. Also the X button doing everything is terrible, I've hit X to Ambush , the enemy has walked out of range as I do it , the game takes it as X to leave cover, the enemy spots and rushes me -> game over.

Also the hiding spots are really awkward many of them position you so you can't see other spots because of the restricted camera movement while hiding. Maybe I'll develop a greater appreciation later but so far the sheer inconvenience is greatly outweighing the atmospheric bonus.

Young Magus

8/28
1.)
The crews interact with futaba is charming as hell

2.)
And poor Akechi backstory and the polling got me feelin kinda bad.....kinda tho.

Opa-Pa

I went thro the entire palace and reached the treasure without finding it. Smashed all the objects as well.

edit: is there a set location or something?

Nope, they're completely random. You can raise chances of finding one witht the Treasure Trap thief tool though.

dlauv

Getting towards the end of the first palace. Can't say I'm a fan of the stealth mechanics so far. Probably partly because of how hard resource management is so early in the game but also because it slows dungeon exploration to a crawl since getting Dangered is even easier than the equivalent in earlier games and that's close to certain death. Also the X button doing everything is terrible, I've hit X to Ambush , the enemy has walked out of range as I do it , the game takes it as X to leave cover, the enemy spots and rushes me -> game over.

Also the hiding spots are really awkward many of them position you so you can't see other spots because of the restricted camera movement while hiding. Maybe I'll develop a greater appreciation later but so far the sheer inconvenience is greatly outweighing the atmospheric bonus.

I felt the same. You get used to how lite it is mechanically and it becomes a quick process. It's important to know that as long as you're in hiding mode, you can be squarely within a monster's sights and remain undetected.

Also, paths have invisible walls. Your map clearly defines them in 2D even when the 3D geometry, or lack thereof, doesn't. You can hide in plain sight not four feet away from a monster as long as you're on an adjacent path.

If you're worried about ambushing a monster in an inopportune position in a room full of monster, then you shouldn't worry. Surrounding enemies disappear after battle and only reappear after you've distanced yourself. There's also a brief grace period before they reappear that you can use to cling and hide to virtually anything.

DKL

I think people need to be more patient with the mechanic (that is janky, make no mistake... the specific scenario where I remember it just not working was when I was trying to get a treasure between two hiding spots and the game would not let me be accurate at all). While I'm not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure, it seems like if you just sit there in the corner and turn dark, enemies cannot actually see you even if you're in plain sight of them as long as you're hugging the wall...

(also, I'm assuming you're using that second vision mode that highlights all the walls you can actually hug)

So there's pretty much no reason to shift around a bunch in order to get better positioning and you're pretty much just sat there waiting for a target reticule to appear.

(you're just as invisible around the corner away from an enemy's vision as you are in their vision as long as you're hugging the wall... it might be different for a specific enemy type, but I'm already mashing ambush by the time it seems like something different might actually happen)

That said, yes, you need to wait for them to walk up to you and for the red marker or whatever to appear (your cue to get into the optimal cover is when the enemy is facing away from you, essentially). It slows the game down, but I've only come across one scenario in which the game forces reinforcements (and even then, there might have been a better way of doing that particular sequence?).

Essentially, it's a pretty autopilot mechanic that trivializes all enemy encounters (at least as far as the 4th palace, which I'm assuming is a pretty decent chunk of the game).

Though, you do need to be weary about other enemies in the area and make sure that you don't exit the battle where the ones you did not kill spawn back in. This isn't hard because the map gives you all the info lol

That said, I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to sneak past the encounters, but I'm not sure it's a good idea because you need the EXP.

Baleoce

What happened to SEGA publishing this game btw? I don't see their name on the boxart. Or at least the boxarts I've seen. It just got me thinking after this article last year. I've not really kept up with it all, but was a little surprised.

silva1991

During the last months:
Where can I find makoto? Can't find her since I can't go to school.

She should be in the station near the school. If she was, you will get another option besides going to the roof to meet Haru.

Press square on the world map and game will tell you if she's there or not.

Yes, if you're hidden you're hidden but many spots aren't close enough to Ambush from and you definitely can't ambush enemies if you're in a spot their faces the wrong direction even if they are close. But I just came out of a battle and got rushed straight away.

There's also some line of sight mechanic for standard cover but so far what counts doesn't seem particularly consistent. I've stood in front of an enemy with knee high cover and gone unspotted and been spotted from behind platforms.

And by Danger I mean , if the enemy hits you in this instead of you hitting them they get danger, whereas in P3/P4 they had to hit your back IIRC, so the stealth mechanic is pretty much forced (also the danger level forcing you out ). So you spend a lot of time hiding and trying to ambush enemies.

This game pulls way less punches with enemy abilities early too.

Mendrox

I'm following a perfect walk-through, so I assume I'll get those Confidants leveled appropriately. I noticed I can get Death to 7 mid-way through the second palace, as for whether I can afford the accessories at that point is another matter. I'm planning on finishing each palace in two days (one to find the treasure and the other to retrieve it), so I should hopefully have more than enough time to farm Memento's if I need to.

Appreciate the post, BTW! This is my first time really going through a Persona game, so I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed.

You feel overwhelmed because you want to do more than the game expects you to do, but because that will be your only playthrough I guess you won't stop using it. I would really recommend not using it, because it takes the fun away...feels more like work than a game. So it's no surprise that everything is too much for you. Also you won't be able to finish every dungeon in two days for story reasons but the guide will mention this I guess. Also if you really do a perfect guide run...one or two mistakes and you won't be doing a perfect playthrough so be wary and if you fail (which is easy after the second palace) then don't mind and keep playing it your own way. Just a recommendation.

Sorian

Banned
Game ending spoilers
probably not a huge deal but rather scare people off, what's the name of the track that plays during the scripted part of the last boss fight where you land the killing blow?

DKL

Yes, if you're hidden you're hidden but many spots aren't close enough to Ambush from and you definitely can't ambush enemies if you're in a spot their faces the wrong direction even if they are close. But I just came out of a battle and got rushed straight away.

Not sure what you mean by this, but it has mostly felt like the ambush reticule has been very generous and I barely need to move around once I establish what the enemy path is.

(like, there's a specific range it works at... but feels really long range for the benefits it gives you)

I feel like danger is pretty easy to avoid given how generous the ambush mechanic is (though I've still had moments where the game kind of screwed me because of the context sensitive thing with X, but it's never been too bad since I'm always saved up... there's really only one section I remember being kinda long, but it's possible that I missed a saved room for this one).

Sorian

Banned
You feel overwhelmed because you want to do more than the game expects you to do, but because that will be your only playthrough I guess you won't stop using it. I would really recommend not using it, because it takes the fun away...feels more like work than a game. So it's no surprise that everything is too much for you. Also you won't be able to finish every dungeon in two days for story reasons but the guide will mention this I guess. Also if you really do a perfect guide run...one or two mistakes and you won't be doing a perfect playthrough so be wary and if you fail (which is easy after the second palace) then don't mind and keep playing it your own way. Just a recommendation.

I followed the perfect guide here and there and missing something is hardly he end of the world. I strayed from him a few times if I felt like prioritizing something else and still caught back fine. As long as you dont let social stats fall behind, it's cake and the perfect guide had like 10 dead days at the end that he used for the books and video games achievement.

Mendrox

I followed the perfect guide here and there and missing something is hardly he end of the world. I strayed from him a few times if I felt like prioritizing something else and still caught back fine. As long as you dont let social stats fall behind, it's cake and the perfect guide had like 10 dead days at the end that he used for the books and video games achievement.

Which I mean with perfect guide. Perfect guide requires you to read through all the things, play all the games etc. which is not easy when you miss something here and there. It's more work than fun for the game.

Szadek

21 days left, still need 14 rank up at day and night.
Unless I run into some huge scheduling issues, this all shoud work out.
I'm avoiding ranking someone to 10 right now, unless they are my only option.

Tiops

So... are we getting a "Persona 5 seems to be developing quite the fan art following already...." thread? Persona fanarts and funny stuff are always great.

silva1991

Not sure but some memento quests are missable so make sure you read the messages from mishima
think that's the quest you get black frost

I'm waiting and he still won't send me anything about this quest.

Moon is rank 3 btw. I will be pissed if the quest requires the rank to be at 2.

So... are we getting a "Persona 5 seems to be developing quite the fan art following already...." thread? Persona fanarts and funny stuff are always great.

Pretty sure there is one.

LiK

God this game is so good and the soundtrack is absolutely superb. Finished the 4th palace early and just enjoying the free time afterwards :D. Does anybody know what the theme is called that is played inside the 4th palace and at the start of the 3rd palace? I really want to listen to them some more but i'm afraid of encountering spoilers D:

3rd Palace track:
Price
4th Palace track:
When Mother was There

Miang

Yaaaaaaasssss 250 navigation lines trophy GET

Wasn't even trying to grind for it at all, just came naturally halfway through
7th Palace
. Easier than Hardcore Risette Fan lol.

Arthos

For the craftworker trophy - do you have to make all three pages of tools yourself? I didn't craft the eternal lockpick myself.

nOoblet16

Can you link me this walkthrough please ? I don't want to get fucked over near the end of NG+ because I missed something.

kromeo

The dlc has reminded me of something, persona 2 has the best victory music after battles <3

Also I never played it but Persona 1 seems to have horrible battle music

Top Bottom